over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current Style of Training You Prefer:

What Is Your CurrenT Style of Training?

• DC/HIT Type of training

Votes: 337 39.7%
  • High Volume

Votes: 180 21.2%
  • Sling-shot (alternating between high and low volume)

Votes: 110 13.0%
  • High Frequency Training with moderate/low volume

Votes: 152 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 8.1%

• Total voters
Very high volume.

Even doing keto (it goes agaisnt science? maybe), but since I've been doing slow reps, squeezing at the top for 2 secs, 3-4 sets per exercise, around 6 exercises for chest/back/shoulders, 7-8 for legs and 3-4 biceps/triceps, around 45-60 min intense training, 1 min rest... I've gained loads of quality.

6 days a week pre contest.

I like this layout actually! I might try something like this since both methods work

I bastardized wendler and DC. EOD training

Wendler bench, DC shoulder/tris, dc horizontal rows

Wendler deadlifts, DC quads, calves

Wendler OHP, DC chest, tris, dc vertical row (chins,pull-ups)

Wendler squat, DC hams and calves.

Do this for 6 weeks so I go through 2 wendler waves. Then a much needed 1 week deload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC/HIT for a couple years now and wish I'd crossed over a long time ago.

Heavy and Volume

I make the best gains by hitting it heavy, 6 to 9 reps and 15 to 20 sets per bodypart. My split is chest, bis & rear delts, rest day ( HIIT cardio only), tris & side delts, back & traps, legs, rest day HIIT cardio

DC training almost exclusively for the challenge and I've made some amazing progress on it.

I recently adopted higher frequency mod volume and love it. Had been a one bodypart once weekly high volume guy for a while. I train 6 days w legs day 1 - chest, shoulder, tri - day 2 and back, traps, bis day 3. Rest day then repeat. 9 sets each day legs, chest and back. 5 sets shoulders and 3 arms. Abs twice weekly when I have time. Have gained strength weekly. Really been amazing.

I have pretty much done many of styles of training. When I was younger I thought more sets (high volume) was the best way just because I loved the feel. Over the years I have dropped my sets and gym time down. These days I train more often, just way fewer sets than before. So, I pretty much would say I am low-moderate volume more often. Just thought it would be interesting to see people's current training preferences.

I train four times per week. Once every week I will train high intensity where I try to break a PR in a certain rep range in one of the four main lifts (flat bench, deadlifts, squats and overhead standing presses). The other sessions is mainly higher rep in secondary movements and main movements.

I've been following Neil Hills Y3T and I'm really enjoying it. Might try DC after

FD/FS training has been my new style of training lots of focus on slow eccentric
work has been working great. Whole new level of soreness

Reactive Pump Hypertrophy, mountain dog.
Affords a lot of time but it pays off, i love it.

none im on vacation for a week :love::D

That said when I start back training Im thinking maybe change up exercises-just finish a six week hit type training(except bodyparts that seem to get injured more easily, than I do what I can)--- higher rep , moderate weight, than slowly ease into training a bit more intense, staying at the same weights a while most likely( if i gain some strength great, if not fine with that) going shy of failure by 1-3 reps on paper.

Furthermore, after 3-4 weeks I'm thinking of putting more intensity into my training and progressing in poundage and doing some hit type training- listening to my body and putting on some size for maybe 6-12 weeks, depending, then taking another week off or deload and lessing intensity.

So this is kind of out the ordinary but I need some suggestions.

Due to limitations I'm forced to 3x a week sessions maybe 4x a week every once in awhile.

I've done DC in the past and it works great as a 3 week solution; however, my lagging bodyparts are arms and quads and it tends to grow me overall bigger and just leave those still behind.

Does anyone have suggestions on a way to modify a DC routine into a 3x per week split that can bring up those bodyparts?

Or any other suggestions on a 3 day a week program with a good focus on those bodyparts but not leaving overall mass out the equation?

Would appreciate some ideas!

So this is kind of out the ordinary but I need some suggestions.

Due to limitations I'm forced to 3x a week sessions maybe 4x a week every once in awhile.

I've done DC in the past and it works great as a 3 week solution; however, my lagging bodyparts are arms and quads and it tends to grow me overall bigger and just leave those still behind.

Does anyone have suggestions on a way to modify a DC routine into a 3x per week split that can bring up those bodyparts?

Or any other suggestions on a 3 day a week program with a good focus on those bodyparts but not leaving overall mass out the equation?

Would appreciate some ideas!

Look into Scott Stevenson Fortitude Training.

Question on rest pause “sets”

Like JM workouts says 14 work sets

Leg curl 4 sets
Hacks 4 sets
Squats 4 sets
SLdL 2 sets

If you DC style the workout do you think it’s just as effective? I know Jordan peters has 2 work sets to failure kinda like DC but higher volume

DC Training.

Once I saw progress from doing one exercise per body part, anything else seems like a waste of time. Adding 5 lb to lifts every 10 to 14 days and sometimes still making the same reps without thinking about percentages, speed work etc is awesome.

I also like the stares it gets me when I walk into the gym and start a workout with incline dumbbell curls and finish it with front squats. Onlookers can't figure it out and they're wondering why there's consistently more weight on the bar or getting more reps.

All Summer I have maintained 250 lbs @ 6% 0r Better! 1-2 workouts a week.

Pyramid style starting at 15 reps w- 30 seconds approximately between sets working down to 6 reps.
Chest 3-4 exercises, 6-8 sets each
Then Delts 1-2 exercises, 4-6 sets
Arms super set w- 6-10 sets. All done on a Drop set w little Rest.
If and when I made it to the Gym twice..
Back - 3-6 exercises same fashion, with a smaller Arm superset Blast!
Abs if I remember!!! And Legs Never!!!

All machines and D-bells, Light weight!

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp