over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Natural Test-20 years old

Listen to what everyone is telling you, I have the same issue going on and my pcp was telling me i was fine. Low levels but within the norm at 265. As you stated you know you dont feel right, I simply asked for a ref. to an endo after doing some homework. Come to find out the lowest ur test range should be is 300. Are you a candidate for HRT yes. Is there possible tumors on your glands, thyroid issues etc. possible. Dont just except no as an answer. Make sure they run thorough checks throughout your body ruling everything out. Just taking test will def increase your levels but if there is an underlying problem you dont want that to go ignored. To answer your other question no there are no natural ways to raise test .... i joined this board with the same question! There are a million factors that lower levels none that i have found to increase them. Good luck buddy I feel for your situation

I'm getting the sense that if my levels are truely this low(with a retest to help prove/deny it) that there isn't really a "natural" way to boost them up and HRT would be the only option. Am I reading the posts correctly?

Last bloodwork i had it showed my test levels low. Got prescribed test and the insurance wouldnt cover it. And let me tell ya it was damn high. It was just easier for me to take care of it on my own.

Thanks again guys. Retest should be next week and I'll see what they suggest to me at that point.

Straight to the point, MG... as always! ;) :)

Scott,

Go for another bloodwork, and if you're still in the low range try the methods mentionned in the post above... kinda like if you were on PCT... even before thinking about HRT you have to see if your natural test production can be increased.
This is the general plan at this point. I wasn't planning on using AAS for another few years(if ever) so research on the subject is very vague and general to me. If HCG and the other "post cycle"(even though its not post anything haha) drugs can get me kickstarted on my own that would be good enough for me. I don't need to be walking around with jacked levels to be happy, just out of the bottom.

An endo's help would of course be ideal, but if u can't find any who seems to care for your problem (justifying himself with the fact your levels may be low but still in the range :rolleyes: ), take the appropriate measures on your own AFTER HAVING DONE EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON THE SUBJECT.

Then, and only then, will you be able to say if you qualify, or not, for test replacement. :)

When you are saying take the appropriate measures on my own, do you mean(if necessary of course, hypothetical) getting an endo to write me a script or are you talking about self medication here? Any mention of HRT on this thread has been in the context of doctor prescribed and monitored so I'm hoping people aren't taking this as "well my levels are low so I'm good to start juicing right?". I'm a terrible communicator over the net so it wouldn't surprise me.

Although it seems like a 19-year old should not be on HRT, if they really do test low for whatever condition is causing it, then they should probably be on it. Normal teens usually have raging levels of hormone. If you don't have at least normal levels, then that is going to disturb your growth pattern just as much as would being on AAS if you are a normal teen. There are real cases of boys/teens that have hormonal problems. I probably should have been on at a much earlier age myself, only no one ever thought to have my test levels checked though I suspected something was wrong. I weightlifted and had a little bit of muscle, but I had low levels. My quality of life improved so drastically upon going on HRT at 30, it was like night and day.

About endos: If in the event case there is something causing low levels, there is not really much they can do in rectifying the situation in most cases besides the prescription. Sure they can tell you why your levels are low, but that's about it for most cases. It isn't like they can transplant a new pituitary gland or a new testicle in you and everything is better. If your body doesn't make enough of some hormone, you usually have to help it out.

When you are saying take the appropriate measures on my own, do you mean(if necessary of course, hypothetical) getting an endo to write me a script or are you talking about self medication here?

If an endo doesn't want to help you (= write a script for clomid, hcg, whatever), then YES... self medicate :cool:

It may not be a severe case, but "light" hypogonadism at 20 years old is enough to ruin your quality of life... hence the need to try to remedy it as safely as you can :)

Good luck, Scott.

Semi update. The endo in my area operates off referrals only so I called the doctors office who did the testing and was told that since I tested out within the normal range they would not be giving me a referral.

I left a message with the doctor(spoke to a nurse) to please call me back so we can discuss this, not very happy with how this is going so far. I can go do blood work at the student health center but they don't have an endo there, I'd just get more results showing I need help but no one to actually do anything about it.

That bites, man. I have the same problem. Except I'm at 170 for test, though mine may be ph related as I ran 1,4 ad Bold in september with a proper pct but suddenly it started hitting me really bad. It stinks to be wasting so many months without being able to build anything physically, feeling depressed, etc. Looking at the symptoms I think I may have been low before and that that was icing on the cake. I wish I had gotten them checked before. I'm hoping it was the PH, though.
I made a thread on BB.com in the HRT forum and they recommended a man named Dr. John Crisler in Lansing, Michigan as one of the best
Here is his site http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.htm
You don't need a referral for him, I'm pretty sure.

BTW, I got in to see an endo and he wouldn't prescribe me anything. He thought that HCG and Clomid were more steroids until I told him what they were, than he told me that they don't prescribe things to those who "abuse steroids". Anyways, my meaning is that you have to search until you get a good one that cares. I'm obviously looking for a new one and will probably go to Dr. John now.

I dont know if it was mentioned earlier but also have him check your thyroid. If thyroid function is not correct this can negativly effect your test levels.

That bites, man. I have the same problem. Except I'm at 170 for test, though mine may be ph related as I ran 1,4 ad Bold in september with a proper pct but suddenly it started hitting me really bad. It stinks to be wasting so many months without being able to build anything physically, feeling depressed, etc. Looking at the symptoms I think I may have been low before and that that was icing on the cake. I wish I had gotten them checked before. I'm hoping it was the PH, though.
I made a thread on BB.com in the HRT forum and they recommended a man named Dr. John Crisler in Lansing, Michigan as one of the best
Here is his site http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.htm
You don't need a referral for him, I'm pretty sure.

BTW, I got in to see an endo and he wouldn't prescribe me anything. He thought that HCG and Clomid were more steroids until I told him what they were, than he told me that they don't prescribe things to those who "abuse steroids". Anyways, my meaning is that you have to search until you get a good one that cares. I'm obviously looking for a new one and will probably go to Dr. John now.

I'm in WV right now and if that doctor provides HRT over the net without a consult I wouldn't want to get into any of that stuff, but thanks for the post. How would an endo not know what HCG and Clomid are?

I dont know if it was mentioned earlier but also have him check your thyroid. If thyroid function is not correct this can negativly effect your test levels.
Thyroid was checked over the winter, don't have the figures in front of me but it came out normal.

I don't know how things on your side of the border are, but up north on my side, we have few men's clinics that will take you in with or without doc's referal. You just pay a bit more on the initial consol if you're not referred. I went this route as I didn't want to wait six more months while my family doc comes up with something.

I rather deal with someone that specializes in men's 'problems'.

I'm in WV right now and if that doctor provides HRT over the net without a consult I wouldn't want to get into any of that stuff, but thanks for the post. How would an endo not know what HCG and Clomid are?
It was a ridiculous experience to say the least.
He doesn't prescribe you anything without a consultation. I think you may have misunderstood. He has to consult with you and look at blood tests in order to prescribe something to you. Luckily I live in MI so I can go see him in person, hopefully. Trust me its not "black market" if that's what you are thinking. I was told that people come from all over the world to see him. Anyways, good luck.

im not sure how well it will work but if you not concerned for your health and are just upset with the fact that your levels are low why not try some natural test boosters like tribulus(damnit i cant spell). im personally not a fan but ive heard good things from other people. a study i saw on the science channel said that sex and winning also naturally boost test. so go beat a video game and gat laid...lmaoj/k...but seriously you might want to look into some natural test boosters.

It was a ridiculous experience to say the least.
He doesn't prescribe you anything without a consultation. I think you may have misunderstood. He has to consult with you and look at blood tests in order to prescribe something to you. Luckily I live in MI so I can go see him in person, hopefully. Trust me its not "black market" if that's what you are thinking. I was told that people come from all over the world to see him. Anyways, good luck.
Yeah I actually should have checked out the link before I suggested that. He seems like he helps a lot of people. I shot an email over to his admin Kim and asked if they knew of any good doctors in my area.

im not sure how well it will work but if you not concerned for your health and are just upset with the fact that your levels are low why not try some natural test boosters like tribulus(damnit i cant spell). im personally not a fan but ive heard good things from other people. a study i saw on the science channel said that sex and winning also naturally boost test. so go beat a video game and gat laid...lmaoj/k...but seriously you might want to look into some natural test boosters.

If I can't get any help from doctors around here(I'm still trying) then that's the route I will have to look into. I don't like video games that much so maybe I'll just beat up someone smaller than me to feel good about myself :p . I'm sure that will attract a nice lady so it's a double win right?

you can always try ZMA -- i think the ZMASS PM worked the best

and i do get aggression and wood off of RPM by applied nutracuticals. dunno if it raises test, but it sorta feels like it

urologists sometimes are a better bet for trt than endos

When i said how great HRT was I didn't want you to neglect the fact that there may be something wrong. Like I said I had a 5mm tumor on my pituitary gland, this could be quite serious if not monitered by a doctor. Before just finding testosterone, you need to find out what is wrong. On top of that evaluate your situation, before my HRT I had such bad anxiety I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, had high bodyfat despite dieting and hard lifting. You need to evaluate your situation before you find some quack that will just prescribe test because you are low and until figure what is causing this you should not be blindly medicating.

When i said how great HRT was I didn't want you to neglect the fact that there may be something wrong. Like I said I had a 5mm tumor on my pituitary gland, this could be quite serious if not monitered by a doctor. Before just finding testosterone, you need to find out what is wrong. On top of that evaluate your situation, before my HRT I had such bad anxiety I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, had high bodyfat despite dieting and hard lifting. You need to evaluate your situation before you find some quack that will just prescribe test because you are low and until figure what is causing this you should not be blindly medicating.

Yeah that is of course top priority. I finally got a referral(had to insist on it with GP) and will schedule an appointment with the endo tomorrow. I'm expecting a battery of tests to figure out if there is a single source thats causing the symptoms/low reading. If I find out it's something that can be treated without HRT I would love that. The bottom line is I want to feel like a normal 20 year old guy does, that's what I want the most. Ideally I wouldn't need to be on HRT at my age and something could be addressed and I'd natural come back into the middle of the normal range and stop suffering from the symptoms, but I'm not against it if that's my best option to get better.

Hope that clarifies my intentions. Do people here think that the endo will want new blood work or base his judgments off my previous work? I've been in "cruise" mode just in case so I can drop everything on a days notice and not screw up results, but it's getting pretty annoying not being able to train hard.

Just an update...

So I got off the phone with the endo's officer about 30 minutes ago and was told I have an appointment scheduled for July 9th in the morning. Problem being(which I told them several times) I'm a student in town here and will be gone by the end of the first week in May. This is really starting to get frustrating.

What are people's thoughts... should I search for a new doctor(it would be far away), talk to my GP again in hopes he will somehow change his tune about me being fine, wait it out till this appointment and come back into town? Do the lab work on my own?

I'm running to class but any more thoughts on this are of course appreciate.

So I got off the phone with the endo's officer about 30 minutes ago and was told I have an appointment scheduled for July 9th in the morning. Problem being(which I told them several times) I'm a student in town here and will be gone by the end of the first week in May. This is really starting to get frustrating.

What are people's thoughts... should I search for a new doctor(it would be far away), talk to my GP again in hopes he will somehow change his tune about me being fine, wait it out till this appointment and come back into town? Do the lab work on my own?

I'm running to class but any more thoughts on this are of course appreciate.

The only thing i would do different then now would be to try to get an earlier appointment with another endo. Sometimes it takes a while to see a good doctor man. I know it seems like a long time(which it is) but it will be worth it in the end to see a good doc.

Sure you can do your own lab work or see your other doctor again, but honestly i dont think its going to make much of a difference as far as treating your condition. If your doctor changed his mind hes going to refer you to an endo anyways. WHich could work in your favor because it might help you jump in the front of the line.

sometimes when you are natural you can easily fall in overtraining then your test level drop. So take 5 days off from the gym then go have your blood tested.I'm sure you'll have higher values

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member