advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To Big A and others in Australia, are you safe from the fire?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been watching on the news about the big fire in Australia. Apparently there are 3 fires that threaten to join up and become one massive blaze. 25 dead now. I worry about Big A and the others on here that live there. I think K1 lives there too? Are your homes and families safe from this?

Nope...I still live in the US (I just head out there every couples years to try and find something to get eaten by lol).

Big A is good where he's at I believe.

That country is definitely taking a beating though!

Ok, that's good to know. They say the fire is 2x the size of the state of Maryland. Crazy stuff. It is a big country though. Im not sure where the fire is at. Maybe Big A lives nowhere near it.

Ok, that's good to know. They say the fire is 2x the size of the state of Maryland. Crazy stuff. It is a big country though. Im not sure where the fire is at. Maybe Big A lives nowhere near it.

Looks to be on their East Coast...So opposite side of where he's at. All looks like small fires are popping up all over the country?!

BBC here says one is 200 miles across.

Good post, Maldorf. I was going to post up, or send a PM to a few to make sure everybody was okay. Glad to hear it's not in area of the big guy, but hopefully nobody else is being effected from here? My condolences go out to everybody in Australia, this thing is a massive mess! Living out here in Cali, we're familiar with these fires, though this Australia one seems to be on another level:(

Thoughts and prayers for everybody involved, whether a member or not!

G Living out here in Cali, we're familiar with these fires, though this Australia one seems to be on another level:(

Thoughts and prayers for everybody involved, whether a member or not!
Today I think they said the US has about 200 fire fighters over there now trying to help out. It is worse than California's fires in the past. Hard to believe the scope. In that satellite photo it looks small, but the scale is hard to get right.

It probably looks small because Oz is a huge country, and piece of land.

In a article I read earlier today, 24 have been arrested so far for starting bushfires. Starting to sound like ecological terrorism if you think about it.

Oops meant environmental terrorism

It definitely isn't environmental terrorism 69. Dry lightning strikes, idiots using welders or grinders inappropriately on fire ban days and dickheads that like fire starting them for fun.

Had two friends almost loose their houses in the Cuddle Creek fires in South Australia. Can't even contact a friend in rural Victoria, just hope the best for him. Hard to relax with mates out fighting the fires.

The burnt area is about 3 times the size of any fire in USA history and dwarfs what the world was in uproar about in Brazilian rainforest. Australia's size makes it seam like a small part of Australia, but it's some of our most greenest parts of the country and most productive farming land. Drought was already making animal feed prices around Australia high, this is going to make them unaffordable.

Farming, small business, sports club, tourism is all taking a hit from the fires. With months of fire season to go, Australia will never be the same.

The kangaroo Island fires have done damage to a ecosystem that was so special. A protected pocket of wildlife from the mainland, all but lost.

It definitely isn't environmental terrorism 69. Dry lightning strikes, idiots using welders or grinders inappropriately on fire ban days and dickheads that like fire starting them for fun.

Had two friends almost loose their houses in the Cuddle Creek fires in South Australia. Can't even contact a friend in rural Victoria, just hope the best for him. Hard to relax with mates out fighting the fires.

The burnt area is about 3 times the size of any fire in USA history and dwarfs what the world was in uproar about in Brazilian rainforest. Australia's size makes it seam like a small part of Australia, but it's some of our most greenest parts of the country and most productive farming land. Drought was already making animal feed prices around Australia high, this is going to make them unaffordable.

Farming, small business, sports club, tourism is all taking a hit from the fires. With months of fire season to go, Australia will never be the same.

The kangaroo Island fires have done damage to a ecosystem that was so special. A protected pocket of wildlife from the mainland, all but lost.
Saw a video today of a man moving koala bears to safety. This damage is going to be felt for a long time. I wonder why it is so bad this year? Just bad luck and people being idiots?

My YouTube recommendations are full of thirsty koalas

Saw a video today of a man moving koala bears to safety. This damage is going to be felt for a long time. I wonder why it is so bad this year? Just bad luck and people being idiots?

We had good years of rain build up the vegetation and then drought dry it out. Population growth into rural areas. Extreme weather conditions. It all factors in.

At least the loss of life is lower than our 2009 black Saturday fires, where 180 people died in a half million hectare bushfire. Were up over 4 million hectares Australia wide so far this fire season, so focus is on saving lives has made huge difference.

Extreme weather events caused by global warming. This wont be the first,

I live about 40mins away from the centre of Sydney, we have had to buy our warehouse staff breathing masks as the smoke has been that bad on about 7-10 days (we are not close to the fires but the smoke just travels)

Our wildlife has just been hammered. Our PM is a useless cunt who was warned about this bushfire season 8 months ago but did sweet fuck all. He was on the news boasting about ordering (from northern hemisphere) another 4 water bombing planes when they should have been sitting on the ground ready to go into action when needed. I dont think he will last when the dust settles.

Been watching on the news about the big fire in Australia. Apparently there are 3 fires that threaten to join up and become one massive blaze. 25 dead now. I worry about Big A and the others on here that live there. I think K1 lives there too? Are your homes and families safe from this?

I know someone that has got family there, told me that his people had to retreat to a beach area to stay safe

Extreme weather events caused by global warming. This wont be the first,

I live about 40mins away from the centre of Sydney, we have had to buy our warehouse staff breathing masks as the smoke has been that bad on about 7-10 days (we are not close to the fires but the smoke just travels)

Our wildlife has just been hammered. Our PM is a useless cunt who was warned about this bushfire season 8 months ago but did sweet fuck all. He was on the news boasting about ordering (from northern hemisphere) another 4 water bombing planes when they should have been sitting on the ground ready to go into action when needed. I dont think he will last when the dust settles.
I pray nobody else dies. Your Prime Minister sounds like he may have some explaining to do? One of the videos I was watching showed all the smoke in Sydney. That is pretty bad. Id have to stay indoors most of the day since I have heart failure and asthma! I bet there are a good number of people in the hospital now that normally would have been ok.

I'm all good. Thanks for caring. Apart from the air quality, the main cities are fine.

To put things in perspective:

20200107_173139.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner