advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 weeks out from competition, striations everywhere yet abs are barely visible...?

palifter21

Registered
As the title says, I'm 2 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show and I'm a little unimpressed with my abs given my current body fat (~4%). Hamstrings are striated, glutes need a few more days and lower back has the Christmas Tree look when relaxed.

I should mention I haven't directly trained abs in 3-4 years due to getting exteremely painful cramps even post doing 20 crunches. I also had an umbilical hernia surgery about 10 months ago and that area still scares me.

So my question is, what's the deal? Am I really missing out due to my lack of an training? Thanks to all in advance!

Pictures.... Pictures will help a great deal brother

I understand where you're coming from...I have ridiculous crazy veins in my ab area but yet the bottom 2 never pop.... I got pretty peeled last year but my abs (and posing) cost me 1st place.... I thought I was pretty dialed in diet wise.... I'm hitting abs harder this time around....

As the title says, I'm 2 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show and I'm a little unimpressed with my abs given my current body fat (~4%). Hamstrings are striated, glutes need a few more days and lower back has the Christmas Tree look when relaxed.

I should mention I haven't directly trained abs in 3-4 years due to getting exteremely painful cramps even post doing 20 crunches. I also had an umbilical hernia surgery about 10 months ago and that area still scares me.

So my question is, what's the deal? Am I really missing out due to my lack of an training? Thanks to all in advance!

4% BF huh? Tested how? Yes, pics please

Don't have access to the greatest pics right now and I'm at work so I can't take any at the moment. I'll attach a pic to give an idea of BF %, pics are 5 days old. BF was measured by caliper test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 6,363
Sorry to tell you this bro, but you're AT BEST 8-9%. Not anywhere close to 5. You need to get a lot leaner.

Sorry to tell you this bro, but you're AT BEST 8-9%. Not anywhere close to 5. You need to get a lot leaner.

No, if anything that makes me very happy you just said that and I hope you're right. I guess I just need to get down to 4-5% to really see the abs pop?

I would say you are closer to 6-7ish, but your abs look pretty shallow so they may never be fully outlined and "pretty" like someone with different genetics.

I'd say 8-10%... Getting down to a real 6-8% will make a difference but everybody isn't blessed with great ab genetics. That would include me. :-(

Looks like your abs might be a little underdeveloped compared to the rest of your physique. They need more thickness imo. Still looking good though.

What have macros/cardio been like? Any re-feeds, cheats? How has energy been?

Competition is 15 days away. This is my first show ever, am I screwed?

Edit: macros this week (I change them Monday's) 330 protein/230 carbs/20g fat

Cardio right now is 40 min fasted in the morning LISS style. Stopped cheat meals at 8 weeks out.

Thermgenics are 12.5mcg T3 before bed and 40mcg clen upon waking

Last edited:
The best you could probably do would be to abuse them extremely bad right before your carb up....so the ab muscles are extremely swollen with water due to overexertion.

Other than, 15 days is zero time to make any worthwhile changes.

If you don't train abs then you don't have much abdominal muscle. Lots of guys prefer this because thicker abs means more stomach distension. Don't worry about it. When you cut water they will come out.
I trained my abs extremely hard and heavy daily for 20+ years so they show regardless of how fat I get. But, my stomach distends because of it.

If you don't train abs then you don't have much abdominal muscle. Lots of guys prefer this because thicker abs means more stomach distension. Don't worry about it. When you cut water they will come out.
I trained my abs extremely hard and heavy daily for 20+ years so they show regardless of how fat I get. But, my stomach distends because of it.

That's very interesting, didn't know if that was fact or fiction. Does age play a role in how well your abs come in? For example, I'm 22 so I lack the muscle maturity.

That's very interesting, didn't know if that was fact or fiction. Does age play a role in how well your abs come in? For example, I'm 22 so I lack the muscle maturity.

Absolutely. They thicken up over the years from heavy training.
Nobody judges abs. Have the freakiest legs and you're the winner.

Yeah bro you have a little bit more fat than you originally thought. ANd once you pull off the H2O and drop the fat, you will see them. But the next 2 weeks are going to be a mother fucker for you.

Competition is 15 days away. This is my first show ever, am I screwed?

Edit: macros this week (I change them Monday's) 330 protein/230 carbs/20g fat

Cardio right now is 40 min fasted in the morning LISS style. Stopped cheat meals at 8 weeks out.

Thermgenics are 12.5mcg T3 before bed and 40mcg clen upon waking

Your definitely not screwed. You have good shape and that should help you. With the last week depletion and whatnot I think you'll come in looking pretty good.

definitely train your abs directly.

whether your stomach will 'distend' or not depends on whether or not you over-carb/eat carbs that don't agree with you.

and/or use too much IGF-1 like LR3 (but that's speculation)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131