over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid Recovery

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
I know this is the more hardcore thread but it’s where all the best posters are as well. So please indulge me:

Got Covid for about 8 days in total , day 2 now on my feet. Felt amazing yesterday then did hour fasted cardio, evening was 2 hours of ches with heavy weights, worked with 2 times as much as I expected. Post workout shake then clean dinner. Up at 230 am shitting regular shit but lots of mucus. Then cough kicked in and couldn’t sleep. Resting today, COVID is 100% over just wondering if and what you guys who’ve had it did to speed the return to normal especially the lungs/mucus/cough. I added a 3rd Animal pak to my vitamins and drink tons of water. Probiotics? I take 3,grams of C a day. Any ideas are appreciated.

I’m a big fan of athletic greens personally. Outside of that a meyers cocktail (IV) when needed and thankfully I’ve been able to get through everything with ease.

I know this is the more hardcore thread but it’s where all the best posters are as well. So please indulge me:

Got Covid for about 8 days in total , day 2 now on my feet. Felt amazing yesterday then did hour fasted cardio, evening was 2 hours of ches with heavy weights, worked with 2 times as much as I expected. Post workout shake then clean dinner. Up at 230 am shitting regular shit but lots of mucus. Then cough kicked in and couldn’t sleep. Resting today, COVID is 100% over just wondering if and what you guys who’ve had it did to speed the return to normal especially the lungs/mucus/cough. I added a 3rd Animal pak to my vitamins and drink tons of water. Probiotics? I take 3,grams of C a day. Any ideas are appreciated.
It’s so hard as bodybuilders to hear and do this, but training while sick or with COVID is so counterproductive. Andrew Berry did a great podcast on his BSG show discussing the topic. Some cardio is fine, but weights I would avoid.

I’d throw in some good cod liver oil for retinol and vitamin d, beef liver capsules and nattokinase/serrapeptase blend on top of what you’re doing. And keep hydrated and flushing water.

Greens as well as @Performance Based suggested. It’s the last thing we as bodybuilders think about.

Every time I get sick....cold...flu....tons of sleep and vitamin c, natural from fruit, I'm usually good as new. I may skip a workout but not cardio, elliptical or treadmill, I feel the movement and circulation help.

Anytime I get sick (including covid) I drink matcha green tea mixed with orange juice (get some good orange juice not bullshit). This has worked great for me every time I've done it.

Rest and slowly get back into the weights. When I had it even when i started feeling normal I cutback on my volume just where so many people seem to have a relapse of feeling like crap, plus my endurance seemed to take a while to return.

if you are not in contest prep or on some other tight deadline then what would be the benefit of going to the gym while your body is trying to fight off a cold or infection??
do you think your gonna waste away or gain a ton of fat by taking a week off??

all you are doing is reducing the possibility of making gains as your body is fighting for something else and increasing the time it takes to recover from the illness because your stressing the body with the gym.

if you are not in contest prep or on some other tight deadline then what would be the benefit of going to the gym while your body is trying to fight off a cold or infection??
do you think your gonna waste away or gain a ton of fat by taking a week off??

all you are doing is reducing the possibility of making gains as your body is fighting for something else and increasing the time it takes to recover from the illness because your stressing the body with the gym.
I agree but imo going in and doing stretches and cardio feels good, helps heal. When I get a cold staying home makes me feel worse lol

Every time I get sick....cold...flu....tons of sleep and vitamin c, natural from fruit, I'm usually good as new. I may skip a workout but not cardio, elliptical or treadmill, I feel the movement and circulation help.
Yea I’m over it now but the cardio is helping pull all the shit out of my lungs and yes I’m on a schedule I had intended of starting a prep on 1 Sept and slipped to 6 Sept so 5 days isn’t a ton but setting the tone at the start of prep is always big for me.

I’m a big fan of athletic greens personally. Outside of that a meyers cocktail (IV) when needed and thankfully I’ve been able to get through everything with ease.
So I hear Rogan push AG1 but figured paid sponsor, you really dig them? You feel a difference?

Yea I’m over it now but the cardio is helping pull all the shit out of my lungs and yes I’m on a schedule I had intended of starting a prep on 1 Sept and slipped to 6 Sept so 5 days isn’t a ton but setting the tone at the start of prep is always big for me.
Do you have a coach ?

I cant really answer that but i dont see how doing chest for 2 hours can do anyone good
If I remember correctly Berry said 2 days after you feel better. I feel like that’s a good rule for weights, but would still keep cardio in.

Even if the prep is pushed back a week it’s better than beating your body down further and all that comes with a compromised immune system IMO.

I hate off days so it’s a tough rule for any bodybuilder to follow. LOL

So I hear Rogan push AG1 but figured paid sponsor, you really dig them? You feel a difference?
I've been drinking them honestly since 2015 - havent gone more than a few days at most without one. I honestly cannot imagine life without them.

I took double dose of zinc along with tylenol (mostly for headache and body ache) as well as the Hydroxychloraquine. I had a friend that had it and gave it to me. All I can speak on is my own experience. But I have had covid twice and the first time lasted 5 days total with 2 of them being uncomfortable and the final 3 just being positive tested but feeling great. The second time I got it I felt like I had allergies and it was gone within 3 days.
Those are my own personal experiences though. And not that I think it made a difference, but I also made my own orange juice each morning and drank 2 full glasses to start the day. Before bed I drank a 32ounce gatorade to help with dehydration while I slept as well. And through the day I forced myself to drink at least one small bottle of water (8oz) every single hour of the day that I was awake. I suck at drinking enough fluids so for me that was actually something I had to pay attention to.

This is in vitro, but....

Molecules. 2022 Aug 24;27(17):5405.
doi: 10.3390/molecules27175405.

Degradative Effect of Nattokinase on Spike Protein of SARS-CoV-2​

Takashi Tanikawa 1, Yuka Kiba 2, James Yu 3, Kate Hsu 3, Shinder Chen 3, Ayako Ishii 4, Takami Yokogawa 2, Ryuichiro Suzuki 5, Yutaka Inoue 1, Masashi Kitamura 2

Abstract​

The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), emerged as a pandemic and has inflicted enormous damage on the lives of the people and economy of many countries worldwide. However, therapeutic agents against SARS-CoV-2 remain unclear. SARS-CoV-2 has a spike protein (S protein), and cleavage of the S protein is essential for viral entry. Nattokinase is produced by Bacillus subtilis var. natto and is beneficial to human health. In this study, we examined the effect of nattokinase on the S protein of SARS-CoV-2. When cell lysates transfected with S protein were incubated with nattokinase, the S protein was degraded in a dose- and time-dependent manner. Immunofluorescence analysis showed that S protein on the cell surface was degraded when nattokinase was added to the culture medium. Thus, our findings suggest that nattokinase exhibits potential for the inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 infection via S protein degradation.

I've been drinking them honestly since 2015 - havent gone more than a few days at most without one. I honestly cannot imagine life without them.
Wow I might give it a try then. Thanks

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity