advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone remember the Magazine muscle media 2000?

yogmo

Newbies
I was diggin through some old boxes and came across a treasure.... Some of the first few issues of Muscle Media 2000. Bill Phillips magazine. This magazine had the right idea...at first. The artiles were amazing... Pro bodybuilders actually talking about cycles, the political bullshit the top few pros of the late 90's were going through... David Dearth.. Gary Strydom... etc... The Vince McMahon days of bodybuilding..... You young guys should have seen this.... McMahon and Tom Platz almost ruined Bodybuilding .... If u can get ur hands on the first year issues of this magazine... Its truly priceless... Stories of UG labs.... Top IFBB telling u their cycles.... it was unheard of at the time... but, Sadly not many were willing to come forward after the first few did. David Dearth really broke free and I believe paid for it in the long run. Shortly after these no holds barre artiles came out...pressure from the law, media, gov't.... the same old crap was being pushed.. not the truth.. after the first year the magazine wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and Roberts sold out... I think to Muscular Development.... I guess i'm showing my age.... Keep up the good work Prof. Muscle... This site is so useful to the young guys out there....

Last edited:
That magazine was awesome. They profiled a different steroid every month in a centerfold. This is where I learned about my first few DVD sets! Dan Duchaine was a regular contributor. Bill Phillips and Sean Phillips both really gave "real" information back then.

I wish I would have kept my MM 2000s! I got them every month for years!

I hope someone dose it again

I hope someone dose it again. If they did I would subscribe. It was excellent

He had asked me to write for him....he was a subscriber to Hardcore Muscle.

I saw some things I didnt like (and after talking to Dan later) I am glad I said no.

Great magazine! One of the best things about it was joe weider didn't have his hands in it.

MM2K was the forerunner shill to T-nation's viral magazine marketing. They were probably a little better at not being totally full of shit, but still pretty full of shit.

TC Luoma worked for EAS as editor for MM2K before getting on board with Biotest and Tim Patterson.

YES

I subscribed and still have all my issues, Loved that mag. And Hardcore Muscle was great and still have all those too ( thanks Dante):)

It was good in the early MM2K years.Then it switched to just muscle media and became all about his(Bill Phillips) body for life contests and EAS products.

Muscle Media did have the best chick pictures in it. Regular artistic photography, and gorgeous subjects.

Whatever happened to Bill Phillips anyway?

The Body for Life thing always annoyed me a bit. He blew up with it and was huge, admitted he built his body using steroids, and then went all - oh you really don't need any of that stuff to look like this, all you need is my EAS brand creatine, shakes, etc.

Great magazine! One of the best things about it was joe weider didn't have his hands in it.

AMENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Every other page wasn't an ad, until EAS started getting big, then Bill P. went that route. Once the body for life challenges started, it was all downhill for the mag!

I do remember in later issues Dr. Pasquelle (spelled right?) began to do alot of research with no carb diets way before atkins bullshit came along.. I know personally this helped alot for me getting my diet straight back then... Low fat diets were the craze and this changed everything. I had never been able to get into great shape... There was also a doctor with aids writing for the magazine and knew his life was going to end soon and sort of became a guinea pig for anabolics and various drugs. And like others have said... before it became a self promotion for EAS, this mag was way ahead of its time....

That magazine was also one of the first places I saw pushing EFA'a.They had an interview with Dr. Udos(he brought flax seed oil to the market) talking about not just needing omega 3's but a balance of 3,6,and 9's for health.

PUMP Magazine by John Cribbs was good for a quick minute. It was like MM2k the first few issues. Then the T-Nation mags were good as well after MM2k ended.

I remember Paul Borresen and Stuart McRobert writing some articles and recall I firs seen 19-4 nor offered in that mag.

Anyways those were nice to look at,but I always like to subscribe to various more hardcore news letters such as when Dan Duchaine had his newsletter Dave Palumbo had the Rxmuscle and Trevor Smith had a newsletter called Gearuzer.

Last edited:
The magazine was a horrible rag, even from the beginning, they printed biased articles aimed at selling their products, basicly everything in the mag was an ad. They provided some "hardcore" information about steroids just to try and legitimize their BS advertising tactics.

I loved it but like everyone is saying, it became a big ad for EAS and body for life. it was great when it had the no bs advice about aas.

I even went to the Vegas round table event...anyone got to that? You got to rotate in a small group of guys and talk to dan, poliquin, shawn, it was a cool deal...then to the drink? it was the old place where the opend ICE.

I hope someone dose it again. If they did I would subscribe. It was excellent

Professional Muscle is more informative than MM2K ever was!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131