over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wipe the needle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no risk as long as you wipe off the top of the stopper with some rubbing alcohol. I also like to wipe down the stopper after I draw too, it gets off any residue that might be there from the draw.

I do this too.

Clean it before and after.

Why take any chances, you know?

I make them they look at me weird for asking but oh well. MM

Because this is not the norm in the medical community.You are NOT taught in medical or nursing school to draw with one needle and inject with another new one.
This is 100% broscience/internet protocal and I understand the logic etc... but it is not because they don't care,it isn't because they are injecting you and not themselves ,whatever.This is something all over the Bodybuilding boards that has taken on a life of its own.Even the syringe sponsors offer packages of an extra needle to draw with as it has become the norm on these boards.But to criticize nurses ,doctors etc... is ignorant as they are not taught to do this as it is not neccassary to do this practice.

Last edited:
I use one drawing pin, then pre-fill a few syringes that way I'm only re-using the drawing needle.

Do any of you guys who do not change needles
between drawing liquid from the bottle to injection wipe the needle after
you draw and remove from the stopper. Just curious.

Whether sterile or not, reusing needles is not worth the one needle you
save.

1. The needle is majorly blunted with every piercing which will then be
much more painful when you use it for your shot.

2. The more blunt the needle the more tissue damage it does when you
shoot which will result in higher chance of scar tissue etc.

Moral of the story: don't reuse needles. :)

@ kid1dakota

kid1dakota said:
This is 100% broscience/internet protocal and I
understand the logic etc... but it is not because they don't care,it isn't
because they are injecting you and not themselves ,whatever.

If they don't know because they weren't taught then it isn't their fault at
all. But it doesn't change the fact that it is better to draw and shoot with
separate pins.

I would say that's a fact.

It is strange how 'broscience' has somehow developed a better protocol
then the medical profession.. are you sure this originated on the
boards/internet?

kid1dakota said:
But to criticize nurses ,doctors etc... is ignorant as
they are not taught to do this as it is not neccassary to do this practice.

Why? Just because they are not taught this it means we cannot criticize
an inferior method of doing something?

It's also not necessary to use any needle bigger then a 30g for just about
any kind of shot in kids yet you still see doctors doing that.

I don't understand the logic in your comment.

Would be good to see some input from people in this field and their views
on the topic.

Whether sterile or not, reusing needles is not worth the one needle you
save.

1. The needle is majorly blunted with every piercing which will then be
much more painful when you use it for your shot.

2. The more blunt the needle the more tissue damage it does when you
shoot which will result in higher chance of scar tissue etc.

Moral of the story: don't reuse needles. :)

@ kid1dakota

If they don't know because they weren't taught then it isn't their fault at
all. But it doesn't change the fact that it is better to draw and shoot with
separate pins.

I would say that's a fact.
It is strange how 'broscience' has somehow developed a better protocol
then the medical profession.. are you sure this originated on the
boards/internet?

Why? Just because they are not taught this it means we cannot criticize
an inferior method of doing something?

It's also not necessary to use any needle bigger then a 30g for just about
any kind of shot in kids yet you still see doctors doing that.

I don't understand the logic in your comment.

Would be good to see some input from people in this field and their views
on the topic

My whole family is in medicine to some degree.I am in the field.I own a clinic that has me as the chiro,an anesthesiologist doing many many many procedures such as nerve blocks,cortisone injections etc... We have nurses, physical therapy,massage and much more.

My sister is a nurse educator for the largest hospital chain in this part of the country.She used to work at my clinic and gave THOUSANDS of injections.I ordered the supplies.

I have been to D.O. school and took pharmacology and did some injection work there,you were expected to already know procedure ,but we did some stuff that required protocal.

Do you understand the MICRO difference in skin pierce of a needle that has drawn medication and is straight from the package? so minimal scar tissue would be trivial with that small of trauma difference.

You asked me if I am sure this originated on the boards? I haven't seen it in healthcare practice? have you? So a superior method has been developed huh? lol.Yeah okay

I don't know you or what you do for a living but you are clearly not a highly educated practicing healthcare provider.:)

Last edited:
My whole family is in medicine to some degree.I am in the field.I own a clinic that has me as the chiro,an anesthesiologist doing many many many procedures such as nerve blocks,cortisone injections etc... We have nurses, physical therapy,massage and much more.

My sister is a nurse educator for the largest hospital chain in this part of the country.She used to work at my clinic and gave THOUSANDS of injections.I ordered the supplies.

I have been to D.O. school and took pharmacology and did some injection work there,you were expected to already know procedure ,but we did some stuff that required protocal.

Do you understand the MICRO difference in skin pierce of a needle that has drawn medication and is straight from the package? so minimal scar tissue would be trivial with that small of trauma difference.

You asked me if I am sure this originated on the boards? I haven't seen it in healthcare practice? have you? So a superior method has been developed huh? lol.Yeah okay

I don't know you or what you do for a living but you are clearly not educated or a practicing healthcare provider.
you know what they say about opinions?

Im not a healthcare professional but I agree with you 100%. I admit that I used to use a seperate needle for drawing and injection just to be safe about sterility. I guess I was paranoid that a small amount of contaminant or bacteria etc might be on the stopper still and find its way onto the needle. I also did it because I would use a larger 22 gauge needle to draw it (much faster time) and inject with a 23 gauge (easer going in the skin!). Nowadays that im on doc presccribed HRT I just use one single 23 gauge needle to both draw and inject and I notice NO difference in the pain of injection or how hard I must push the needle to get it in the muscle. I agree that the amount of damage to a needle from just penetrating the stopper once is minimal and I cant tell the difference. I think as long as you follow medical protocol and swab both the stopper and your skin with alcohol wipes you are good to go. Ive had zero problems in my 2 years of HRT.
If you want injection problems you have to go back to when I was using UGL gear and got a number of infections over my 10 yrs. One infection was so bad that I had to get out patient surgery to have the diseaed flesh removed. I now have a divet in my ass! Thank goodness it wasnt somewhere like my arm, as at least nobody by my wife sees my ass cheek. So the funny thing is you hear some of us saying to use two needles etc etc, but in the end many of these same folks are using UGL gear and have no idea how clean it is.

Maldorf-Where did your doc recommend you inject for your hrt?

Im not a healthcare professional but I agree with you 100%. I admit that I used to use a seperate needle for drawing and injection just to be safe about sterility. I guess I was paranoid that a small amount of contaminant or bacteria etc might be on the stopper still and find its way onto the needle. I also did it because I would use a larger 22 gauge needle to draw it (much faster time) and inject with a 23 gauge (easer going in the skin!). Nowadays that im on doc presccribed HRT I just use one single 23 gauge needle to both draw and inject and I notice NO difference in the pain of injection or how hard I must push the needle to get it in the muscle. I agree that the amount of damage to a needle from just penetrating the stopper once is minimal and I cant tell the difference. I think as long as you follow medical protocol and swab both the stopper and your skin with alcohol wipes you are good to go. Ive had zero problems in my 2 years of HRT.
If you want injection problems you have to go back to when I was using UGL gear and got a number of infections over my 10 yrs. One infection was so bad that I had to get out patient surgery to have the diseaed flesh removed. I now have a divet in my ass! Thank goodness it wasnt somewhere like my arm, as at least nobody by my wife sees my ass cheek. So the funny thing is you hear some of us saying to use two needles etc etc, but in the end many of these same folks are using UGL gear and have no idea how clean it is.

Yeah,If I weren't involved in healthcare I would probably buy into the whole needle switching thing also.But it really just isn't neccassary.

Your right if someone is injecting gear that is not straight from the pharmacy then trivial amounts of scar tissue may turn out to be the least of their worries. :(

Not trying to slam health care professionals but I must state this.
There are some that are excellent, some far from it.Just because a person was able to obtain a degree does not ensure competence. The worst injections I have ever had were performed by nurses or doctors. Nothing worse than receiving a shot performed incorrectly. Large bruise excess bleeding ect.
I had a nurse trying to give me an IV inj. I am watching her start to inj as I am telling her you are not in the vein. She just smiled and pushed the plunger as I watched a big bubble raise under my skin. I appreciate good health care professionals and I do have an outstanding gp. Health care professionals are just people that are in that line of work. They are not gods , or better than the homeless guy I handed 5 bucks this morning. There are so many that should not be in the health care field but it is a lucrative trade.
Remember a short time ago "medical professionals" stated in print aas do not enhance athletic performance. I too would draw with a 23g and inj with the same needle for a weekly trt shot. If shots were frequent common sense
would dictate fresh sharp needles would cause less scar tissue build up over time.

Last edited:

I don't know you or what you do for a living but you are clearly not a highly educated practicing healthcare provider.:)

So you are an MD? I see you are an anesthesiologist. That is a broad spectrum of medical knowledge. Chiro and MD. That is impressive but your
assumption that there is never a better way than what you have been taught is not.Have a nice day Doc...

i wiped the needle once. the alcohol on the needle burned like hell when it went in because of it

You can not be fucking serious. A doctor almost never draws and injects with the same needle.

Wow, that would be a first for me. Ive never seen anyone in health care do that. I dont think its a bad practice, but I do think that it is uneeded. I never do it now with my HRT and Im doing great.

simple

This is what my doctor did and instructed me to do . . .

Clean injection site with alcohol.

Clean top of vial stopper with alcohol.

Draw with a 20g needle.

Change to a smaller diameter needle, 23g for injection.

Inject. (Increase or decrease dosages gradually over time
as sudden changes, plus or minus, can produce “adverse”
consequences.)

Wipe injection site after with alcohol.

Bandage.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Cleaning the top of vial stopper with alcohol after drawing
is something I do; was not told to do.

I am prescribed one syringe with 20g needle attached, another
prescription for 23g for injection. And of course another for
testosterone.

Status