over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing after 40?

So I believe my training is not the issues. If anything I would say I push the limit there. Sups aren't the problem either or I at least think. I figure if I can't grow on 1000 test 600 deca and 5iu gh with 15 iu slin. It's never going to happen. I thought about throwing in some tren into the mix. It's has to be the diet. I eat clean 95% of the time. I hit 4000- 4500 calories a day protein is alway high. Thinking I might have to go back to the old ways and add some olive oil to meals.

110% or expect to regret it!

It sure is difficult isnt it? Im 54 now and its hard as hell compared the 40`s. May i ask what are your dosages of masteron ,test and primo?
I have added hydrogen water lately and ozone therapy that has many benefits. I notice the hydrogen water take inflammation away very nicely and they say it reduces lactic acid ,fatigue .So far so good . ill keep doing it..

After reading this I looked into the hydrogen water. What are you using to make it? Sticks, tablets, etc?????

Sounds interesting.

After reading this I looked into the hydrogen water. What are you using to make it? Sticks, tablets, etc?????

Sounds interesting.

I bought a hydrogen machine for 2000 but i have tested it and its not great for the amount of parts per millon. ppm.
I also bought the tabs and added that to the hydrogen water from the machine .Its getting better and better for strength. You can buy a test kit to test how much hydrogen there is .
There is an older guy on youtube claims he can make strong hydrogen water like about 3 parts per million with the sticks and malic acid. Its cheap.
I may even try this for myself as well.
The japanese and chinese are all over this technology.
I know myself i have chronic neck pain for many years. This definitely loosens my neck.
Hydrogen is the smallest element on earth so it can get into every thing ,every part of the body.
Its def worth looking into.

the guys who are in there 40s and only been in the gym 5-10 years pushing doses n trying to get bigger worry me.

:yeahthat:

THIS is the major issue IMO. Being 40 with 20-25 years of training/BB lifestyle under your belt is clearly not the same than suddenly wake up one day at 40 experiencing midlife crisis and saying to that ugly bastard you see in the mirror he needs to lose his belly to impress the 19 y.o. cute Swedish student who babysits his twin kids... lol... :p

A trained athlete will indeed USUALLY :eek: (he should anyway) decrease his dosages as he ages to come close to TRT and thus stay healthy, will also adopt a sound nutrition and practice an aerobic activity in order to get in perfect cardiovascular shape... while a newbie, 40+ or not, most of the time won't realize the potential dangers of AAS and other hormones, especially when combined with a bulking diet, and will blast everything when his body obviously won't tolerate the abuse as smoothly as he could have in his 20's. :(

Very nice gains. I get test up to 1000 and gh at 5iu. How high do u take ur calories. Man I struggle to keep going with 4500 clean calories. It's like my digestive system isn't like it use be

I agree.. I struggle to put away ALOT of clean food.... the brunt of my calories are clean (3500) but i'll hit 5 Guys 2-3x a week to get some more calories in. as crazy as it sounds I don't really enjoy it but I do what I have to... I get lean VERY easily (Tenny and MiniTruck would attest to this) but gaining is a chore... always has been... I was a stick my whole life.. so in my bulking phases I do ZERO cardio.... and it's hard for me cuz I love doing it... got up to 223 this off season and abs are still very visible so I'm pretty happy. At my peak , I , like you have Test at about a gram a week and i'll play with Dbol or Anadrol.... had Deca in there but didn't feel I benefited at all.....my 2 biggest meals are the 2 meals following training....excited as I start prep in 2 1/2 weeks.... the only thing in my crosshairs are Masters Nationals in July...i'll knock test way down to about 140mg-200mg per week and bring in the exotics... been on 6F Rooskie Reds at 3.33ius... strong as fugg but I hold a bit of water on em..... switching to TP Blacks once prep starts...split 2ius/2ius morning and afternoon...

The upside of starting at 40 is being new to the juice.
You just bypassed 20 yrs or so of damage from yrs of dosing.
Luckily for me I lifted for 12 yrs, till 30 juice free. At 40 I put on 48lbs in one yr due to muscle memory and too much createne...
Still 30 lbs of muscle and 18 lbs of water.....Not bad.
At 48 I think I may come into summer my Best Yet as far as bodybuilding.

Last edited:
The upside of starting at 40 is being new to the juice.
You just bypassed 20 yrs or so of damage from yrs of dosing.
Luckily for me I lifted for 12 yrs, till 30 juice free. At 40 I put on 48lbs in one yr due to muscle memory and too much createne...
Still 30 lbs of muscle and 18 lbs of water.....Not bad.
Same here. Career military so didn't start until I retired at 39. 42 in April and I've grown a lot since then.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm 53 now and I'm having no problems maintaining my size in fact I'm the biggest I've never been. 506 278 off season. At 52 I was 2nd in super heavies in the 40+ and won the 50+ at the masters nationals. I keep everything less than a gram total and use 5iu of gh. I train one body part per day. 6 exercise 4 sets a muscle group. Lots of volume fast pace high reps 15-20 reps per set. I want a extreme pump and burn every set. Heavy weights just make my joints sore. I started growing and getting a harder look when I went to high volume. I.do one heavy core movement per bodypart then all high rep. Example back day, bent rows or t-bar rolls. Leg day heavy squats. Shoulder heavy seated bumbbell press. Chest heavy bench arms heavy barbell curls. Triceps heavy standing skull crushers. Etc... one heavy exercise per bodypart. I'm still growing at 53 so you can grow at 40. After I lean out I won't go back over 250. I keep my meals small and I have something every two hours. I get at least 30 grams of protein each meal. I use oils and nuts for additional calories when bulking everything else stays the same. I eat 85% clean. I'll do two shows this year then I think I'm done.

I'm 53 now and I'm having no problems maintaining my size in fact I'm the biggest I've never been. 506 278 off season. At 52 I was 2nd in super heavies in the 40+ and won the 50+ at the masters nationals. I keep everything less than a gram total and use 5iu of gh. I train one body part per day. 6 exercise 4 sets a muscle group. Lots of volume fast pace high reps 15-20 reps per set. I want a extreme pump and burn every set. Heavy weights just make my joints sore. I started growing and getting a harder look when I went to high volume. I.do one heavy core movement per bodypart then all high rep. Example back day, bent rows or t-bar rolls. Leg day heavy squats. Shoulder heavy seated bumbbell press. Chest heavy bench arms heavy barbell curls. Triceps heavy standing skull crushers. Etc... one heavy exercise per bodypart. I'm still growing at 53 so you can grow at 40. After I lean out I won't go back over 250. I keep my meals small and I have something every two hours. I get at least 30 grams of protein each meal. I use oils and nuts for additional calories when bulking everything else stays the same. I eat 85% clean. I'll do two shows this year then I think I'm done.

Good luck brother. Keep us posted on how it goes

It sure is difficult isnt it? Im 54 now and its hard as hell compared the 40`s. May i ask what are your dosages of masteron ,test and primo?
I have added hydrogen water lately and ozone therapy that has many benefits. I notice the hydrogen water take inflammation away very nicely and they say it reduces lactic acid ,fatigue .So far so good . ill keep doing it..

Im just starting to play with this mix. Been lifting for 25yrs but only started using gear when I turned 40. Before it was always Test 1G/EQ 600/GH 3iu but as Im getting older the EQ raising the RBC's so much bothers me, I don't want 10w/40 viscosity blood.

Last run, summer cycle I used Test 600mg, Primo 600mg, Mast 400mg per wk ran that for a bit and didn't like how I responded until the last 6 weeks I upped the test to 1000mgs and that made a huge difference.

This time its 1000mgs test, 600 Primo, 400 mast GH at 5IU (split throughout the day) alternated with IGF-LR3 on workout days. Will see how it goes.

Im just starting to play with this mix. Been lifting for 25yrs but only started using gear when I turned 40. Before it was always Test 1G/EQ 600/GH 3iu but as Im getting older the EQ raising the RBC's so much bothers me, I don't want 10w/40 viscosity blood.

Last run, summer cycle I used Test 600mg, Primo 600mg, Mast 400mg per wk ran that for a bit and didn't like how I responded until the last 6 weeks I upped the test to 1000mgs and that made a huge difference.

This time its 1000mgs test, 600 Primo, 400 mast GH at 5IU (split throughout the day) alternated with IGF-LR3 on workout days. Will see how it goes.

Thanks for sharing. Its good to hear from others close to the same age. Yes we def learn more and more the older and longer we do this.

I'm gonna be 47 next week and I feel i'm still growing .... My 1st show in 2014 I was 179 on stage..... this year coming up I should be 203 or so.... For me its high test and an ABUNDANCE of calories... pretty pleased .... growing at a steady pace.... btw for me HGH is in year round

the only thing which doesn't grow on this bastard is his waist lol

This thread really hits home! I'm older too (can't bring myself to print how old lol) Similar story, competed in PL for over 20 years till all the injuries put me on the shelf. I've been a trainer and certified sports nutritionist for almost 30 years, lifting 40. I'm 5'10" and about 230, leanest I've EVER been. People can not believe how old I am. That said, I have to say the big difference is being an athlete my whole life. Wow guys in their 40's 50's and 60's come to me looking beyond horrible and want me to fix it. Truthfully, I'll take their money and will help them but DAYUM! I'm like "you should have come to me 20 years ago" What are these people thinking, why do they have no respect for their bodies till they look and feel like shit? As a trainer and a life long gym rat, not working out is a totally foreign concept to me. I love when I see other trainers with their 50 somethings clients teaching them treadmill and 5lb pink dumbbells! I have 50 year old housewife's I teach barbell bench press on day one. Christ, get a grip.
Sorry for the rant, but yes I just recently put on about 10lbs of muscle. Very smart basic lifting, separate days for all major muscle groups, tons of volume, lots of rest, ton's of protein, and yes, Test, plus small amount of Deca, and minor GH (2-3iu's daily) Slight blast and cruise protocol with the test. If I had to start over though I think I could still get in shape.

real, possible and impossible scenarios

Just wondering if I'm to only one who has a hell of a time getting bigger after 40. I'm going on 42. I can bounce back to a certain weight when I'm bulking but then it's a mother to grow beyond it. I started gh for the first time hoping it will help. What do u guys do to keep it going.

I am probably stating the obvious but just humor me for a moment . . .

In my opinion, and everybody is different . . . if you are truly natural and have been
training since twenty let’s say, and you are forty now, your days of growing new,
lean muscle tissue are behind you. The best you can hope for is maintaining. If
you have not got as big, and strong, and lean in twenty years of training then
what you have now is a good as it’s going to get. Again, my opinion.

Now, let’s say you start training at forty. Yes, it is possible to grow lean muscle
mass. But don’t expect any miracles. You will not grow like you would if you were
20 or even 30. But you will grow, no doubt about it. Again provided you are truly natural.

The addition of steroids, GH, insulin, etc. are obviously game changers. No question.

If you have been training since twenty let’s say, and you are forty now, and you
add more steroids, GH, insulin, etc. than you were currently taking, you will see
some additional grow . . . but only relative to the amount of ‘drugs’ above and
beyond what you were on before. And there is a point of diminishing returns
More and more does not always equal more and more muscular growth. There
is a limit.

If you start training and taking ‘drugs’ at forty, obviously you will see rapid and
sustained growth. Far more and far faster then if you were natural. But not forever.
Again, there is a point of diminishing returns. But grow you will, guarantee it, far,
far more than if you were natural.

In my case, I started training at 18, totally natural. Would not know a steroid
if it hit me across the face like a used catfish. Could not even spell the word.
I tried all the vitamins, minerals, natural supplements, all sorts of protein
powders (I suspect they are better now but still not worth it . . . whole food
is far superior), every diet known to man and my gains were dismal until I
dumped all the crap I was ingesting and changed my training routine, then and
only then did I grow like a weed. People who had had not seen me in six months
barely recognized me. And all I did was train differently. Zero change in diet
excepting the removal of the so called supplements. (The only thing I was
supplementing was somebody else’s bank account.)

Then I lost a bunch of that size and strength due to ‘life’ (long story) but I always
kept training but not at the same level of intensity and determination. I maintained
a somewhat ‘pleasing’ physique (was never accused of being a bodybuilder,
though I desperately wanted to be) for a long long time, until I was 52 and I
got on a real TRT program. And then I started growing again. And fast. Like
overnight. Amazing. Made zero changes in my diet or training; I just grew. My
strength improved almost effortlessly. My sense of well-being, concentration,
self confidence improved. Blood work was perfect (until abused my dosages).

I will tell you this . . . If I had tried steroids in my youth, when I started training,
I surely would have abused them. Yes, I know myself that well. If some is good,
more is better would have been my motto. I would have taken everything under
the sun, tried anything I could get my hands, anything and everything to get bigger.
And I would be regretting it now, am certain my health would be the shits so I
am glad for what little I have now, was exposed to ‘it’ now rather than earlier
which is rather unusual; backwards to the way most things in life occur. So I
seem to at least avoided one mistake after having made literally thousands
of others.

:yeahthat:

THIS is the major issue IMO. Being 40 with 20-25 years of training/BB lifestyle under your belt is clearly not the same than suddenly wake up one day at 40 experiencing midlife crisis and saying to that ugly bastard you see in the mirror he needs to lose his belly to impress the 19 y.o. cute Swedish student who babysits his twin kids... lol... :p

A trained athlete will indeed USUALLY :eek: (he should anyway) decrease his dosages as he ages to come close to TRT and thus stay healthy, will also adopt a sound nutrition and practice an aerobic activity in order to get in perfect cardiovascular shape... while a newbie, 40+ or not, most of the time won't realize the potential dangers of AAS and other hormones, especially when combined with a bulking diet, and will blast everything when his body obviously won't tolerate the abuse as smoothly as he could have in his 20's. :(

Yes. 100%

It not my business, but you are using way to much. How old are you 50?

Hey Guys

I am turning 50 in about a month. I backed off on my training and did only HRT for a couple years. Didn't quit training but would often go weeks without seeing the gym. My son (19 years old) and I started training together regularly 4-5 months back, and it has been great for me. I bumped my test up to 400mg/week and blew right up to 245lbs. Since then I have tightened the diet up and leaned down to a comfortable 225lbs and feel pretty good. On my birthday I am going to deadlift 500lbs for reps. Hoping I can pull 4-5 without too much pain or injury :D:D

Jeez. I'm trying to get smaller. I rarely ever use more than 100mg a week. I've added 100mg of deca also to help me get through a knee problem. But I'm with Emeric. Less is more the older I get.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity