yms-GIF-210x65-SB
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Attempting to get lean... Anyone care to critique what I'm doing?

Training stress. Resistance training is sympathetic dominant stress. As is high intensity cardio. Your stress cup fills way to fast.

Zone 1-2 is a parasympathetic stress. You can tolerate much more total stress if you have two flavors

Also zone 3 is not a good training zone for most. Stay out of it for most of your training Either drive cardiovascular/mitochondrial adaptation with zone 2, or go full send with a safe (don’t tear a hammy) in zone 4/5 for its adaptations.

Training stress. Resistance training is sympathetic dominant stress. As is high intensity cardio. Your stress cup fills way to fast.

Zone 1-2 is a parasympathetic stress. You can tolerate much more total stress if you have two flavors

Also zone 3 is not a good training zone for most. Stay out of it for most of your training Either drive cardiovascular/mitochondrial adaptation with zone 2, or go full send with a safe (don’t tear a hammy) in zone 4/5 for its adaptations.

parasympathetic stress seems like an oxymoron.

Go do a cluster set, widow maker, or a true FST-7 set and see if you still feel that way. 😂

In the grand scheme of things I know what you’re saying, but short rest breaks used in volume or finisher sets have their place.

Meadow’s believed that was the best way to train arms and delts for many exercises.
Would love to hear your thoughts experience on exercise sequence as I know John was big on it being important..last exercise or finisher being something that really stretches the muscle.

I've been doing your DB partials down the rack twice, money. Also I believe your coach has you stretch the legs (extreme stretch) then bang them with a finisher while in DC the stretch is at the end.

Would love to hear your thoughts experience on exercise sequence as I know John was big on it being important..last exercise or finisher being something that really stretches the muscle.

I've been doing your DB partials down the rack twice, money. Also I believe your coach has you stretch the legs (extreme stretch) then bang them with a finisher while in DC the stretch is at the end.
I agree with John’s philosophy and approach. If you look at Hany’s routines they follow the same sequence, as do Milos routines.

The only thing I do differently with AJ is activate the muscle by doing 3 rounds of 2-3 exercises for 15 reps to warm up and drive blood into the muscle. Then I go straight into my working exercise and sets.

But I think guys are selling themselves short by not doing some sort of stretch exercise or movement at the end of each muscle group. Dante’s DC exercises truly cover this component of training IMO hence you see them in my training.

Please explain "recover properly" and how it aligns to the goal of building muscle.

I don't quite understand what you are asking for.

I'm thinking squat or bicep curl ez.

If you do a set at failure at 10 reps and come back to do another set before you have rested enough, you will not achieve your target reps, or you will have to reduce the weight to achieve it.

Doing a second set of say 4-6 reps is not optimal for hypertrophy, and can also compromise technique and thus put you at greater risk of injury.

You have to be willing to suffer to get lean! The more you can suffer/tolerate the leaner you will be. Consistent calorie deficit and daily cardio. The ONLY time I eat the same thing that the rest of my family eats is when I have scheduled cheat meals on the weekends by my coach!

dont take this the wrong way

but i dont think you have enough muscle to get shredded

sure, you could get down to 5% body fat.. but i wonder what would be left?
He’s already got too much fat on him if he tries growing he’s just going to end fatter.

If he diets down correctly he could end up gaining some muscle as he’s losing fat and once he gets truly lean he won’t lose anything. What won’t be left is the excess fat.

almost nobody has as much muscle as they think they do especially the first time they get as lean as they should be for a good growth phase.

Regarding the discussion on the importance of cardio, as a guy who's almost 60 I've found new respect for the importance of LISS cardio with my normal routine. I've always hated cardio so when I heard people talk about obtaining the physique I wanted without it, I jumped on it because it's what I wanted to hear.

I will say that there are people who can get shredded without cardio, and those same people are typically the hard gainers who need to push 5,000 calories/day to gain any muscle. I'm not one of those guys. On the flip side, I've been able to put on decent muscle without having to run high doses of AAS.

I think that employing cardio in your routine is "best for the most" people. You may be one of the few that don't need it, but for the other 90-95%, it provides so many additional benefits besides helping to obtain the leanness we want. And the LISS has been much more forgiving on this old body than the HIIT routines. I've got nothing but respect for those who can train HIIT, but these days I experience inflammation just thinking about it, LOL.

Right? Lol kinda why I'm posting. I feel like I have no clue wtf I'm doing. I definitely need to clean up the weekends. I'm fairly active, professional car fixer so I'm always moving.

Shelby, I very much appreciate your time. I wake at 6 and the fruit is actually a new addition lol. I just swapped out some rice for the fruit...
Perhaps I'll drop the T3 a bit... Maybe 50? I was thinking this might be contributing the cravings.
Regarding four meals: I was under the impression that the difference between, say, four or six wasn't that great?
it could be a 1000 calorie difference. i think the extra calories will actually get you leaner.
you arent eating enough imo.
Phil Hernon was best coach i ever had and we would "eat when hungry" and we tracked macros
my macros per solid food meals were 50gm protein, 35gm carbs, 20gms fats and that was to get LEAN
i would eat anywhere from 5-9 meals a day depending on how metabolism was from training. ie day AFTER legs i was always the hungriest. one day i actually ate 11 chicken breasts!

i just dont agree with all the cardio advice.
ive never really understood it. i mean cardio is used to burn calories right? why not eat less calories and do less cardio?
Phil Hernon had me doing 7 minutes of cardio and i got peeled.
i mean you arent competing just trying to get sub 10% bodyfat....
also, i disagree with anyone that said you should be on low-ish dose while cutting. why? lol so it can take longer?
roids speed up metabolism. ANY time i want to lose just a few pounds its super quick if i just blast a lil.

here is my first show. took first w perfect score.
Trained by Phil Hernon for last 6 weeks. i woulda been leaner if we had started working together sooner. but you get the idea.
cardio not THAT important. tren is lol
7 min cardio and 3 sets per bodypart so work outs were 20-25 min and followed by 7 min cardio. highest intensity possible.

Attachments

• pro m pic.png
    pro m pic.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 84
here is my first show. took first w perfect score.
Trained by Phil Hernon for last 6 weeks. i woulda been leaner if we had started working together sooner. but you get the idea.
cardio not THAT important. tren is lol
7 min cardio and 3 sets per bodypart so work outs were 20-25 min and followed by 7 min cardio. highest intensity possible.
I don't think you realize how good your genetics are. 99.9% of guys aren't getting in contest shape with that little cardio and lifting no matter what their caloric intake is.

Phil use to say “cardio is for the heart, diet and drugs are what get you lean.” I don’t agree with this from my full bodybuilding experience, but it does make sense.
Absolutely.

I don't think you realize how good your genetics are. 99.9% of guys aren't getting in contest shape with that little cardio and lifting no matter what their caloric intake is.
i can appreciate that but i am curious how many guys have tried it?
admittedly i was super scared. i thought no way i was gonna lean up w 7 min cardio and 20-25 min weights
BUT i trusted my coach and did EXACTLY what he said and boom.
it really was diet and drugs that got me lean.
since then tho i just dont see the point in endless cardio. fuck that. i got in this game to life and be big and lean.
again last time i checked cardio burns calories. eat less carbs. which is less cals and let the CNS recover.
more frequesnt work outs (my split was 3 days on 1 day off repeat)

had a young man ask me at gym how i am so lean and he was at the time trying to be an abercrombie model lol he was willing to do 2-3 hours of cardio. so i told him i was doing 7 min and it blew his mind. and i had to mention to him why do so much cardio to burn calories..... how bout eat less cals..... he looked at me like i was crazy lol. but proof is in the pudding. i was leaner than he wanted to be doing 7 min cardio lol
foolish imo.....

Would most guys with op goals, average genetics be able to reach lean 8-10bf with just diet and lifting? I understand contest shape is a completely different story

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
makesense123
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins