over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wait patiently or smash them?

bigdog123

Banned
When you go into the gym and have to wait for ten mins as some 140 maggot is on the chest press doing ten sets and on Facebook between every set. It's so annoying. Had this recently and the guy said he had 7 sets left so I stamped on his iphone.

What do you do?

Wait patiently and then when they are done jump in?

Smash them up for their lack of awareness of others?

Ask to jump in and treble the weight each time you do your set?

As annoying as a lack of gym etiquette is, everyone is paying to be there. Your strength, bodyweight, and measurements don't make you any more important than anyone else. And if you broke someone's phone you're an asshole. If someone broke my phone, they'd get my fist in the mouth regardless of the size of their arms or how much they bench press.

As annoying as a lack of gym etiquette is, everyone is paying to be there. Your strength, bodyweight, and measurements don't make you any more important than anyone else. And if you broke someone's phone you're an asshole. If someone broke my phone, they'd get my fist in the mouth regardless of the size of their arms or how much they bench press.
Gotta agree here. The fucking phones and facebook and shit between sets is annoying as all hell...but what can you do, really? Get arrested or have to buy someone a new phone because you had to wait? Nah, I'm good, I'll find something else to do.

If you can't figure out a similar exercise with a different piece of equipment to do in place on the fly then maybe you should get yourself a trainer. Damaging someone else's items because you are mad is fucking ridiculous. I hope you are kidding.

If you seriously broke someone's phone over something like that, you're the maggot who shouldn't be allowed in the gym.

An advanced bodybuilder should always have multiple ways to get the stimulus they need - presses on bench / Smith / Hammer Strength; fly on cable-pulley / pec deck / Free Motion; etc. If you can't do exactly what you want that day look at it as challenging yourself with something different. The equipment isn't going anywhere, you can do what you planned on next week.

IMO, you crossed the line if indeed you smashed his phone. As the others stated, find something else to do. Consider yourself lucky if nothing bad happened, in fact to CYO, apologize, offer to make it right. ASAP. Gyms have camera coverage and who knows if LE was contacted. Ive seen some bad shit happen in the gyms 80s era, but we live in a diff world now bro. Adjust.

When you go into the gym and have to wait for ten mins as some 140 maggot is on the chest press doing ten sets and on Facebook between every set. It's so annoying. Had this recently and the guy said he had 7 sets left so I stamped on his iphone.

What do you do?

Wait patiently and then when they are done jump in?

Smash them up for their lack of awareness of others?

Ask to jump in and treble the weight each time you do your set?

As many have said on here, yes it’s annoying to have to deal with that, we all agree there. But to get physical about it says a lot about you...

You may feel you can get away with that because you’ve never met someone or done that to someone who can put you in your place, no matter how big you are (think you are) aside... YET...

I know a couple 140-150lb BJJ black belts that would smash you 100x out of 100 if you did that to them. Doesn’t matter if you’re 300lbs of muscle.. They’d make you shit your pants, beg for mercy and call them “daddy” before they let go. And hopefully they’re feeling nice and won’t completely rip your arm out of its socket or give you a heal hook so bad you’ll never be able to lift weight or walk right again for the rest of your life..

You sir, need to be humbled...

I rest several minutes between sets to recover. Whether I use my phone of jerk off, who gives a shit! I’m going to rest the same amount of time regardless. If I see anyone standing near me I always ask if they want to work in, but with the strict gym Covid rules that isn’t allowed.

I rest several minutes between sets to recover. Whether I use my phone of jerk off, who gives a shit! I’m going to rest the same amount of time regardless. If I see anyone standing near me I always ask if they want to work in, but with the strict gym Covid rules that isn’t allowed.
True, wasn't thinking about that honestly. Just because some guys like to move fast or their training calls for it, doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't know what to tell you. I only smash my own stuff. Personally, the consequences are something that I have been contemplating, after smashing all my laptops while being seriously taunted in a grandiose fashion.

After punishing myself, I've adapted on a whole new level, and I will no longer respond in such a manner in that sort of situation. None the less, on another level, it was totally worth it. In the future, I wanna be a crazy exec who smashes his tool everyday, if not just for that exentric elitist therapy. It's smashing good time. That's right, load up the system image every morning into new one.

Unfortunately, right now, I use this forum as a form of therapeutic release, apologies for the frequent snarky remarks.

This is the most overly dramatic tough guy post I've read in a long time.

I have a feeling you are NOT a 250lb lean BBer, so you probably looked extra douchey crushing some guys phone because he had some sets left lol
I agree with this right here and think this post did not go the way the OP intended........lol

bigdog you gotta go easier than that brother! Life isn't so bad dude you can't fight every jackass you come across, the world is full of them!

Better than him sitting at home, isn't it? Young men NEED to be more active. At least he's doing something half productive. Is it annoying? Sure, many, if not most people piss me off. I don't care if you're training for the Olympia, you're no more important than anyone else in the gym. Would've laughed my ass off if he whooped your ass. My best friend through high-school was (is) an international taekwondo champion. He was about 5'9, 160, honestly didn't look like much and was actually pretty lazy and social in the gym. Crush his iPhone if you want...never let anyone's size fool you. He actually wasn't even gym strong at all, but I bet he could hit you in the chest hard enough to stop your heart. Calm your tits and stop making big guys look like a bunch of roid raging assholes.

I have a situation on my gym where we have one smith machine. I am training to failure on most lifts so that smith is gold to me since I don't have a spotter. There are 2 women who fight over the machine every day, and they literally do their entire workout on it. Yesterday one of them did deadlifts, one arm overhead press, upside down leg presses, some type of bent row and then...I kid you not....CRUNCHES. Yep, she laid on a bench, unracked the bar and held it at arms length (like the starting position for a bench press) and began doing crunches. They are both older women so I cannot smash them. Instead, I always pivot, and come up with a new plan. But, it is very frustrating because I really want to get on that smith and so far I have been shut out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
doth25
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131