over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

$10k To Invest?!

Lookin back Bitcoin would have been huge
to risky for me if theres a up theres a down

Im a brick and mortar type of guy...I like brick and mortar....I feel its the safest investment but....

I was one of the first guys in lending club back in the day and made about 16% on my money ( i would not recommend lending club now as its become a little bit sketchy...but back in the day it was pretty incredible as an investment vehicle )

Ive invested in movie productions and made a good grip of money, Ive lent money out more than a few times in a pretty rock solid strategy (deed on real estate as collateral)....did that first time for
1) 21k and got 34k back
2) 50k and got 75k back
3) currently loaning out 150k over 4 years and getting 250k back

Im all about property though....thats where i always look for steals and right now its hard to find them because people are being idiots paying 25% over what real estate is worth but i was able to get a few properties on the timing and wheeling dealing.....and i still feel brick and mortar is always the safest bet if you do your homework

Everyone and their brother recommends i invest in bitcoin and enthereum but man it just seems like it is playing blackjack a little bit to me.....yes it has soared....yes it looks almost too good to be true but there is alot of shakiness going on with it and i just personally dont feel safe about it....besides i feel like im late to the party with it and i might be absolutely totally wrong on this one...and it could pan out....but i kind of go by my intuition on alot of things.

Im not an active trader and the best investment vehicle ive found has been betterment.com which invests your money in vanguard funds and its all done by computer algorithm. Ive made 47 thousand since Trump became President in betterment.com (thats not a very long time)......I have two investment accounts...one with a high falutin reknowned Morgan Stanley advisor and one with set it up and let the computer run it for you Betterment.com ......Betterment.com has beaten the pants off of the high falutin Morgan Stanley advisor and almost every single poll ive seen these algorithm investing strategies are beating the individual advisors. Betterment is automatic for taxes, and has this great loss strategy where the algorithm will sell and buy quickly to stave off any losses (this is very hard to explain in a short post but study it yourself....if your not a hands on trader which I am not and prefer to put it in and leave it.....this might be your ticket).....you can review betterment.com and see people raving about it left and right online...its very hard to find anything negative about it (the only people who dont like it is advisors who lose their jobs/money to the computer that is beating them anyway) and do it yourself people who again "like to do it all themself".....i dont have time for that...i want to put it in something with my best interest in mind so i like the way this site does it.

One thing you might want to do though....things are kind of volatile right now.....thats why bitcoin scares the shit out of me....everything shouts "bubble about to burst" to me with bitcoin (and again i could be dead stone wrong on that) but you might want to be very prudent with your money right now and invest with things that are not going to reap you incredible rewards but are incredibly safe.

Last edited:
VR and social platforms.

Facebook but for the long haul.

i don't have much money but i still put some money in stock, fund and insurance, im not hoping it bring me large profit but it teaches me how to manage my money

Collateral - backed lending is extremely profitable and very safe. Double digit gain is the norm and money is tied up for only 6 - 12 months (usually 12). You know exactly what yield will be up front and lending is diversified risk is as close to zero as possible.

betterment

DC
What % return did you make since Trump elected? was that better than the S&P 500? Thanks for the information. Sounds interesting. I like Vanguard a lot.

If only we all knew to invest in amazon 10+ years ago..if only.

My mutual funds have soared since Trump has been elected..unfortunately I know "the powers that be" will cause a crash soon.

It will be bad..very bad. Im starting to agree with the Zero Hedge guys that say invest heavily in Precious metals, food storage, and ammo. Be prepared folks...

put 5500k into a roth ira

the rest put towards your house depending on the interest rate, guaranteed 100% safe saving on the interest you pay.

If the home loan interest rate is pretty low, under 4% you can put money into a mutual fund and hope it beats what ever your home loan interest rate is.

I personally invest in the following priority

#1 roth IRA
#2 home loan
#3 mutual fund
#4 stocks
#5 a few grand into various crypto currencies

So far buying AMD stock 2 years ago at $3 turned out to be the best investment I've ever made, currently its at $12, just wish i bough more at the $3 as I could've bough double what I did

Last edited:
Warren Buffet one of if not the greatest investors in history suggests that mutual/indexed funds are a good/best investment for most people.

u could donate to the little slice anti bullying foundation :sta;-wars

Jack-off, you're one of the reasons I started this thread...You been running around preaching ETH and Ripple (from your posts you appear to have a good head and understanding on it)! Speak fucker...Who, what, where, when, how and why:cool::p

Im not an active trader and the best investment vehicle ive found has been betterment.com which invests your money in vanguard funds and its all done by computer algorithm. Ive made 47 thousand since Trump became President in betterment.com (thats not a very long time)......I have two investment accounts...one with a high falutin reknowned Morgan Stanley advisor and one with set it up and let the computer run it for you Betterment.com ......Betterment.com has beaten the pants off of the high falutin Morgan Stanley advisor and almost every single poll ive seen these algorithm investing strategies are beating the individual advisors. Betterment is automatic for taxes, and has this great loss strategy where the algorithm will sell and buy quickly to stave off any losses (this is very hard to explain in a short post but study it yourself....if your not a hands on trader which I am not and prefer to put it in and leave it.....this might be your ticket).....you can review betterment.com and see people raving about it left and right online...its very hard to find anything negative about it (the only people who dont like it is advisors who lose their jobs/money to the computer that is beating them anyway) and do it yourself people who again "like to do it all themself".....i dont have time for that...i want to put it in something with my best interest in mind so i like the way this site does it.

I appreciate everyone's input so far...Much of it I have heard from many before. Again I have never had the head/vision for this sort of thing and any time where I thought I should (which actually panned out to be good), I never followed through with because of the paranoia of "what if's?!". I agree, I think we are too late for the btc party (at least not be able to really score there I think...Again could be completely wrong about it like you but, just seems there are too many unknowns in play there?!).

But from everything mentioned so far, I have never heard anyone mention the betterment?! Anything else you can touch on with it...Even if you have some time at some point to shoot me a pm on it a little more?!

I've just seen so much money go through my hands over the years and at the end of the day I always end up back where I started?! Getting too old now for the whisking along with whatever comes attitude! And none of us wants to end up working at Walmart once/if we reach retirement...Time to start getting something in place!

im not really great at explaining all the intricacies of it..... alot of the links on there can explain it much better than i can...but of extreme importance is the tax loss harvesting

https://www.betterment.com/tax-loss-harvesting/

https://www.betterment.com/tax-effi...05.1131531769.1496934095-647597637.1494870362

robo-advisors have kind of taken over (i rub it in my morgan stanley guys face all the time because although he objects...the scoreboard doesnt lie....betterment beats him repeatedly)

im not really great at explaining all the intricacies of it..... alot of the links on there can explain it much better than i can...but of extreme importance is the tax loss harvesting

https://www.betterment.com/tax-loss-harvesting/

https://www.betterment.com/tax-effi...05.1131531769.1496934095-647597637.1494870362

robo-advisors have kind of taken over (i rub it in my morgan stanley guys face all the time because although he objects...the scoreboard doesnt lie....betterment beats him repeatedly)

Thanks man...Had just sent you a pm.

Brick and Mortar has always made me feel uber comfortable. its seeable and feelable. If you are very savvy and find the right properties to buy and rent out....i dont think of a better winning strategy.

What could possibly be better than really doing your homework and finding a 300 thousand dollar house that needs some TLC that you or your network can get a awesome deal on that TLC....the house hypothetically is worth 400k fixed up but you being the real crafty investor buy it for 300k and put some hard work yourself and little money spent to make it worthy to rent for a family.

So here is the basic scenario....you guy a house that is worth 400 thousand dollars for 60 thousand (yes 20% down on a 300k purchase price) and you let a renter pay your mortgage for you (with maybe 100-200 dollars extra coming to you per month)

So you just basically acquired a 400k house for 60k (and let someone else pay it off for you over the years)

I dont know a better investment than that if you repeat it over and over again and let someone else pay off houses for you

Last edited:
Brick and Mortar has always made me feel uber comfortable. its seeable and feelable. If you are very savvy and find the right properties to buy and rent out....i dont think of a better winning strategy.

What could possibly be better than really doing your homework and finding a 300 thousand dollar house that needs some TLC that you or your network can get a awesome deal on that TLC....the house hypothetically is worth 400k fixed up but you being the real crafty investor buy it for 300k and put some hard work yourself and little money spent to make it worthy to rent for a family.

So here is the basic scenario....you guy a house that is worth 400 thousand dollars for 60 thousand (yes 20% down on a 300k purchase price) and you let a renter pay your mortgage for you (with maybe 100-200 dollars extra coming to you per month)

So you just basically acquired a 400k house for 60k (and let someone else pay it off for you over the years)

I dont know a better investment than that if you repeat it over and over again and let someone else pay off houses for you

Ive always loved this strategy. BRRR right? Buy, rehab, rent and refinance? It all depends on getting a good tenant and getting a good deal at the beginning no?

Many other people had that same thought and went bankrupt in the recession. It's not a bad strategy at all, but you are at the mercy of many uncontrollable factors. When the housing bubble burst, the economy tanked and many people lost their jobs. Many renters lost their jobs and no longer paid their rent or moved out, the homeowner had to now cover the mortgage payments as they couldn't find renters. This is "doable" if you have a couple of these houses and for a short time, but if you have a lot of homes and you don't have a lot of liquid assets, it could be disastrous.

The banks were allowing loans to people who shouldnt have gotten those loans. People were buying properties for way more than they were worth (kind of like right now). The people who were acting like millionaires when they were thousandaires...and the banks that were lending money to anyone and everyone were a main cog in that.

Im not suggesting buying properties in non rental areas at all. {Myself i buy properties in twos well to do sections of San Diego Im very familiar with}....one is near the Pendleton Military base....you cannot even list a nice neighborhood house for rent near the Pendleton Military base without being inundated with families wanting to rent...the military is never going away....thats going to be there thru the test of time. There has to be some smarts going into buying real estate also. Buying a house for a steal in north dakota for 75k....isnt going to be anything but a huge risk. Id personally much rather own brick and mortar in a recession (and be smart about it) than have it tied up in investments i have far less control over

I love your posts on real estate Dante. Very informative yet easy to understand.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws