over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

140/108 bp

You're in good shape but what does your blood work say about hematocrit?
Test A is "rough" as it's in and out of your system so fast and GH will add some water and increase pulse.
A lot of stress and in another post you mentioned drinking 3 energy drinks a day...awful for heart health...and one prior to going to the RC.

Drop the energy drinks. You should be able to maintain 185-190lbs on much less test and half the GH dose.
As others have mentioned, track your BP.
Honestly, I think the stress and energy drinks are most likely the culprit. Regarding the hematocrit, when was the last time you donated?
I typically donate every 8 weeks and it is in range. Back years ago when I kept my bodyweight 220 plus and ran eq and way too much gear my hematocrit was always fine.

The only thing that has been elevated in the past was creatine and some protein in my urine. These were the main reason I stopped trying to go for size and slimmed down to keep myself below 190. To keep the kidneys healthy.

But overall hematocrit has always been fine even when I was too heavy for my frame, using eq, and running too much gear. It was always the kidney numbers that looked bad.

Diet is clean but one more big thing I forgot to mention in the op, I do chew nicotine gum out of habit. Started when I was dieting last year and never gave it up. Probably 10 to 15 x 2mg per day.

Will drop immediately. Typically even with this my bp is fine, but at 110, it needs to go to along with the energy drinks.

Reactions: Bio
-5mg telmisartan before bed (I cut the 10mg tab in half.

BP went from a consistent 140/95 to a consistent 115/75 within a couple of weeks.
You probably mean either 10mg or 20mg Telmisartan (after halving them). There smallest tablets dosage is 20mg.

Cut you caffeine intake big time and up your water intake. That will help drop BP down immediately. Reducing your stress will be a bit harder and more of a long term goal.

Good luck brother.
Do you think caffeine raises blood pressure some studies say no .

Do you think caffeine raises blood pressure some studies say no .
It does increase heart rate. Not 100% sure about blood pressure. A high dose can cause arrhythmias.

You're right, that's my bad. I plan on quartering the tabs to get down to 5mg starting next week
May I ask why? The minimum effective dosage according to studies seems to be at 20mg. 10mg wont do much. I bet the carditone is doing a great job.

It does increase heart rate. Not 100% sure about blood pressure. A high dose can cause arrhythmias.
It does for me. But as my cardiologist told me, its not the caffeeine itself. It just leads to a higher heart rate and inner stress. If you drink the a lot of caffee that can lead to an inner rush feeling which for a lot of people over time leads to stress that can build up and stress is one of the known factors for high blood pressure. I myself have that problem. Its mostly the isolated systolic blood pressure form for me that comes with the caffeeine induced stress.

May I ask why? The minimum effective dosage according to studies seems to be at 20mg. 10mg wont do much. I bet the carditone is doing a great job.
I found that the minimum dose for me to get the results I want is 10mg. I plan on cutting it to 5mg soon and hopefully eliminating it all together in the near future, if I can.
The ultimate goal is to eliminate having to use the drug altogether.

I jist went to donate and was rejected due to this. My bp is never high. Late 30s, 510 185-190, not a bodybuilder, very low bf year round, cardio 45min 4x a week.

400mg test A week ,3iu gh, 3400 calories per day.

Past 2 months I have made some job changes in a very stressful field to earn more $. This weekend I had bed bugs so spent an entire day throwing most of my belongings into the dumpster in the pouring rain. Poor sleep for over a month ( I guess due to stress and the bedbugs). Phone got wet disposing of my belongings so was stressed without a phone for a day

So to summarize, been under a ton of stress.

Would you chalk the high BP up to stress or should I be concerned? Red cross nurse said most likely stress (also been drinking 3 energy drinks per day, dumb I Know) and I don't need to do anything other than relax given my situation, just come back next week.

I finally got some sleep last night and feel great, so was shocked my bp was this high.

Any thoughts on course of action? My pulse was 80 which is a little high for me.
One reading is a snapshot in time and really shouldn't be a diagnosis of hypertension. You really need a BP monitor at home so you can check at all different times of the day to see what it really is.

Also, they may not have used a large enough arm cuff assuming you have a large arm, which can falsely elevate BP readings by a lot. This has happened to me a lot and I always have to tell them to use the large cuff before they snap it on my arm. Don't assume they are trained to know any better.

Also, they may not have used a large enough arm cuff assuming you have a large arm, which can falsely elevate BP readings by a lot. This has happened to me a lot and I always have to tell them to use the large cuff before they snap it on my arm. Don't assume they are trained to know any better.
What did those false readings look like? Were they completely off or just a few points? Im wondering if my cuff is too small or my omron is about to give up after 3 years of use.

What did those false readings look like? Were they completely off or just a few points? Im wondering if my cuff is too small or my omron is about to give up after 3 years of use.
They were off by over 20 points. I'd wait a few minutes and then they'd use the large cuff and boom, blood pressure goes from hypertensive to excellent. Huge difference.

They were off by over 20 points. I'd wait a few minutes and then they'd use the large cuff and boom, blood pressure goes from hypertensive to excellent. Huge difference.
If the cuff is too big, you get a low reading. I've seen it. The cuff has to be just right. In most cases when it doesn't fit right,, the cuff is too small.

Don't flex your arm when measuring.

Most of us I think need large adult. Xtra large is too big. Remember that's with your arm not flexed, flaccid.

Here is what I use now. I just took my bp with it. I got 120/76. Then I used my automated Omron and it recorded 122/71. So some automated are pretty accurate. My bp could probably vary that much between readings.

Size large ADC cuff and Littman stethoscope.

20211103_105244.jpg

If the cuff is too big, you get a low reading. I've seen it. The cuff has to be just right. In most cases when it doesn't fit right,, the cuff is too small.
Yes this has been my experience as well.

I made a shocking discovery a few years ago after reading the proper way to take my BP. I noticed that the example in the instruction booklet had the persons hand relaxed and completely opened. Well don't know why I use to do this other than it just felt natural to me, when I would have my BP taken I would clench my fist. I did this my entire life, and I was never once told by any doctor or nurse to not do that. I double checked the booklet, and it stated to get an accurate reading your hand needed to be open and relaxed. I ran some at home experiments taking my BP the correct way, and the way I use to with a clenched fist. And the difference is insane. Anywhere from 10-15 mm hg increase on both systolic and diastolic.

I use wrist BP monitors, they are the most accurate in my opinion, for my body type. Still to this day when ever I get my BP taken by a doctor or nurse they use the wrong cuff. If your bicep is larger than 17 inches, which mine is the recommended cuff size is an adult thigh cuff. They never have this cuff, they have 3 sizes everywhere I go, small adult, adult, and large adult, never do they use the correct cuff which will dramatically skew your BP.

Adults (by arm circumference)​
22 to 26 cm​
12 × 22 cm (small adult)​
27 to 34 cm​
16 × 30 cm (adult)​
35 to 44 cm​
16 × 36 cm (large adult)​
45 to 52 cm​
16 × 42 cm (adult thigh)​

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads