over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1 month expired insulin

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I started using the humalog I had sitting in my fridge on impulse a few weeks ago when I came off my blast to a 150mg test HRT dose and 5iu rips. I have noticed that I am able to eat very few carbs per iu without going hypo. As a test, I shot 15iu and cooked rice and waited a while before eating it to see if I would get hypo symptoms (nobody should try this fyi). I ended up getting hypo but ate 73g of carbs from jasmine rice and hypo went away.

This either tells me
a) somehow my insulin resistance became really bad all of a sudden

or

b) the potency of the insulin isn't where it should be

I could just order more, but it's not that cheap ordering online from the US. I also dislike Humalin R so forget about that.

Anyone know the deal as far as expired insulin goes? It has been in my fridge the whole time since I got it

1 month shouldnt really effect it

It also wasn't sealed because I had used the same vial several months ago.

Lilly recommends using an opened bottle of Humulin R for 4 weeks, Humalog for 4 weeks, and Humulin N for only 1 week, whether refrigerated or at room temperature.

Lilly recommends using an opened bottle of Humulin R for 4 weeks, Humalog for 4 weeks, and Humulin N for only 1 week, whether refrigerated or at room temperature.

I'm aware of that, but to be honest, I don't put much stock in what the manufacturer recommends.

my log is about 4 months old

still as strong as the day i got ti i take it with a meal if i dont do a drink at the 2 hour mark I am hypo that fast. and almost again at the 3.5 mark but much less so.

I just looked at it again my Eli Lilly Novalog was made 3-12 and expired 8-12 So its 6 weeks expired

Last edited:
my log is about 4 months old

still as strong as the day i got ti i take it with a meal if i dont do a drink at the 2 hour mark I am hypo that fast. and almost again at the 3.5 mark but much less so.

I just looked at it again my Eli Lilly Novalog was made 3-12 and expired 8-12 So its 6 weeks expired

That's the exact date my humalog expired. Was the cap open on yours or was it sealed?

That's the exact date my humalog expired. Was the cap open on yours or was it sealed?

everything was sealed and in the box, i refr it. ofcourse
I think its from turkey ????

I wont lie... I ran a whole bottle of nov-r, so a handful of months like 5+, usually pWO and I kept it in my cool dark bathroom drawer, but still not in the fridge... the shit never degraded to a noticeable amount to my knowledge...

I had a handful of times after so many weeks on going where I would do a controlled dose like on a rest day just randomly... drop 15-20iu to see the reaction and with the use of like skittles or other quick candies I learned I did NOT get a tolerance or did it noticeable degraded for what its worth... keeping your levels stable and in range on 20ius over 5/6hours is a pain in the ass tho btw if your one your off days and forced to keep track of time etc for the carb loading,.I like to be lazy thats why i say that LOL) you know lily or etc just wants to rape you for cash saying a vial only last a month once seals broke.. if your careful and take care of your drugs you dont need to fall into one of their traps..keep it cool dark and/or refrigerated if you must... either way my bathroom drawer works just as well.

Last edited:
Slin is good for a year after long as it is kept in fridge..

Your senssitivy must be getting effected..

Have you tested your GH.. I perosnAlly believe a lot of GH going around is. Mix of peps.

Have you tested your GH.. I perosnAlly believe a lot of GH going around is. Mix of peps.

Why do you believe this?

i've used slin that was in the fridge for many months after opening and its still good as day 1

everything was sealed and in the box, i refr it. ofcourse
I think its from turkey ????

Mine isn't sealed because I've used it before, so it's not really the same thing.

I wont lie... I ran a whole bottle of nov-r, so a handful of months like 5+, usually pWO and I kept it in my cool dark bathroom drawer, but still not in the fridge... the shit never degraded to a noticeable amount to my knowledge...

I had a handful of times after so many weeks on going where I would do a controlled dose like on a rest day just randomly... drop 15-20iu to see the reaction and with the use of like skittles or other quick candies I learned I did NOT get a tolerance or did it noticeable degraded for what its worth... keeping your levels stable and in range on 20ius over 5/6hours is a pain in the ass tho btw if your one your off days and forced to keep track of time etc for the carb loading,.I like to be lazy thats why i say that LOL) you know lily or etc just wants to rape you for cash saying a vial only last a month once seals broke.. if your careful and take care of your drugs you dont need to fall into one of their traps..keep it cool dark and/or refrigerated if you must... either way my bathroom drawer works just as well.

Good to hear, thanks.

nah I use rips from the provider. I'm not worried

Yea I'm not sure why my sensitivity is so bad right now

i've used slin that was in the fridge for many months after opening and its still good as day 1

Ok this is good info. I mean I still went hypo when I purposely didn't consume carbs but still, I don't know if it takes more iu's to go hypo if it's degraded. Not sure how it works.

i

Last edited:
Mine isn't sealed because I've used it before, so it's not really the same thing.

Good to hear, thanks.

nah I use rips from the provider. I'm not worried

Yea I'm not sure why my sensitivity is so bad right now

Ok this is good info. I mean I still went hypo when I purposely didn't consume carbs but still, I don't know if it takes more iu's to go hypo if it's degraded. Not sure how it works.
I missunderstoood mine I opened in march didnt use it when I went on cycle then wen i got off cycle i started the slin again the same vial from march
I stll have about 3 mls. left

As others have stated, when I used to use slin I would only run it for 2 weeks when coming off cycle, 3 times a week 10ius, so a 3ml vial would last forever. mine would spend half its time in the fridge and half its time in my gym bag traveling to and from the gym ready for usage!

It never degraded and was always as strong from the 1st shot to the last!!!

If youve been running slin for a long time I would question your insulin sensitivity?

Stew:cool:

I have been on insulin for 15 years because I am type 1 diabetic. I do not believe companies that say it expires after a certain time. if it is opened yes I would not leave it hanging around for a long period of time. make sure you keep it in fridge no matter what. my insulin tips are only good for a year. I have used them 3 or 4 years passed exp date. don't always believe exp dates

As others have stated, when I used to use slin I would only run it for 2 weeks when coming off cycle, 3 times a week 10ius, so a 3ml vial would last forever. mine would spend half its time in the fridge and half its time in my gym bag traveling to and from the gym ready for usage!

It never degraded and was always as strong from the 1st shot to the last!!!

If youve been running slin for a long time I would question your insulin sensitivity?

Stew:cool:

Cool good to know. I've been using it for 2 weeks now. Last time I used it was in March and I'd go hypo easily, which was a good thing in my eyes. I bought some cinnamon tabs two days ago so I'm using a bunch of those to see if it helps. I don't have any metformin left and don't feel like getting more. I think I'll be fine for now

Can you freeze slin?

Why aren't you using a blood glucose meter? I have lin-R that's 1 year past exp date that works.

Can you freeze slin?

Yes. Better question to ask is should you. No. Once frozen, it's junk.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws