over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dont Drag out your workouts

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Just thought i would remind ....as i see this happening every day in the gym.

Before you step food in the gym, you should have a game face on..

Make every workout mean something. Dont get caught up on any one piece of equipment.. If something you really want is being used..

have a substitute machine or exercise in mind and bust it out. keep your workouts intense..

Dont let others hold you back from getting the best workout!

Great post Alex. one thing that i always do is from the time i get out of the shower before i get to the gym is visualize the whole workout. every lift, every number in the log book getting beat. if you can see yourself acomplishing something by the time you get to the actual task you mind will believe you already acomplished it, and you will.

dude thanks for the reminder! I was just thinking about this today. Lately I have made an effort to get in and out in 50 minutes. Thats three times a week so 150 minutes of lifting total per week. I have NEVER seen better gains than this! I get in, warm up safely and go balls out on ONE heavy set for each lift I am doing that day. I leave feeling like I beat myself up but I no longer leave feeling DEPLETED (like I remember lifting used to make me feel).

anyways....thanks for your posts Alex...I always appreciate the wisdom!

I love the feedback...! think about this shit man...

We are busting our assess day in and day out! go the extra mile to tear it up in there..

Dont even make eye contact except with yourself.. or the weights..

Every workout is precious.. Get mentally ready for each workout.. its all business in there.. If someone wants to talk, they can catch up later when your done.. but while your in the gym.. train to gain!

We are busting our assess day in and day out! go the extra mile to tear it up in there..

Every workout is precious.. Get mentally ready for each workout.. its all business in there.. If someone wants to talk, they can catch up later when your done.. but while your in the gym.. train to gain!

Funny you mention this. Recently a young guy (22) started working out with us. Hott was outta town so we are going a little quicker through our workout.

So yesterday he asks "do you think going so quickly through our workout is hampering our results".....lmao. Granted we're not going through our workout 100mph but just enough to get your breath and then BOOM. I told him if he's shut the fuck up, we'd be able to move even quicker.:D

Love it! Hat low+Ipod in ears= DO NOT speak to me! :D

How about don't overthink them or spend your whole day fussing about them either. Have a plan, get in, get out. Obsessive behaviours just ruin the rest of your life. The lifting part of bodybuilding doesn't take that long and isn't that terribly complicated once you have a plan.

You had to do it Chris...

I dont have a regular training partner because i dont want to be slowed down.. your luck you have someone on the same page as you.. i have been un able to find a good training partner..

Im very anti social.. but im fine with that...

but honestly its not that im un friendly.. its just that Im not friendly..

Im not in the gym for friends, relationships.. or social stimulation.. I would love that place to myself.... to be honest ....but its a public gym... i have to share but i tell you this.. No one holds my workout up..

If someones using my favorite piece of equipment, i dont bother..... i find an alternative..

I stay covered up all the way to the show.. if someone wants to see how i look .. they can buy a ticket and go to the show... (unless its a cute chick)

Exactly,,While I warmup ,I put my foam earplugs ,I'm not at the Gym to talk to anyone. The young guys (children) drive me nuts ,all they do is stand around talking and B.S. And they constantly jump on and reconfigure a piece of equiment that I have walked away from for 30 seconds just to fill up my water bottle.. I just move to something else that I,m usually working a circuit of 2-3 machines at a time. :confused:

Im glad to know im not the only anti social person in the gym...

Solid Advice Alex!

I hate all the guys who go to the gym just to hangout and want to talk with you while you are trying to get shit done!

Thanks for the encouragement, Alex! I'm up at 5 today for work, thoughts of low serotonin and high cortisol from lack of sleep filling my head at the moment. Now I'm back on track. Thank you.

Excellent thread Alex, when I go into the gym it is my time and I don't like to be disturbed. I don't like work out partners as I don't want to depend on someone and when he doesn't show, I get bummed and put in a half ass workout.

Lets keep the thread going for motivational purposes.

This goes out to all of us.. but especially those that im working with...The bottom line is.... Nothing is going to change unless you make it happen! trust me.

I know i can give people good guidance, and have them follow a nice progression to get in great shape for a contest.. .or clean up their off season and put on some quality muscle and make some good gains..

but.. the bulk of the work is done by you! im just the guy that tells you what to do.. How you do it.. is up to you...

And each rep, each set is critical.

The bottom line is this.. For the most part everyones genetics average out to be about the same... some guys have great genetics.. some guys have sucky genetics. but on average we are all equal...

Its the hard working mofos that stop traffic or turn heads on stage...

Lets make it happen each time in the gym.. .each meal you eat and each weekend your out and away from home..... if you feel like your losing momentum.. drop me a line or post here..

Excellent thread Alex.

A quick handshake or a heads up is the most I socialize. Besides most of the guys at the gym want to come off as gurus and try to give you advice you havent really asked for.

I do my thing, shower..pound a protein shake and im out.

Before you step food in the gym, you should have a game face on.
Make every workout mean something.
Don't get caught up on any one piece of equipment.
If something you really want is being used, have a substitute machine or exercise in mind and bust it out.
Keep your workouts intense.
Don't let others hold you back from getting the best workout.

This is great advice Alex. And speaking for myself . . .

When I step on the gym floor, there is zero socializing.
I get something from every workout and won't leave the gym (without it).
My goal is to get the best workout in the shortest amount of time.
I only notice other people if they are in my way or have something I want.
If a piece of equipment is occupied; I never wait, I find something else to do.
I never share a piece of equipment; I hand it over graciously and go do something else.

And never put off until tomorrow what you can do today . . . tomorrow never comes.

Well spoken my friend.. you said it right there.

I happen to drive 12 miles to train at this gym.. I will be damned if i waste my time in this place.. each workout has to mean something!

Honestly.. i push to get sore after each workout..

It kinda drives me crazy to see guys, wandering around, resting more than lifting and taking up space. I know this sounds shitty but... my attitude is... I dont mind them wasting time.. but please dont wast my time..

Socom: well spoken as well... Your in a zone of your own..See once you start engaging in conversation then its expected of you.. And then if you dont chat.. your considered a dick.. I rather just let everyone know.. i dont talk from the beginning.. also bro.. you probably have more friends on this board than in the gym anyways.. i know i do..

Last edited:
ZONED

I rest between sets only enough to allow the pounding heartrate to go down usually counting breaths between sets...I go at 25-30 for the big compound moves. I train alone and in my own gym because of the distractions and CRAP at most gyms.
Never kept a partner.
They hold you back and F^@% up the schedule.

I pick the pace, the weights, the machines, the music...
I am in control.

Nothing else in my life is within my complete control,
but my gym is my sanctuary.

No phone calls. No appointments scheduled. No questions asked.

My wife screens the distractions for me.
She is the gatekeeper and NOBODY gets through.
GOD... I love that woman.
She gets me.
She helps me.

ill say this most of the time in the gym ill have my headphones on the ears BUT they arent even playing, and every once in a while i will bop the ol head up and down and it appears like i am listening to something.....99.9% of the time no one bothers me due to this.....

ill say this most of the time in the gym ill have my headphones on the ears BUT they arent even playing, and every once in a while i will bop the ol head up and down and it appears like i am listening to something.....99.9% of the time no one bothers me due to this.....

Haha thats clever. ;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner