over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

140/108 bp

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I jist went to donate and was rejected due to this. My bp is never high. Late 30s, 510 185-190, not a bodybuilder, very low bf year round, cardio 45min 4x a week.

400mg test A week ,3iu gh, 3400 calories per day.

Past 2 months I have made some job changes in a very stressful field to earn more $. This weekend I had bed bugs so spent an entire day throwing most of my belongings into the dumpster in the pouring rain. Poor sleep for over a month ( I guess due to stress and the bedbugs). Phone got wet disposing of my belongings so was stressed without a phone for a day

So to summarize, been under a ton of stress.

Would you chalk the high BP up to stress or should I be concerned? Red cross nurse said most likely stress (also been drinking 3 energy drinks per day, dumb I Know) and I don't need to do anything other than relax given my situation, just come back next week.

I finally got some sleep last night and feel great, so was shocked my bp was this high.

Any thoughts on course of action? My pulse was 80 which is a little high for me.

Do
You have a bp monitor at home? Best bet would be to check it three times daily over the course of the next few days and see if there was a pattern, or if it was an isolated incident. It could very well be stress….but it also might not.

Do
You have a bp monitor at home? Best bet would be to check it three times daily over the course of the next few days and see if there was a pattern, or if it was an isolated incident. It could very well be stress….but it also might not.
I've never had one because my BP has been fine since I lowered my dosages and changed my physique goals away from bodybuilding. Typically when I would use 200mg test 200 tren I'd be fine.

I've never had one because my BP has been fine since I lowered my dosages and changed my physique goals away from bodybuilding. Typically when I would use 200mg test 200 tren I'd be fine.
They’re not as accurate, but is there a drug store you could hit once a day or so for the next 3 days to see what it’s doing?

did they use the right size sleeve? you'd think that the morons would know that a small sleeve on a big arm is going to give an inaccurate reading, but apparently they don't

Cut you caffeine intake big time and up your water intake. That will help drop BP down immediately. Reducing your stress will be a bit harder and more of a long term goal.

Good luck brother.

did they use the right size sleeve? you'd think that the morons would know that a small sleeve on a big arm is going to give an inaccurate reading, but apparently they don't
I'm not sure, I'm not that big but usually places use the bigger sleeve. They took it 3 x . Never been rejected at this red cross before. One of the people that took it was the guy who took it 8 weeks ago. Was in a rush to get there and slammed a monster on the way for what it's worth.

A few years ago I remember getting a blood pressure on a guy in his mid 20's (thin, in good shape, no hx of HBP) who happened to be drinking an energy drink at the time. Came back 170's/90's. By contrast, I had a lady (early 30's, thin) in my office that liked to drink those too and I got her BP after drinking one, just out of curiosity, and it was perfectly normal. I would guess that the energy drink played a role, but obviously BP can be influenced by many different factors. It could have been a combination of all the stressors that you mentioned.

Your Systolic pressure (140) isn't too awful, but your Diastolic (108) is quite alarming IMO (I'm NOT a MD). I would agree with HH on a home BP monitor. I would try to take it at the same time each day. Upon waking usually works the best because that's when people are normally the least stressed. Good luck.

Conversely, I've had patients with normal arms tell me to use the bigger cuffs on them because that's what they use at their doctors' office and it's lower (duh).

I jist went to donate and was rejected due to this. My bp is never high. Late 30s, 510 185-190, not a bodybuilder, very low bf year round, cardio 45min 4x a week.

Past 2 months I have made some job changes in a very stressful field to earn more $. This weekend I had bed bugs so spent an entire day throwing most of my belongings into the dumpster in the pouring rain. Poor sleep for over a month ( I guess due to stress and the bedbugs). Phone got wet disposing of my belongings so was stressed without a phone for a day

Would you chalk the high BP up to stress or should I be concerned? Red cross nurse said most likely stress (also been drinking 3 energy drinks per day, dumb I Know) and I don't need to do anything other than relax given my situation, just come back next week.

I finally got some sleep last night and feel great, so was shocked my bp was this high.

Any thoughts on course of action? My pulse was 80 which is a little high for me.
Bro don't stress it more by worrying. If you know normally it's good.then it's all the shit you been though recently. If it was something that's been happening for a while it's different. I wouldn't even worry now

One time I worked a nightshift +4h OT so a 16 hour shift,

I forgot I had a dr appointment that afternoon….I was on adderral, a can of Copenhagen, god knows how much coffee. I was like 160/100.

Take it in the morning before you get all flustered 3 days in a row then asses

Every time I go to any of my doctors my blood pressure is high .I never have high blood pressure even on blast
I told my doctor this
And when I get home or in a cvs it's always normal .my doctor told me that's called bla bla I can't remember the name now.she said some people just knowing they are the doctors their blood pressure goes up because your nerves even though you may not feel nervous. She said the adrenaline makes it go up
At the er hospital I've been in for throwing up constantly which turned out to be either stomach virus or my diverticulitis attack and my blood pressure is high and they know I don't have high blood pressure or take meds for it and they tell me its ok.that's just because you been throwing up so much you're pressure goes up because of the body being stressed also if it diverticulitis its because of the pain is so bad that you stress the body and it raises the blood pressure

Every time I go to any of my doctors my blood pressure is high .I never have high blood pressure even on blast
I told my doctor this
And when I get home or in a cvs it's always normal .my doctor told me that's called bla bla I can't remember the name now.she said some people just knowing they are the doctors their blood pressure goes up because your nerves even though you may not feel nervous. She said the adrenaline makes it go up
At the er hospital I've been in for throwing up constantly which turned out to be either stomach virus or my diverticulitis attack and my blood pressure is high and they know I don't have high blood pressure or take meds for it and they tell me its ok.that's just because you been throwing up so much you're pressure goes up because of the body being stressed also if it diverticulitis its because of the pain is so bad that you stress the body and it raises the blood pressure

they call it 'white coat syndrome', the anxiety you experience both from whatever you're experiencing at the time coupled with what you're anticipating may be wrong with you

but for us, I feel a more structured approach is necessary with blood pressure. again, you'd think that it would be common knowledge that a person with a larger arm may impede accuracy against someone with an 'average' arm. I've had nurses act like complete idiots in regards to this, I'm not sure why they don't teach these things

You should definitely be concerned if you're walking around like that, especially with the diastolic value (108).

How long have you been on rhGH? It increases pulse pressure (systolic, 140) considerably due to sodium retention, and thereby increases plasma volume (increased sodium retention in blood), but tends to dissipate. There are some meds like Ibuprofen that can dissipate the renin-angiotensin activation.

Your diastolic is lethal if chronically elevated. If it's 100+ at home with 3 calm measures, you might go to the ER, even.

Take your blood pressure relaxed at three times a day for 3 days. Take average reading. You should stop those energy drinks immediately. Nevermind, you didn't mention Diet habits. I agree with Type IIx, your diastolic number is alarming. You better get that under control.

Mine was high like that for awhile.

-I added cardio 4x/ week. I just do the Rogue "50 cal challenge" on the echo bike after my workout. It takes a minute or so and I try to beat my previous time each day. Talk about being fucking annihilated after a workout.
-1 carditone each morning
-5mg telmisartan before bed (I cut the 10mg tab in half.

BP went from a consistent 140/95 to a consistent 115/75 within a couple of weeks.

You're in good shape but what does your blood work say about hematocrit?
Test A is "rough" as it's in and out of your system so fast and GH will add some water and increase pulse.
A lot of stress and in another post you mentioned drinking 3 energy drinks a day...awful for heart health...and one prior to going to the RC.

Drop the energy drinks. You should be able to maintain 185-190lbs on much less test and half the GH dose.
As others have mentioned, track your BP.
Honestly, I think the stress and energy drinks are most likely the culprit. Regarding the hematocrit, when was the last time you donated?

Studies show deep controlled breathing regularly drops BP. When mine is high several controlled breaths which is equivalent to meditation will drop my BP 10-15+ points.

You should definitely be concerned if you're walking around like that, especially with the diastolic value (108).

How long have you been on rhGH? It increases pulse pressure (systolic, 140) considerably due to sodium retention, and thereby increases plasma volume (increased sodium retention in blood), but tends to dissipate. There are some meds like Ibuprofen that can dissipate the renin-angiotensin activation.

Your diastolic is lethal if chronically elevated. If it's 100+ at home with 3 calm measures, you might go to the ER, even.

I have been on gh about a year, never had any issues. I feel fine physically, actually great since I got sleep the past 2 weeks after being deprived for over a month due to the bed bugs I didn't know I had.

I have felt chest pressure when I was younger and pushing 230, but since I stopped going for size never had any palapetion, creatinine, blood work has been fine

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear