over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High or low volume training?

Corgopop

Registered
Newbies
What are you guys proponents of?

I see coaches like compton pushing up to 20-30 sets per body part.

Then I see other coaches on the exact opposite end with 6-12 working sets

What do you guys enjoy, and what has worked best for you?

A lot of factors here. Age, training mileage/joints, injuries, individual response, personal mentality, amount of time available, etc, etc.

You didn't list your years training but after a few years of training and trying different thing, you should be able to judge your individual response.

When I started training in the late 80's there was hardly any "good" training info out there. Just bullshit programs listed in the magazines or programs you'd by with a money order out of the back of the mag ads.

Today, yes there is a lot of junk to decipher but there's TONS of quality training info. Most people can't really go wrong doing some of Meadows programs.

Rotate both over many years and stay consistent and you will be gtg.

Rotate both over many years and stay consistent and you will be gtg.
Of course. I think everyone responding was missing the point of the thread haha.

I’m not asking anyone to prescribe me what to do.

Just interested in hearing opinions and what others like.

Low to failure. Work full time, cook my meals, aim for 7 hours sleep, can't be in the gym 2-3 hours chasing volume fighting with teens to get equipment. No interest in 30 second rest intervals to make it work, if I do a set I want a hard set. Myo reps and rest pause are useful but imo circuit type training isn't going to build muscle.

I generally go4 exercise per body part , 4 sets per exercise in 8-10 rep range progressively working up , the last set is to failure. On one exercise ill do a drop on the failure set and rep that to failure.
BUT
I do a fast contraction , 1 second squeeze then a 3 second negative and try to use perfect form. This forces me to use alot lighter weight but keep maximum intensity

best shit i've ever done. cannot see myself going back to "arm days"
to clarify, i am a proponent of low volume, high intensity (sets to failure or close) and high frequency. hitting a muscle group 3x per week.

Of course. I think everyone responding was missing the point of the thread haha.

I’m not asking anyone to prescribe me what to do.

Just interested in hearing opinions and what others like.

Then you probably should have stated that in your thread.

I always do high volume with pretty heavy weight but it’s not by design. I love to lift 2-3 hours in the gym is a great day for me. I always have gotten the results I want so never really changed. I do 8-12 rep range and at 44 my joints are all good and that’s with being a Marine and playing rugby so volume imo is a good route

One thing to note...

I prefer low volume high intensity, but for some parts like side delts, rear, it's hard to really progress. So maybe do 10+ sets for them per week.

best shit i've ever done. cannot see myself going back to "arm days"
I like this approach would try it if it wasn't for a crowded gym I can't dedi 2 hours per day. JP does mention that his sessions do go this long, factoring in warm up sets etc.

My only problem with this would be those muscles like rear and side delts you will stall out quickly. May have to add some volume work in. See tons of guys with chest, back, legs, even arms but won't look good unless you have some meat on the delt . I saw a video where a well known guy said the best type of training was DC style but you must add in some work for the arms and delts to get a balanced developed physique and not just be "big" but look like a bber.

I like this approach would try it if it wasn't for a crowded gym I can't dedi 2 hours per day. JP does mention that his sessions do go this long, factoring in warm up sets etc.

My only problem with this would be those muscles like rear and side delts you will stall out quickly. May have to add some volume work in. See tons of guys with chest, back, legs, even arms but won't look good unless you have some meat on the delt . I saw a video where a well known guy said the best type of training was DC style but you must add in some work for the arms and delts to get a balanced developed physique and not just be "big" but look like a bber.
yes they are long because you are moving between 13 diff machines. and working up to 8+ plates per side on leg press (way more for some of you) takes a while. and yes, if you are addressing a specific weakness on stage, you'll need some iso work there. but if you wanna get jacked this is golden. you'll still have balance. but if you are addressing a weakness you will need to tweak exercise selection.

Every workout I do 2 movements per body part..one for reps..one for weight.

Today I did chest..I started on flat bench for reps..started with the bar for 100 reps..10 or so sets later I finished with 315 for 6

I waited a few minutes then went to the hammer incline machine where I just threw on as many plates as I could move correctly and did that until I couldn’t anymore

In

Everything will work until it doesn’t.

This will fix you forever…..

Buy John meadows creeping death 2.0. Run it. HIGH volume.

Deload

Then run project collosus. High intensity.

Deload.

Repeat.

I always do high volume with pretty heavy weight but it’s not by design. I love to lift 2-3 hours in the gym is a great day for me. I always have gotten the results I want so never really changed. I do 8-12 rep range and at 44 my joints are all good and that’s with being a Marine and playing rugby so volume imo is a good route
This is me as well. Why do people always act as if intensity and volume is an either or?!!

We are on gear, and focused on recovery. Train hard as fuck, and train lots (if your recovery can handle it of course). And eat lots.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws