over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Rate

XstarchildX

Banned
So, I've noticed for some time that my heart rate without exertion during the day can be in the 80's or 90's whereas back in the day (when I was a starved natural bodybuilder) it was in the 60's. Granted this was about 4 years ago and I was roughly 50 or so lbs lighter, but it still seems odd.

I decided to check my HR right after waking up and, lying in bed, it was around 62-64 bpm.

I do have anxiety and occasionally suffer from panic attacks, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I just checked mine the old fashioned way while sitting at the computer and it was around 92bpm.

I am aware no one is a doctor and cannot 'diagnose' anything, I just want some thoughts.

I've had a couple EKG's done during routine check ups and once when I was in the hospital with the flu. I've wanted to have an echo done just to have it done, but my previous doctor wouldn't write a referral. I am still yet to find a new PCP since I relocated about a month ago...

Do you use GH? Any compounds that cause extra water retention? (Nandrolones, dbol...)

Might be time to start doing some cardio periodically during the week.

And anxiety definitely plays a role; my sister sometimes has 95bpm resting and her scans and tests came back normal; anxiety.

I'm too stupid to get anxiety though [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Echocardiogram

Well, since it was just 64 bpm in bed after awaking I wouldn't worry too much but it shouldn't be over 70's while you are up and about, sitting at the pc. Something could be wrong. When I developed cardiomyopathy my resting heart rate in bed upon awakening was in the low 90s and would get up over 100 or so during the day just walking around. They classified it as idiopathic cardiomyopathy because they didn't know for sure what caused it. It was while I was using steroids. I was on test, tren, and EQ. The echo showed my walls were stiff and not moving like they should, ejection fraction was only about 40%. After getting clean for almost 1 year it was back up to 55% or so which is normal.

Do you feel normal? I would get out of breath easy. Even doing dumbbell curls would cause it. Squats and deads were a bitch.

I think that if you present to your new doctor a high resting heart rate like that he will give you an EKG and then should follow up with an echocardiogram. If you are using steroids it may help him to decide to do the echo. It could also hurt too and hell just ask you to quit using it. Youll have to judge that on your own when you meet him.

In my case he saw an inverted t wave and since my heart rate was so fast he ordered the echo. I am glad he did. I got off the steroids right away.

So, I've noticed for some time that my heart rate without exertion during the day can be in the 80's or 90's whereas back in the day (when I was a starved natural bodybuilder) it was in the 60's. Granted this was about 4 years ago and I was roughly 50 or so lbs lighter, but it still seems odd.

I decided to check my HR right after waking up and, lying in bed, it was around 62-64 bpm.

I do have anxiety and occasionally suffer from panic attacks, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I just checked mine the old fashioned way while sitting at the computer and it was around 92bpm.

I am aware no one is a doctor and cannot 'diagnose' anything, I just want some thoughts.

I've had a couple EKG's done during routine check ups and once when I was in the hospital with the flu. I've wanted to have an echo done just to have it done, but my previous doctor wouldn't write a referral. I am still yet to find a new PCP since I relocated about a month ago...

Mine was high when starting roids. It would pound in my ears at rest. In the 80’s is normal while on gear. Mine is in the 50’s now after being natural for 5+ months.

Do you use GH? Any compounds that cause extra water retention? (Nandrolones, dbol...)

Might be time to start doing some cardio periodically during the week.

And anxiety definitely plays a role; my sister sometimes has 95bpm resting and her scans and tests came back normal; anxiety.

I'm too stupid to get anxiety though [emoji846]Yeah, I'm currently on 500mg of test and 300mg of deca. But anxiety can really spike it quickly. I'm hoping this is all it is, but I think I should get an appt just to be sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, since it was just 64 bpm in bed after awaking I wouldn't worry too much but it shouldn't be over 70's while you are up and about, sitting at the pc. Something could be wrong. When I developed cardiomyopathy my resting heart rate in bed upon awakening was in the low 90s and would get up over 100 or so during the day just walking around. They classified it as idiopathic cardiomyopathy because they didn't know for sure what caused it. It was while I was using steroids. I was on test, tren, and EQ. The echo showed my walls were stiff and not moving like they should, ejection fraction was only about 40%. After getting clean for almost 1 year it was back up to 55% or so which is normal.

Do you feel normal? I would get out of breath easy. Even doing dumbbell curls would cause it. Squats and deads were a bitch.

I think that if you present to your new doctor a high resting heart rate like that he will give you an EKG and then should follow up with an echocardiogram. If you are using steroids it may help him to decide to do the echo. It could also hurt too and hell just ask you to quit using it. Youll have to judge that on your own when you meet him.

In my case he saw an inverted t wave and since my heart rate was so fast he ordered the echo. I am glad he did. I got off the steroids right away.
Squats and deads can be pretty bad SOMETIMES. If my HR gets too high I can get a bit panicky and it can trigger a panic attack. This has only happened a couple times, but that's when it gets really high. I'm able to hit another set within a couple minutes no prob most of the time, even if I take it to failure (with the exception of squats and deads though).

I think I'm going to try to get an appointment.

Think about your heart rate recovery after doing a set in the gym. How is that compared to a year ago when you felt better? Here is a thread that links to a good study on the subject. Slow heart rate recovery is linked to heart disease.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...overy-after-exercise-predictor-mortality.html
I've read that, and it really bothers me. My old doc wouldn't take me seriously and said, "You don't need an echo. You're in your mid thirties!" as if no one has ever, in the history of the world, had a heart attack prior to 40 lol.

Mine was high when starting roids. It would pound in my ears at rest. In the 80’s is normal while on gear. Mine is in the 50’s now after being natural for 5+ months.
I didn't realize you jumped ship! I can't only because I need TRT at the very least.

I should also point out that I'm iron deficient. I had iron deficiency anemia which was corrected, then we donated a few times and I went back to being iron deficient (Hemo and crit were in range), now my hematocrit is slightly elevated at 52.8%, hemoglobin is around 16.8 and iron is still low based on MCV, MCHC, RDW, etc.

It is my understanding that anemia, or even iron deficiency, can increase heart rate. Hmm...

I've read that, and it really bothers me. My old doc wouldn't take me seriously and said, "You don't need an echo. You're in your mid thirties!" as if no one has ever, in the history of the world, had a heart attack prior to 40 lol.

Did he know you used steroids on a regular basis? Since they can cause problems maybe he would have taken it more serious if he knew. Just wondering what he knew.

Did he know you used steroids on a regular basis? Since they can cause problems maybe he would have taken it more serious if he knew. Just wondering what he knew.
Great question! Yes, he actually told me, and I quote, "No! You need to get off testosterone replacement. It's a bunch of hooplah. It does nothing for the patient and WILL kill you."

At least it's low when getting out of bed. That's the most important thing. If it's anxiety, try some ashwagandha and rhodiola

At least it's low when getting out of bed. That's the most important thing. If it's anxiety, try some ashwagandha and rhodiola
I appreciate your input, nothuman. I actually have some ashwagandha and I was taking it religiously, but after I moved about a month ago, I stopped. I know where it is, so I'm going to grab it :D

On a side note, just booked an appointment with a new GP for next Wed. One of his areas of expertise is sports medicine, so my fingers are crossed that he's a good one. He's probably about 5 or so years older than me, so that's also a plus. I am going to try to get him to refer me for an echo. I want to know everything that's going on, because I have no problem going back to just TRT if need be.

I appreciate your input, nothuman. I actually have some ashwagandha and I was taking it religiously, but after I moved about a month ago, I stopped. I know where it is, so I'm going to grab it :D

On a side note, just booked an appointment with a new GP for next Wed. One of his areas of expertise is sports medicine, so my fingers are crossed that he's a good one. He's probably about 5 or so years older than me, so that's also a plus. I am going to try to get him to refer me for an echo. I want to know everything that's going on, because I have no problem going back to just TRT if need be.

It's hopefully not a big deal. Sometimes I notice periods of the day where my heart rate is much higher than when I am most rested. ESPECIALLY if I am on hgh or any anabolics. Do you have a heart murmur or just noticed being agitated where you could tell your heart was racing?

It's hopefully not a big deal. Sometimes I notice periods of the day where my heart rate is much higher than when I am most rested. ESPECIALLY if I am on hgh or any anabolics. Do you have a heart murmur or just noticed being agitated where you could tell your heart was racing?
I honestly don't even notice that it's high most of the time unless I take my pulse. I climbed the stairs faster than normal earlier just to see if it made me feel out of breath, and though I was breathing slightly harder than at rest, I certainly wasn't out of breath at all.

I was getting CVT's on and off for a couple weeks, but I've had these on and off all my life. When I was cruising for about 12 week, my HR during the day was in the upper 70's, which still isn't where it used to be, but a bit lower. Now that I'm on 500mg of test and 300mg of deca (2 weeks in) it's back up again.

Thanks for your input!

What the heck?? Your natty now??

Steroids and weight gain are going to raise heartrate...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

True, but it shouldn't be up around 92 bpm sitting at the computer. That isn't healthy and would indicate some kind of health issue. I hope he orders you the echocardiogram. They aren't cheap so be prepared to shell out some cash but it is worth it. Insurance will keep the cost down because of the negotiated amount. You will know for sure that your heart is ok if that comes back good. I would be totally honest with the doc about your usage, and if he cant take that then youll have to find a new doctor.

If your heart rate is that high most of the day doing nothing, I would either lower your dose considerably or cut down to just HRT dose of test. HRT level being no more than 150 mg/wk. 100 mg really if you can manage that. It would be best to get the echo done though while you are on all the stuff so that it will be done under worst case scenario.

Mine is in the 50’s now after being natural for 5+ months.

Congrats on that. I would guess though that you are on TRT, 100mg/wk or so? If you are totally off everything then that is really great and means your natural test production came back. Can you elaborate?

It would be worth while to ask your treating physician to pull your copper and ceruloplasmin levels. Considering you've been dealing with iron deficiency--without anemia for quite some time. In the face value of it all, ceruloplasmin is vital for proper transport of iron-transferrin. If possible, you could ask if s/he could humble you in pulling a SpectraCell analysis.

Of note, Fe deficiency will definitely increase your heart rate under mild exertion (insufficient O2 uptake) as well is associated with anxiety-panic attacks. Fe is one of several cofactors in the making of neurotransmitters, as well the degradation (inactivation) of them.

Something to consider.

Last edited:

I've had the exact same thing as you, tachycardia (mine was over 100 though) probably caused by anxiety/stress. They put me on Bisoprolol (a bèta-blocker) and I've been fine ever since. No discernible side effects either.

Steroids and weight gain are going to raise heartrate...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Most definitely. Then only difference is, prior to being iron deficient, my HR was in the upper 60's lower 70's when I went to donate blood. I was looking through, and the further my iron went down, the more my HR went up.

True, but it shouldn't be up around 92 bpm sitting at the computer. That isn't healthy and would indicate some kind of health issue. I hope he orders you the echocardiogram. They aren't cheap so be prepared to shell out some cash but it is worth it. Insurance will keep the cost down because of the negotiated amount. You will know for sure that your heart is ok if that comes back good. I would be totally honest with the doc about your usage, and if he cant take that then youll have to find a new doctor.

If your heart rate is that high most of the day doing nothing, I would either lower your dose considerably or cut down to just HRT dose of test. HRT level being no more than 150 mg/wk. 100 mg really if you can manage that. It would be best to get the echo done though while you are on all the stuff so that it will be done under worst case scenario.
Yeah, I'm going to be completely open. I know lots of people claim insurance will drop you, etc, but it's important to let your doc know what's going on to receive the best treatment.

I see him next Wed, so I'm hoping we can at least get a 24 hour holter monitor to start.

It would be worth while to ask your treating physician to pull your copper and ceruloplasmin levels. Considering you've been dealing with iron deficiency--without anemia for quite some time. In the face value of it all, ceruloplasmin is vital for proper transport of iron-transferrin. If possible, you could ask if s/he could humble you in pulling a SpectraCell analysis.

Of note, Fe deficiency will definitely increase your heart rate under mild exertion (insufficient O2 uptake) as well is associated with anxiety-panic attacks. Fe is one of several cofactors in the making of neurotransmitters, as well the degradation (inactivation) of them.

Something to consider.
I'm going to have to write that down!

I did notice a correlation between being iron deficient and HR being elevated. I've also had some series of shortness of breath, but nothing that extreme. Thanks, Stewie!

I've had the exact same thing as you, tachycardia (mine was over 100 though) probably caused by anxiety/stress. They put me on Bisoprolol (a bèta-blocker) and I've been fine ever since. No discernible side effects either.
So they ruled out everything else?

Glad you're doing better!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner