mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if hospitals in the epicenter were actually "overcrowded" the governor, president, director, would find a way to put that ship to use. 3 patients says alot about reality vs what get passed around on facebook. who was it that said "don't believe everything you read on the internet?"

i don’t believe anything anymore. I let everyone else get sucked in

i don’t believe anything anymore. I let everyone else get sucked in

It looks like the company story is starting to unravel, hopefully enough people around the world will start to wake up and not blindly follow the leader.

A philosophical question...

If people should not have the right to travel during this time, why do people have a right to all these "death" totals given out? During a true crisis wouldn't a intelligent government want to suppress these numbers (like china did allegedly) rather than to inflate them and promote more fear among those who are already afraid?

Makes you wonder about about their goals. Take away the emotion and use logic, it makes no sense for them to purposefully drive up fear like they are doing. The logical approach would be the one china took, if they think its a real threat, then suppress fear to make themselves look better. Either our government is good actors, or really really stupid and in a civil-war.

NYC is losing enough people that it is making an impact on hospitals. I think the state of NY just lost 562 people yesterday.NYC they say has been about 1/2 of that each day. So over 250 dead each day in the city. If they are all doing what my uncle said, keeping bodies in refrigerator for 4 days, you can see how the bodies pile up fast.

Of course. My reply was to the person who posted the video showing people going around hospitals (including in NY) and them all being empty in the reception and outside. Even if there were 100 people dying from the virus inside that hospital they wouldn't be seen from the outside or in the reception nor would any of their relatives be waiting for them. So my reply was more to people stating this is all fake and people aren't dying and the media is lying about all the cases/numbers. We all know the media lies for whatever reason but some people genuinely believe the hospitals are lying as well in some big government plot. I don't know details as I have never been to NYC but on Google it states there are 11 hospitals in the city. I am sure there are only a few main ones but I figured 100 deaths per day in a NY hospital is far from a conservative number. Even if that number was much higher you still wouldn't have people running around outside or in the reception in a panic.

Taking videos of random hospitals across the US is also pointless as well because as I posted statistically the number of deaths in the US is still very low (compared to population). The number/percentage of infected who end up in hospital is fairly low and there are only 247,792 active cases (obviously the real number is higher). But my point is even if you take a very high 20% of the total active infected you get 49,558 in hospital. If you put all of them in multiple hospitals around the USA is doesn't lead to mass panic and hundreds of people outside hospitals. So you may have missed my point as I 100% believe some intensive care (and other) departments in multiple hospitals are in a panic right now because many people are dying. But even if that is the case it wouldn't translate to every main hospital being full of people panicking all over the reception or outside the grounds. We all know the media exaggerate and the reasons for that are extremely interesting but it still doesn't mean that this virus still isn't killing many people.

I do agree with others the panic created by this is ridiculous but most level headed people are usually somewhere in the middle and realize this is dangerous and we must be sensible/careful but at the same time the world/economy needs to keep moving.

Of course. My reply was to the person who posted the video showing people going around hospitals (including in NY) and them all being empty in the reception and outside. Even if there were 100 people dying from the virus inside that hospital they wouldn't be seen from the outside or in the reception nor would any of their relatives be waiting for them. So my reply was more to people stating this is all fake and people aren't dying and the media is lying about all the cases/numbers. We all know the media lies for whatever reason but some people genuinely believe the hospitals are lying as well in some big government plot. I don't know details as I have never been to NYC but on Google it states there are 11 hospitals in the city. I am sure there are only a few main ones but I figured 100 deaths per day in a NY hospital is far from a conservative number. Even if that number was much higher you still wouldn't have people running around outside or in the reception in a panic.

Taking videos of random hospitals across the US is also pointless as well because as I posted statistically the number of deaths in the US is still very low (compared to population). The number/percentage of infected who end up in hospital is fairly low and there are only 247,792 active cases (obviously the real number is higher). But my point is even if you take a very high 20% of the total active infected you get 49,558 in hospital. If you put all of them in multiple hospitals around the USA is doesn't lead to mass panic and hundreds of people outside hospitals. So you may have missed my point as I 100% believe some intensive care (and other) departments in multiple hospitals are in a panic right now because many people are dying. But even if that is the case it wouldn't translate to every main hospital being full of people panicking all over the reception or outside the grounds. We all know the media exaggerate and the reasons for that are extremely interesting but it still doesn't mean that this virus still isn't killing many people.

I do agree with others the panic created by this is ridiculous but most level headed people are usually somewhere in the middle and realize this is dangerous and we must be sensible/careful but at the same time the world/economy needs to keep moving.
Ic what you were saying now. Hospitals in the suburbs and rural areas wont be so busy now and shouldn't run out of beds. My state is not projected to run out of beds, that's a whole state. Some of the large city hospitals might run out and need to send patients to other places. NY state is projected to run out of beds without help. The situation is going to be drastically different when comparing one region to another.

I've got a buddy that lives in Ankorage, and I could film the ER there that's probably not much more busy than normal.

No more Corona beer for awhile, they are stopping production! The virus is picking up in Mexico.

230,934 Recovered.

New recent information, yeah right.

"Because of some recent information that the virus can actually be spread even when people just speak as opposed to coughing and sneezing – the better part of valor is that when you’re out, when you can’t maintain that 6-foot distance, to wear some sort of facial covering,” task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci said while appearing on "Fox & Friends" on Friday."

Ic what you were saying now. Hospitals in the suburbs and rural areas wont be so busy now and shouldn't run out of beds. My state is not projected to run out of beds, that's a whole state. Some of the large city hospitals might run out and need to send patients to other places. NY state is projected to run out of beds without help. The situation is going to be drastically different when comparing one region to another.

I've got a buddy that lives in Ankorage, and I could film the ER there that's probably not much more busy than normal.
I had to cancel a doc appt before right before all this really ramped up. It was at a hospital in a Chicago suburb. I didn't try to reschedule figuring they would be busy. Last week THEY called me to make an appt. I told them I thought they'd be too busy since my appt was in the Coronary/Pulmonary unit. They said not at all. I went to my appt Tuesday, they have all their safeguards in place, I got asked the current health questions in the lobby, then when I got off the elevator, and again at the suite my appt was in. The doc told me that 90% of the appts were cancelled by the patients as they were too worried to come into the hospital. While I was there I saw ONE person that wasn't a hospital employee. I was the only patient in the Coronary/Pulmonary unit.

I had to cancel a doc appt before right before all this really ramped up. It was at a hospital in a Chicago suburb. I didn't try to reschedule figuring they would be busy. Last week THEY called me to make an appt. I told them I thought they'd be too busy since my appt was in the Coronary/Pulmonary unit. They said not at all. I went to my appt Tuesday, they have all their safeguards in place, I got asked the current health questions in the lobby, then when I got off the elevator, and again at the suite my appt was in. The doc told me that 90% of the appts were cancelled by the patients as they were too worried to come into the hospital. While I was there I saw ONE person that wasn't a hospital employee. I was the only patient in the Coronary/Pulmonary unit.
My cardiologist stopped seeing patients unless there is a health problem. He was going to try to do video conferencing over Zoom but since the average age is probably 70 years old they gave up. The nurse said the appointments would last 15 minutes but theyd end up spending 1 hour on each one! Theyd have to somehow instruct the patients how to set it all up and use it. It was a disaster!

I was supposed to have one this Monday but it was cancelled. Im ok with it. Heck, saved me about $300 to $400!

My cardiologist stopped seeing patients unless there is a health problem. He was going to try to do video conferencing over Zoom but since the average age is probably 70 years old they gave up. The nurse said the appointments would last 15 minutes but theyd end up spending 1 hour on each one! Theyd have to somehow instruct the patients how to set it all up and use it. It was a disaster!

I was supposed to have one this Monday but it was cancelled. Im ok with it. Heck, saved me about $300 to $400!
I'm lucky that things are still that way here. But I'm just outside Chicago so that can change quickly. I only needed a CPAP appt so my insurance will keep covering supplies. I wasn't worried about getting them. There are bigger priorities right now.

I hope he is trolling, he could become the most hated man in history if he keeps at this pace. he should probably just stop talking
I know he is smart and good at making money, but why are people listening to him about this or anything other than business stuff and computers? Since when did being rich make you an expert on anything other than what field you became rich in? and specifically on how to handle a global pandemic? Just another over blown ego and someone infatuated with his own inflated sense of self importance. I know he gives away money but he doesn’t give away enough for it to actually hurt, it is not sacrificial and he gets plenty of press over how “good” he is. Reminds me of athletes and musicians, etc giving their opinion on things, which is fine, most people do, but they actually think there’s counts more because they are famous.

It is coming in the future, I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator45
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner