over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jordan Peters to TRT

I told him this was a great move. Every ten pounds lighter will save him literally years in the long run. He is a smart guy and clearly knows you can only throw the dice so long without crapping out.

Does anyone notice that everyone talks about the same thing over and over again.
I’m not saying this in a mean way. I was at work and pulled up YouTube and the home page was like rx, Fuad, more plates, Greg d. It’s the same discussions all the time I feel like a real meathead I’m listening to everyone talk about the same thing. It’s my fault I listen to it. It just seems like no one thinks outside the box.
I went back and watch an old rich piana video and I was cringing listening to him but I mean he did his own thing and had his own personality. The whole bodybuilding community today was talking about this dude dropping his dosages. I was like man he just doesn’t want to die good for him in a good positive way and that was it.

Does anyone notice that everyone talks about the same thing over and over again.
I’m not saying this in a mean way. I was at work and pulled up YouTube and the home page was like rx, Fuad, more plates, Greg d. It’s the same discussions all the time I feel like a real meathead I’m listening to everyone talk about the same thing. It’s my fault I listen to it. It just seems like no one thinks outside the box.
I went back and watch an old rich piana video and I was cringing listening to him but I mean he did his own thing and had his own personality. The whole bodybuilding community today was talking about this dude dropping his dosages. I was like man he just doesn’t want to die good for him in a good positive way and that was it.
I think it could be a very good thing that a high profile bodybuilder is doing this. Maybe some others will follow in his footsteps?

good on him for doing this. I can almost guarantee you he will go through a serious mental battle (even depression) once he starts losing size, strength, and hardness. Hopefully he sees it through, for the sake of his health and longevity.

So this is exactly my point, TRT doses AREN'T really individual, people often say they are, but there are usually other mitigating factors that cause it to be so. No one metabolizes testosterone that much faster than anyone else, there aren't major outliers in TRT dose studies, they all fall within a couple hundred points on the same dosage, not huge ranges.

Organ androgen receptors become saturated and relatively low doses and even 200mg/week is enough to keep your body somewhat stressed all the time. When you have been on for years or even decades, this starts to have an effect.

Someone in an HRT group said that HRT is pretty much 1mg per kg bodyweight per week. So a 220lbs guy would be doing approximately 100mg. Sound reasonable to you? Then if someone would have been healthy and functioning fine with a 400 test level doesn't mean the HRT should put him at 1000 even if still technically in range. Then we are talking about "hormone optimization"... creating something subjectively better. What that should be is anyone's guess.

--

As far as Jordan, who knows, he might have been warned by a doc too, we don't know. Astragalus and Curcumin and Ubiquinol will not protect you from kidney and heart issues or whatever. Of course Jordan has a huge heart, big ass kidneys, big liver. Not that I'm against mitigating strategies but we are not at a point where someone can be 300lbs at 5'6 with a normal sized heart. All those mitigating strategies that he employed were clearly not working that well if he felt like a dying man.

It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Some have gone to the other extreme, intentionally trying to lose as much as possible, like Palumbo. Jordan will not really look "great" no matter what because he doesn't have that aesthetic body. He is one of the biggest dudes ever.

Its like that everywhere man. Pull up ESPN. They have 4 shows with the same 5 topics. There's only so much to talk about. People love 'drama'. As long as its not theirs of course.

But i agree. Shits mundane. I've been reading more than ever.

At 5'6 I'd like to see him come down to 200 lb. To challenge himself in training, focus on maintaining as much strength as possible and improve his strength-to-weight ratio. Improve upon mobility, longevity, and athleticism. I think he's said before he wants to get into Jiu-jitsu.

I do wonder how it will affect his businesses. On the one hand it can be a major positive as they will appeal to the mainstream with the face of the company no longer being 300 lb. He has such a large following and influence that this action could influence people to re-evaluate what they're doing as well. On the other, choosing to do this is making a statement that the super hardcore bodybuilding lifestyle is a health jeopardy and he has 300 lb guys on the payroll for his clothing and supplement lines. A potential conflict of interest.

I like and have learned from JP, so I hope everything works out for the best.

good for him but something i will dearly miss.... no one has trained like him since Dorian. and now that he stops there really is no one worth watching that fits that bill of intensity. yes there are other guy doing low volume, dc, whatever but he and dorian were next level. before anyone says Dusty or any of those guys no disrespect to any of them but no comparison. none

One thing I’ve always remember about him was years and years ago when he really started to pack on the size he would talk about puking up multiple meals per day from all the force feeding he was putting himself through. I specifically remember thinking god that sounds fucking miserable.
good for him but something i will dearly miss.... no one has trained like him since Dorian. and now that he stops there really is no one worth watching that fits that bill of intensity. yes there are other guy doing low volume, dc, whatever but he and dorian were next level. before anyone says Dusty or any of those guys no disrespect to any of them but no comparison. none

Yep. His videos are my go to when I really want to see intensity

He should be able to keep a lot of that intensity, just not move as much weight. Maybe decrease workout frequency some.

Dusty said something similar on his podcast so I think he’ll agree with you. Dusty trains harder than 99% of people but JP is in that rare 1%

He should be able to keep a lot of that intensity, just not move as much weight. Maybe decrease workout frequency some.
yes absolutely agree. i should have been more clear though with what i was referring to. its all out intensity which is pushing to the absolute max/pushing the envelope and then some in food, drugs, recuperation, sleep, lifestyle. not just the gym. the absolute threshold of human potential red lined. nothing flashing, nothing fancy. silent rage. living like a monk. no one else is doing this. everyone is podcasting, growing trendy beards, getting tatoo's, trying to get followers, etc. go watch blood and guts. that. that is what is all about. no one is cut from that cloth anymore. that is true bodybuilding. well to me anyways.

I like him, I just thought he never looked good, never looked healthy at all. One cannot keep that up and expect longevity.
Good on him for opening his eyes to what could happen (I'm sure he knew it, but is now doing something about it).
Could have a great long life ahead of him if he does things for health purposes. Could have a short one if he keeps that stuff up.

I'm pretty old, so I don't see the sense in all that. is not right, its not wrong, I just dont get it... Good for JP!

Idk man

I'm a big fan of JP; but there's a few more that come to mind.

Dusty doing those 4 second negatives on hack squats to absolute failure (thing about Dusty is that he can turn that off between sets). John Meadows training with Dave Tate with Dave puking in buckets in between sets while doing Bulgarian split squats. James Hollingshead squatting 6 plates to absolute failure.

I think people display effort differently on the outside. For some it's nuclear chaos, for others a calm storm. There's probably "unknown" guys out there who couldn't care less about recording the destruction they carry out in the gym. Chuck Vogelpohl is one that comes to mind

Nobody has pushed it in every department as much as Jordan (drugs, food, training) as far as I can tell though.

So this is exactly my point, TRT doses AREN'T really individual, people often say they are, but there are usually other mitigating factors that cause it to be so. No one metabolizes testosterone that much faster than anyone else, there aren't major outliers in TRT dose studies, they all fall within a couple hundred points on the same dosage, not huge ranges.

Organ androgen receptors become saturated and relatively low doses and even 200mg/week is enough to keep your body somewhat stressed all the time. When you have been on for years or even decades, this starts to have an effect.

Good points. Some other thoughts I have (my opinion is that slightly above trt is not relatively harmful but I'm no expert and open to having my opinion changed)

1. If blood work is good, how can we measure the stress caused by using higher than trt dosages? Is it really any worse than say constantly using prescription medicine, carrying 40lbs of additional muscle? Obviously we stress our bodies by carting additional weight and then more stress is not good, just trying to quantify stress that say 300mg trt would be

2. What stresses the body more, extremely high blasts say 2g with 150mg trt in-between ..or

Smaller blasts say 800 mg, with 300 mg trt in-between

Always wondered this. Some guys may run higher trt but are more moderate at peak dosages. Then others may drop way down, then think it allows them to run higher dosages for blasts.

I don't know if there is a right answer there are so many factors and view points. But I think an argument could be made for each approach for both health and also body composition.

Good points. Some other thoughts I have (my opinion is that slightly above trt is not relatively harmful but I'm no expert and open to having my opinion changed)

1. If blood work is good, how can we measure the stress caused by using higher than trt dosages? Is it really any worse than say constantly using prescription medicine, carrying 40lbs of additional muscle? Obviously we stress our bodies by carting additional weight and then more stress is not good, just trying to quantify stress that say 300mg trt would be

2. What stresses the body more, extremely high blasts say 2g with 150mg trt in-between ..or

Smaller blasts say 800 mg, with 300 mg trt in-between

Always wondered this. Some guys may run higher trt but are more moderate at peak dosages. Then others may drop way down, then think it allows them to run higher dosages for blasts.

I don't know if there is a right answer there are so many factors and view points. But I think an argument could be made for each approach for both health and also body composition.
Prior to my heart attack I had a hemoglobin up around 20 or 21. I would get off the cycle and just cruise on 250 mg/wk. Even after 3 months of that my hemoglobin was still high, up around 19 or so. I tested it a month later and it was stuck at about 19. Even now on doc prescribed pharm test at 100 mg/wk it will slowly build up and I get a phlebotomy about 2x per year now.

That is just one factor, hemoglobin/hematocrit. Lots more to worry about.

if 250 a week puts him between 250-1100 test level, then its trt....if its over, say peak is 2000 and trough 1000, with once a week shots,,,,it aint real trt. its a tiny cycle....ive heard docs say staying there wont hurt long term if other numbers are still good.
even with more dosing per week, if it averages over 1000, its not real trt.
only bloodwork will show the result of that dose...he COULD always lower it but....
and its true what was said above, most guys will be close to the same test levels on the same doses if no other problems present. and that number goes down 10-13 percent a day over the week on 1 pin. mine drops 11 percent last i checked.

I like Jordan Peters. He seems to tell the truth about what he does as a pro bodybuilder. But I have noticed he gets out of breath just sitting and talking. That concerns me. I’m afraid his heart won’t take that kind of abuse much longer. I think he’s making a wise decision to back off.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws