over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid Recovery

NAC
Quercetin

Double up

Yeah, NAC is for mucus and supposedly can have other beneficial effects during covid.

Quercetin is the "zink ionophore" which supposedly helps zink get into cells. One of the few treatments that can shorten flu duration is zink (examine.com). A megadose of zink at the first sign of symptoms, like 100mg of elemental zink.

From quick google:

"It is also unclear if there are any benefits from supplementing with zinc for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2. There is limited indirect evidence from viral upper respiratory infections that zinc lozenges with a daily dose of >75 mg of zinc may shorten the duration of the common cold. However, there are risks with higher doses above the NOAEL including permanent loss of smell [28]. Therefore, a daily dose higher than 100 mg of elemental zinc in a lozenge is probably not advisable, as it is questionable whether there are any additional therapeutic effects [61]."

I'm one of the unfortunate ones who ended up on a ventilator.

I had the delta variant pretty bad..my wife had it at the same time..

I was ok, I never had anything go to my chest, but it whipped my wife’s ass.

The difference? She did bed rest..I stayed on the assault bike..I probably rode it 20 minutes for every hour I was awake..I just wanted to keep my lungs clear..I broke up bronkaids and took a half every 4 hours..I was fine in like 5 days..she was sick as shit for like 3 weeks.

I know this doesn’t help you but if you get it again try it out

I took a lot of NAC too..pills the first couple of days, then injectable

Yeah, NAC is for mucus and supposedly can have other beneficial effects during covid.

Quercetin is the "zink ionophore" which supposedly helps zink get into cells. One of the few treatments that can shorten flu duration is zink (examine.com). A megadose of zink at the first sign of symptoms, like 100mg of elemental zink.

From quick google:

"It is also unclear if there are any benefits from supplementing with zinc for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2. There is limited indirect evidence from viral upper respiratory infections that zinc lozenges with a daily dose of >75 mg of zinc may shorten the duration of the common cold. However, there are risks with higher doses above the NOAEL including permanent loss of smell [28]. Therefore, a daily dose higher than 100 mg of elemental zinc in a lozenge is probably not advisable, as it is questionable whether there are any additional therapeutic effects [61]."

I'm one of the unfortunate ones who ended up on a ventilator.
Glad you made it through yea I’m gonna blast the NAC. I’m having insane workouts and feel great all day then cough up mucus like chewed gum from around 3am on to the point I have to just wake up. I did rest for 2 solid days but I just can’t rest anymore it’s a real head fuck.

This Meta-Analysis was just released. It is also discussed on Examine dot com as well. BTW....I take NAC every day when I have it, so i'm actually pro-NAC.

Abstract​

Background:​

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) may reduce acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease through an antioxidant effect. Due to the heterogeneity in studies, the currently available data do not confirm the efficacy of oral NAC therapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. We hypothesize that chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients receiving regular oral NAC therapy do not achieve improved clinical outcomes.

Objectives:​

The purpose of this meta-analysis was to determine the efficacy of long-term oral NAC therapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.

Data sources and methods:​

The literature search was performed using the PubMed, Web of Science, and Cochrane Library databases to identify all included clinical studies. Studies were eligible for inclusion only if they directly compared the outcomes of NAC versus placebo in adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease between 1 January 2000 and 30 May 2022. All studies were included if they reported one or more of the following outcomes: number of patients with no acute exacerbations, forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV1), forced vital capacity (FVC), St George’s Respiratory Questionnaire score, glutathione level, and adverse events.

Results:​

Nine randomized controlled trials were included in the meta-analysis. There were 1061 patients in the NAC group and 1076 patients in the placebo group. The current meta-analysis provides evidence that the number of patients with no acute exacerbations (965 patients receiving NAC therapy, 979 control group patients), change in FEV1 (433 patients receiving NAC therapy, 447 control group patients), change in FVC (177 patients receiving NAC therapy, 180 control group patients), change in St George’s Respiratory Questionnaire score (128 patients receiving NAC therapy, 131 control group patients), change in glutathione levels (38 patients receiving NAC therapy, 40 control group patients), and adverse events (832 patients receiving NAC therapy, 846 control group patients) were not significantly different between the two groups.

Conclusion:​

NAC did not reduce the risk of acute exacerbation or ameliorate the decline in lung volume in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.

I tried iv glutathione at the peak of it,250mg but for some reason it caused my fever to spike from 101 to 105.4f and it only lasted for like 25 minutes. It was bizarre, I was shivering so hard it was hard to breath and I had to focus on breathing and couldn’t talk to my gf who was freaking out begging me to get in the shower lol. And I’m like “ hold on… rapid deep breaths… one.. second… more breathing”

So needless to say I switched to 1800mg NAC twice daily instead lol. Liposomal c.

I should know this better, but I also think androgens make it worse. Men on trt or more, jabbed or not do worse.

This Meta-Analysis was just released. It is also discussed on Examine dot com as well. BTW....I take NAC every day when I have it, so i'm actually pro-NAC.

Abstract​

Background:​

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) may reduce acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease through an antioxidant effect. Due to the heterogeneity in studies, the currently available data do not confirm the efficacy of oral NAC therapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. We hypothesize that chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients receiving regular oral NAC therapy do not achieve improved clinical outcomes.

Objectives:​

The purpose of this meta-analysis was to determine the efficacy of long-term oral NAC therapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.

Data sources and methods:​

The literature search was performed using the PubMed, Web of Science, and Cochrane Library databases to identify all included clinical studies. Studies were eligible for inclusion only if they directly compared the outcomes of NAC versus placebo in adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease between 1 January 2000 and 30 May 2022. All studies were included if they reported one or more of the following outcomes: number of patients with no acute exacerbations, forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV1), forced vital capacity (FVC), St George’s Respiratory Questionnaire score, glutathione level, and adverse events.

Results:​

Nine randomized controlled trials were included in the meta-analysis. There were 1061 patients in the NAC group and 1076 patients in the placebo group. The current meta-analysis provides evidence that the number of patients with no acute exacerbations (965 patients receiving NAC therapy, 979 control group patients), change in FEV1 (433 patients receiving NAC therapy, 447 control group patients), change in FVC (177 patients receiving NAC therapy, 180 control group patients), change in St George’s Respiratory Questionnaire score (128 patients receiving NAC therapy, 131 control group patients), change in glutathione levels (38 patients receiving NAC therapy, 40 control group patients), and adverse events (832 patients receiving NAC therapy, 846 control group patients) were not significantly different between the two groups.

Conclusion:​

NAC did not reduce the risk of acute exacerbation or ameliorate the decline in lung volume in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.

So several people said NAC, THANK YOU, I got mine Thursday dbl-Ed the 3 x day dose and have been training pretty damn hard and cough free since Friday, Thursday night I did take mucinex too so i slept but felt like shit all AM. My wife didn’t take NAC, she’s pregnant and trippy, she’s still got a cough though so the NAC helped gonna take it til it runs out maybe stay on not sure if it’s a year round supp haven’t gotten that far yet

Cheers

Just got Covid myself again, 2nd time.

Doesn’t feel as bad as the first time but a lot of mental fog, head congestion, fatigue, etc.

Seems like it’s going around again.

Today's my first day back in the gym after covid. 7 days of it. I'm struggling too. Just weak and tired. Figure I will ease into it this week. Go light and get some blood going.

I just got over covid as I had it about a month ago. It’s my 3rd or 4th time?? I only took tests previously bc a family member or someone I was around had it. This time was different. I was very sick for a good couple weeks. Then after I was feeling better I tried training and I was always wiped out the next day. This past time my one year old had covid as well and ended up in the ICU for some days on oxygen/ helium mix. No idea why but this past time was way worse for all of us.

COVID wiped my ass out when I got it in 2021. Although I trained the entire time. I had a full set of kettlebells up to 100lbs and a pull-up bar and bands. I’d lay in bed all day, until around 6pm and go train. Sometimes I’d have to take 5 minute rest in between sets to catch my breath
But I swear training through it and moving versus just laying around made me recover quicker

But even still, I ended up with long Covid symptoms, and for months after I would be so tired I’d sneak out of work to pass out in my car for a nap. But keeping diet clean, vitamins, and moving/training helped me recover

I perpetually had it, even testing negative with shots, I kept getting it from working with kids. I would sleep 15 hours wake up all stimms I could handle and them still struggle to stay awake while driving. I hardly get sick from from it besides two days of coughs and headaches I sleep through? However the fatigue is ridiculous for me. I guess my point is take two weeks off if you can

Just got Covid myself again, 2nd time.

Doesn’t feel as bad as the first time but a lot of mental fog, head congestion, fatigue, etc.

Seems like it’s going around again.
Got out of the fever of it 21 days ago. It wasn’t that bad but yesterday was the first day I wasn’t hacking up pheghm and just worn out mostly. I got on NAC late but it seemed to help. Oddly no cough til fever broke then it got terrible

Got out of the fever of it 21 days ago. It wasn’t that bad but yesterday was the first day I wasn’t hacking up pheghm and just worn out mostly. I got on NAC late but it seemed to help. Oddly no cough til fever broke then it got terrible
No fever, no coughing for me.

Just the mental fog, bad headache, congestion, also lost taste and smell again.

Also up your vitamin D I guarantee if you test it now it’s low.
Just didn’t another vitamin d blood test, and originally last year, I started supplementing and had a 35, I was taking 5000iu, so bumped it up to 10,000iu daily, and rechecked but only got a 31.

I take it every single day and never miss days, but had an issue 3 weeks earlier where I ordered more on Amazon, but my order got canceled without me realizing, so I ran Out for like 15-20 days. So although I started the 10,000iu again right before the test, it’s possible my levels were not as high as expected because I ran out.

Hopefully the anecdote is useful for somebody.

I always take 1200mg nac a day. Should I double it for a while?

No fever, no coughing for me.

Just the mental fog, bad headache, congestion, also lost taste and smell again.
God I feel for you I can’t imagine losing taste or smell let alone both. I bet it’s really hard to eat at all.

I always take 1200mg nac a day. Should I double it for a while?
I haven’t tried testing my glutathione levels from nac, but anecdotally I’ve heard it works better taking it between meals on as of an empty stomach as possible.

I personally do 1800 mg once or sometimes twice per day if I’m taking orals like I am Right now. 50mg wisntrol
Per day.

I know this is the more hardcore thread but it’s where all the best posters are as well. So please indulge me:

Got Covid for about 8 days in total , day 2 now on my feet. Felt amazing yesterday then did hour fasted cardio, evening was 2 hours of ches with heavy weights, worked with 2 times as much as I expected. Post workout shake then clean dinner. Up at 230 am shitting regular shit but lots of mucus. Then cough kicked in and couldn’t sleep. Resting today, COVID is 100% over just wondering if and what you guys who’ve had it did to speed the return to normal especially the lungs/mucus/cough. I added a 3rd Animal pak to my vitamins and drink tons of water. Probiotics? I take 3,grams of C a day. Any ideas are appreciated.
More than likely you developed a secondary respiratory infection. This happened to me in 2021 when I contracted Covid. Five days of a cold then another 5-7 days of respiratory infection feeling like shit for 2-3 of those days. Doctor said he saw a lot of secondary respiratory infections after Covid infection.

The mucus production was unreal and lasted for almost a month.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131