advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2023 European Heart Journal paper: Optimal systolic blood pressure <100-110 mmHg

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
“Several population-based studies have demonstrated that SBP levels currently considered normal (<130 mmHg) are not safe, and in fact, there is a graded increase in CVD risk as SBP increases beyond 90 mmHg.4–7 Whelton et al .6 found that the amount of coronary artery calcium and the risk of incident atherosclerotic CVD increase with increasing SBP levels, even in individuals with SBP 90–120 mmHg. In fact, mounting evidence has made it abundantly clear that so-called high normal BP levels (120–129 mmHg) are associated with a significant increase in incident CVD compared with SBP levels of 90–100 mmHg. This connection may be much more pronounced in yet to be identified subgroups. This means that CVD risk starts even when SBP is a long way below 130/80 mmHg, which is the current threshold used to diagnose and define hypertension.8 Therefore, the guideline-based definition of normal BP does not provide freedom from CVD risk. Without a doubt, SBP of 120–130 mmHg is a harbinger of significant chronic disease burden and portends a poor prognosis. Overall, CVD risk appears to be independently associated with SBP levels, starting at 90 mmHg.“

Hell mine won't be that low when I'm dead lol.
Mine is consistently around 108/65 (without anabolics) on average with healthy lifestyle, 40mg Telmisartan, and 5mg Nebivolol. I would worry about dropping my diastolic number too low if I tried to drive it down more so I’ll keep things the way they are.

How large a percentage of the population passes this test, did the article say (lazy bastard). And which populations does this apply to, everyone? I'm thinking for example how they say black people have other cut-offs for normal BP and other things. I'm somehow thinking this goal will not happen unless the population loses a large amount of bodyweight and that's probably not going to happen. Or are they going to force so much medication to get to those numbers?

“Several population-based studies have demonstrated that SBP levels currently considered normal (<130 mmHg) are not safe, and in fact, there is a graded increase in CVD risk as SBP increases beyond 90 mmHg.4–7 Whelton et al .6 found that the amount of coronary artery calcium and the risk of incident atherosclerotic CVD increase with increasing SBP levels, even in individuals with SBP 90–120 mmHg. In fact, mounting evidence has made it abundantly clear that so-called high normal BP levels (120–129 mmHg) are associated with a significant increase in incident CVD compared with SBP levels of 90–100 mmHg. This connection may be much more pronounced in yet to be identified subgroups. This means that CVD risk starts even when SBP is a long way below 130/80 mmHg, which is the current threshold used to diagnose and define hypertension.8 Therefore, the guideline-based definition of normal BP does not provide freedom from CVD risk. Without a doubt, SBP of 120–130 mmHg is a harbinger of significant chronic disease burden and portends a poor prognosis. Overall, CVD risk appears to be independently associated with SBP levels, starting at 90 mmHg.“

I’m sure there is some validity and benefit to this for “the average population”.

But for someone carrying around muscle mass I still believe that 120-130 is an ideal number.

I think regardless of BP guys should make screening more of a priority as CAD, etc can present far before BP increases.

Thanks for the share. 😊

Generally, under 130 systolic, you're good, especially with regular cardio. (Under 150/100 ideally for shorter periods; on cycle, etc)

I would be cautious with recommendations from some publications that can often be overzealous.

For example, a few years back the LDL range in lab work was changed to anything over 100 being HIGH, which is completely ridiculous. Most healthy human beings will NOT have LDL under 100 without taking statins or eating some kind of vegan diet. I believe the old range used to flag LDL over 130 as high which is more reasonable.

It's very easy to push big pharma drugs once you change ranges like that. Pretty much everyone you know can be recommended a statin with this criteria. You start dropping BP recommendation to 100 mmhg, you will see the same with BP meds.

This^

@luki7788 is a smart motherfucker
Just to echo this. Let’s not forget the new regulations that Europe put on statins back in 2021. This paper only pushes people further into these categories. 🤔

This^

@luki7788 is a smart motherfucker
Just to echo this. Let’s not forget the new regulations that Europe put on statins back in 2021. This paper only pushes people further into these categories. 🤔

Fortunately🙏🏻 there are still people in this stupid world who think and do not listen to everything the media says and go in the herd with the rest of the sheep

Starting at least around 2018 I saw U.S. sources stating that 120 was the beginning of "elevated BP":

80 Telmisartan 5mg Nebivolol 10,000 steps daily.
132/60. Feels bad man. If I go any higher on my meds my bottom number gets dangerously low. My high blood pressure seems isolated to top number.

i went to er 3 days ago 135/80 at 5"8 probably now and she was like oh its great ! sure because its not 160 right now lets throw a party and assume the last 10 years I've been on bp med cured me since im off and strangely I dont have anxiety at office making points jump. I was actually chill. and they gave me no script. even know 10 years of on file script vs 2 months off. i hate doctors and cops yes i said it

Even when I was over 250 lbs and using quite a bit of gear for me at least mine was always 110/80. Never used any meds for it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity