YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are baseball players doing to get around drug tests?

What is the point of this thread? No one knows the cocktails professional athletes are using- the only people that know are the guys "prescribing" it. No one on a bodybuilding forum is going to know this shit.. its out of our realm.

Genetics play a role yes, that's obvious. The other obvious thing is drugs are involved. You guys who think they aren't have your heads in the sand or don't know people as well as you think you do.

Professional athletes hide the shit from wives, kids, everyone. So why in the fuck would they tell you or anyone else? What the fuck do they gain telling you this shit? If i was making a million plus yearly, even a hundred grand playing a professional sport that was tested i sure as fuck wouldnt even tell my best friend. Whats to gain from telling? Nothing. Whats to lose? Everything..

The only people that know are:

1- the trainers
2- the guys prescribing/selling them the drugs

For fuck sakes I knew people taking the shit at 13 years old. Yes, star athletes and everything else. Everyone thinks because someone is young that they aren't on shit.

If i took all the drugs in the world it doesn't make up for my lack of genetics. So let's not get that twisted. These guys are all have unbelievable genetics and work ethic that shit on us normies. The drugs arent what seperate us from them by any means.

But people thinking all these guys don't use shit..
Bro, these guys are gifted and have been elite since they were kids. As I’ve said, I’ve been in a circle with a handful of NFL guys and they know NOTHING when it comes to PEDs. The guys I’ve been around aren’t elite, and I’m sure some guys are using, but its no where near the percentage you think. The average role player, 2nd string guy, and even low level starter likely isn’t using shit. I know it’s hard to believe that some guys are just born bigger, stronger, faster, etc, than you or I, but it’s just the way it is.

I feel like everyone says something different and it just depends on the sport..

I know guys who’ve been around an array of Olympic level athletes, most of them on PEDs.. My brother was getting looked at by colleges for baseball and most of his buddies who did make it to any high level were on PEDs..

I know a guy who claims the same as you, being around several NFL guys and he says some of them were on PEDs and some weren’t…

I myself have been around some high level BJJ guys and UFC guys, I can’t say ALL of them, but A LOT of those guys are in PEDs too.. I’ve personally been asked by a few UFC/Bellator fighters if I can get them legit gear that was properly dosed and if it was the actual compound they wanted because of testing etc they had to be sure and time everything perfectly..

My personal opinion, again, it depends on the sport and the athlete…

The average NFL career is like 2-3 years… Yea, a lot of freaks in the NFL with garbage nutrition…

Do we really think Tom Brady doesn’t have the best of the best doctors taking care of him to be able to play 20+ years at a high level?? And that maybe there’s some questionable cocktails involved to keep him healthy and optimal??

Who really knows…
I agree with what is said here. Olympic athletes are pushing boundaries beyond what pro athletes are pushing.

The powers that be in baseball never gave a damn about steroids and only acted like they did due to media scrutiny.. their testing is very " far between" now ..

However bio-identical hormones (testosterone, insulin, growth hormone, IGF-1, thyroid) are much harder to detect since its already in your body to some extent and as long as you don't go above the maximum threshold (which is very high by physiological standards to avoid false positives due to genetic exceptions which could lead to litigation) you are fine.
that’s a negative sir.
Even thought testosterone is “bio identical” modern tests can actually determine what the hormone itself was synthesized from.

Injectable testosterone is synthesized from yams/soy most often and modern tests can identify that.

Anyone trying to beat a steroid test should just stop using.
Nothing in bodybuilding irritates me more than people trying to lie and say they don’t use anything.
If you have to lie just don’t answer the question, and if you involved in some obligation that requires testing.. find a different thing to do.

Have some integrity smh

Even thought testosterone is “bio identical” modern tests can actually determine what the hormone itself was synthesized from.

Yes, the carbon isotope test can determine whether the testosterone is produced by the body or not as there is a small difference in the carbon structure. HOWEVER they do not conduct that test unless someone fails the more traditional testo:epitesto ratio test. They use the carbon isotope test as confirmation of a positive, not as the primary test.

Nothing in bodybuilding irritates me more than people trying to lie and say they don’t use anything.

The discussion was specifically about baseball players (and indirectly other high level athletes) not bodybuilders.

To the original poster.. It is clear you have done very little research on the subject (which is why you are asking so many questions) that you should know before posing an argument or question about this. The game has really cleaned up its act and the steroid era has been over for a long time. I would venture to say that there is a miniscule percentage of players using PED's in baseball anymore. Bat speed has little to nothing to do with PED's. Professional hitters don't really have problems hitting a fastball traveling 95-100mph. Obviously some are better than others but they make adjustments (unless you are Joey Gallo). The hardest part about hitting a baseball is the movement and the command of the pitcher that is able to locate balls that have late movement or "life" on them. Also - arm angles, hiding the ball for longer (harder to pick-up) and not having tendencies as to "tip" your pitches are important.

IMO, GH is very hard to test for - in fact, I am not even sure blood testing was approved by the MLBPA in a renewed agreement. You would really have to have some terrible luck to get popped for GH. Not only that, but I doubt TRT is allowed. Who is your source for Trout having GH? He is getting injured a fair amount the last few years and the truth is these generational talents like Judge, Trout and the other top players in MLB are not going to risk their legacy or image for screwing around with hormones. I also think the people testing positive for deca or nandrolone probably think it's something else - or they are such fringe amateurs that they don't care to look into it enough to at least give themselves a punchers chance at passing a PED test. Testing once during the season and playoffs and not at all in the offseason sounds like a pointless plan to curb PED use so I am not sure of the validity of those claims either.

You will find a lot of guys that get popped are minorities in/from DR and Central America or fringe players that are in the minors and trying to find a way forward...not stable MLB guys.

Most athletes in random testing sports are using fast acting compounds - suspensions, no esters, orals, GH, peptides, etc. Remember that this use is almost always geared toward performance, not building muscle. They don't need medium and long acting stuff that's constantly elevating protein synthesis, they need something to make them perform really well at a certain period of time.

I don't know the TRT policies in professional sports leagues, it's kept pretty quiet.

Not sure on GH detection time but active life is around 4 hours. GH is one of the few things that still can't be reliably tested for so use is common across pro sports, Olympics, etc.
Supriised this is your response as you should also be aware that... They are also testing for metabolites. Which have a MUCH different clearance times than actual substance clearance times.
So the whole short ester thing really doesn't apply to modern testing.
You could get away with use base compounds or short esters back in early 2000s. Not today.

that’s a negative sir.

Injectable testosterone is synthesized from yams/soy most often and modern tests can identify that.

Anyone trying to beat a steroid test should just stop using.
If you have to lie just don’t answer the question, and if you involved in some obligation that requires testing.. find a different thing to do.

Have some integrity smh
Facts. Testing is much more advanced these days. They are not just testing for said substances. They are testing for downstream metabolites among other things.
Guys talking about short esters and what not are just repeating brolore from their years on the boards.

Probably some new Patrick Arnold type may have found new compounds or ones that cant be easily traced. Id venture to say the well known compounds would be off limits for most due to the ease of failing testing. Just my bro-take.

As has already been mentioned, some of you guys are really talking like its pre 2005 right now and have no concept of advanced testing developed to be used in sports.

Supriised this is your response as you should also be aware that... They are also testing for metabolites. Which have a MUCH different clearance times than actual substance clearance times.
So the whole short ester thing really doesn't apply to modern testing.
You could get away with use base compounds or short esters back in early 2000s. Not today.
I personally have witnessed and designed cycles for a few UFC close friends of mine that I grew up with, using short ester compounds, I am speaking from actual experience. Within the last 10 years. Winstrol was popular. I want to say we also had access to methyltestosterone not m1t. they were beating USADA testing. I know this is about MLB, but they aren't they also ultimately governed by USADA which is also the anti-doping commission for the Olympics . MAYBE MLB is different.

I
Bro, these guys are gifted and have been elite since they were kids. As I’ve said, I’ve been in a circle with a handful of NFL guys and they know NOTHING when it comes to PEDs. The guys I’ve been around aren’t elite, and I’m sure some guys are using, but its no where near the percentage you think. The average role player, 2nd string guy, and even low level starter likely isn’t using shit. I know it’s hard to believe that some guys are just born bigger, stronger, faster, etc, than you or I, but it’s just the way it is.
I concur...the NFL uses a 6:1 testosterone ratio...only if a player tests 6x more than an average man will a comprehensive review/test be conducted...

I personally have witnessed and designed cycles for a few UFC close friends of mine that I grew up with, using short ester compounds, I am speaking from actual experience. Within the last 10 years. Winstrol was popular. I want to say we also had access to methyltestosterone not m1t. they were beating USADA testing. I know this is about MLB, but they aren't they also ultimately governed by USADA which is also the anti-doping commission for the Olympics . MAYBE MLB is different.
thats still 10yrs ago.
even testing today compared to 5yrs ago, is much more advanced.

To the original poster.. It is clear you have done very little research on the subject (which is why you are asking so many questions) that you should know before posing an argument or question about this. The game has really cleaned up its act and the steroid era has been over for a long time. I would venture to say that there is a miniscule percentage of players using PED's in baseball anymore. Bat speed has little to nothing to do with PED's. Professional hitters don't really have problems hitting a fastball traveling 95-100mph. Obviously some are better than others but they make adjustments (unless you are Joey Gallo). The hardest part about hitting a baseball is the movement and the command of the pitcher that is able to locate balls that have late movement or "life" on them. Also - arm angles, hiding the ball for longer (harder to pick-up) and not having tendencies as to "tip" your pitches are important.

IMO, GH is very hard to test for - in fact, I am not even sure blood testing was approved by the MLBPA in a renewed agreement. You would really have to have some terrible luck to get popped for GH. Not only that, but I doubt TRT is allowed. Who is your source for Trout having GH? He is getting injured a fair amount the last few years and the truth is these generational talents like Judge, Trout and the other top players in MLB are not going to risk their legacy or image for screwing around with hormones. I also think the people testing positive for deca or nandrolone probably think it's something else - or they are such fringe amateurs that they don't care to look into it enough to at least give themselves a punchers chance at passing a PED test. Testing once during the season and playoffs and not at all in the offseason sounds like a pointless plan to curb PED use so I am not sure of the validity of those claims either.

You will find a lot of guys that get popped are minorities in/from DR and Central America or fringe players that are in the minors and trying to find a way forward...not stable MLB guys.
I pretty much agree with all this. People see a pitcher throwing 100mph and want to attribute it to aas because we romanticize AAS and want to view them as this holy grail. These guys are freaks with great genetics. Sports like baseball are about God given talent, technique, coaching. Little Pedro Martinez wouldn't have thrown any harder had he hit the heavy slag iron, ate 5k calories till he puked, and got on a gram of test and slin.

Look at tom Brady and his longevity. I doubt he's hitting deads and squats in the 6-10 rep range to failure. He's probably doing alot of stuff with mobility, bands, stretching, daily massage.

I pretty much agree with all this. People see a pitcher throwing 100mph and want to attribute it to aas because we romanticize AAS and want to view them as this holy grail. These guys are freaks with great genetics. Sports like baseball are about God given talent, technique, coaching. Little Pedro Martinez wouldn't have thrown any harder had he hit the heavy slag iron, ate 5k calories till he puked, and got on a gram of test and slin.

Look at tom Brady and his longevity. I doubt he's hitting deads and squats in the 6-10 rep range to failure. He's probably doing alot of stuff with mobility, bands, stretching, daily massage.
Right. In terms of physique, he really looks like a soccer dad. With just a slight bit of a pudge coming on.
You know that guy who used to be in shape. Got married. Had 3-4 kids.. now just drinks red wine with his wife at night. Gives her a night time fuck. Then back to sleep and the next days routine.

The best example I can think of is Barry Bonds. Busted. He blew up like birthday balloon on whatever he was taking. His trainer / batting coach said his helmet size went up which was obvious. He got nailed. His out was blaming his trainer / supplier for his ‘vitamins’, said he did not know what he was taking, just following orders. Sure 😉. Don’t know how it all played out but he was a much better player when ‘on’ then ‘off ‘ like him our not and not many people did. Think attitude.

That being said, when it comes to batting he is said too have said, it does not make you eyeballs stronger but my purely uneducated guess is that it can’t hurt, might help fielding (stronger runner?) and bat speed but again, speculation on my part.

Hope this is not too far off topic . . .

One thing to keep in mind, the juiced ball era. They tightened up the ball to get more home runs then everyone was hitting them. It's not like Mark McGwire discovered aas and everyone followed suit and it worked to hit better. I'm sure these guys had access to AAS back in the 80s. For those who did take many were maybe out of range (older guys) so they had benefit, as I'm sure sports don't allow trt it's still a ped if you use 200,300,400. Easier for baseball to blame steroids test some guys and let them fall on the sword than admit they altered the ball and all today's hitters are smashing records of all time greats due to MLB itself tainting the game. In theory the pitchers could have juiced then too to counter the hitters juicing to counter, but the pitchers didn't stand a chance in hell with a tighter ball. People say testing is a joke but we see guys like Hopkins, Cushing, Patrick Peterson getting popped if testing was a sham then how would anyone get popped? Sure guys use to get an advantage but sports is far from a drug war, it's a genetics war imo.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131