advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

22 Years in prison steroid distribution.

sassbs11

Registered
WTF? I just read in a certain persons blog (you know who) that a guy who ran anabolic-superstore was sentenced to 22 years in prison for steroid distribution because his friends ratted him out but i searched elsewhere and it seems the guy in question was sentenced to only 22 months. Anyone have any more info on this? Surely no one can be sentenced to 22 years for this type of crime.

It was 22 months, not 22 years. The articles online and local newspapers are wrong.

WTF? I just read in a certain persons blog (you know who) that a guy who ran anabolic-superstore was sentenced to 22 years in prison for steroid distribution because his friends ratted him out but i searched elsewhere and it seems the guy in question was sentenced to only 22 months.

Well, look at the source that gave out the info :rolleyes:

Well, look at the source that gave out the info :rolleyes:

Exactly what i was thinking.:D Hes made a half page post of how hes nearly 100% sure that his friends ratted him out because why else would he get 22 years? AR makes me laugh my head off. Hes read a post wrong of 22 years instead of 22 months, makes assumptions then posts in his blog. Damn i dont believe a word he says, hes always going on about his contacts? GOOGLE. HA HA weve all got google.

I dont think anyone has ever done any more than 5years for aas if aas was all that was involved and even they were usually repeat offenders.

The max time you can serve as of now is 5 years, which can be doubled if you sell to minors.

They are or were trying to increase the penalties to 10 years and then that number could be doubled for selling to minors. I read about this measure not too long ago but I don't know what happpened with it. It may have never even been voted on. But the point remains that there are people out there who want it passed. I mean the US does need to keep those prisons full after all.

22years instead of 22 months, big gap, figure he would do a little more research before stating that, if i was one of the guys friends i would be pissed for stating an assumption based on no facts

22 mos is still long time........

You got that right. I did nine months on a one year bid. It was nine long months. 22 months is two months short of two years....It might seem like a short time to just say it, or compared to 5 years, but it's still a long time.

and fed time or not, time is time. You never get it back.

Something the paper doesn't talk about is how having this felony conviction affects their lives. The guy being sentenced next month is (was) a school teacher with mad IT skillz. He's been hired and fired from three $60K+ a year jobs over the past year. He gets hired on by a decent company as a temp IT guy with no bennies and as soon as they offer him a f/t spot, bennies, etc. the background check(pending felony conviction) gets him canned on the spot.

The sad part is that this was no major roid production operation. Over their course of biz they probably moved 1000 bottles of product over a 3 month period. If you do the math, it was hardly worth jail time and crippling their abilities to get a decent job when they get out.

These guys made the mistake of believing that they were the fish that's "too small to fry." Just because roid use is no big deal in their social circles doesn't mean the feds will think otherwise. They found out the hard way I guess???

His sentence was reduced by 6 months due to "extraordinary rehabilitation" from severe cocaine addiction. Good attorney.

The gov needs to change this ridiculus policy. They want people to do well in society yet you gotta put felony down which leads you to no work or work that your just gonna go back to prison for. I think you should only have to mark down anything sexually related, ie rape,sex offender,etc..

Something the paper doesn't talk about is how having this felony conviction affects their lives. The guy being sentenced next month is (was) a school teacher with mad IT skillz. He's been hired and fired from three $60K+ a year jobs over the past year. He gets hired on by a decent company as a temp IT guy with no bennies and as soon as they offer him a f/t spot, bennies, etc. the background check(pending felony conviction) gets him canned on the spot.

The sad part is that this was no major roid production operation. Over their course of biz they probably moved 1000 bottles of product over a 3 month period. If you do the math, it was hardly worth jail time and crippling their abilities to get a decent job when they get out.

These guys made the mistake of believing that they were the fish that's "too small to fry." Just because roid use is no big deal in their social circles doesn't mean the feds will think otherwise. They found out the hard way I guess???

The gov needs to change this ridiculus policy. They want people to do well in society yet you gotta put felony down which leads you to no work or work that your just gonna go back to prison for. I think you should only have to mark down anything sexually related, ie rape,sex offender,etc..

I agree, and that's exactly what happened. This isn't the ex schoolteacher's 1st offense. A year earlier he got busted for production. These charges caused him to lose his job as teacher. After a year of struggling to find another job, cashing out his 401K, etc., he was practically forced out of sheer desperation to start selling juice again to pay for his attorney fees, mortgage, etc. It's ridiculous that an educated, once gainfully employed individual can be stripped of his abilities to acquire a job that he's trained to do just because of a stupid mistake.

I've seen the same thing happen to young dope dealers that have no job or skills. How does our government expect an unemployed 21 yr old dope dealer to pay court costs and attorney fees that could easily be $25K+??? What's he gonna do??? Stock shelves at Walmart for $10 an hour??? That aint cuttin' it.

Now he's gotta sell even more dope to pay his extra debts. WTF?:confused:

And the Cycle continues

It's a vicious cycle that most people choose to ignore. After a while its not a morality issue, it's a survival issue. One of the reason's why I loved watching HBO's "The Wire" is because they shed light to the failed system and how it purpetuated many of the crimes they intended to stop. If you look at the full picture, you realize that it's not always a simple choice of right vs. wrong.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear