over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

400 pound benchers

I will say that it is humbling to read about several guys benching 400 while natural at a relatively young age. I guess we are all different. I really dont think a 400 bench with no AS was in the cards for me. My dad is 145 pounds soaking wet at about 5'6...

Anyways....

I will say that your environment (where and with whom you train with in this case) also plays a big role in your "development".

In the last 10 plus years i spent in Mexico working out in "hardcore gyms" (in different parts of the country) I witnessed only 2 guys benching 400 pounds and one of them was an american (and not a resident of mexico)... Very very rarely did I see guys benching three plates and/or squatting with four plates...

Now living in the Caribean's for over a year and working out in the "hardcore" gym of the island... Many muscular black dudes... some of them much larger than I am ... but havent seen anyone benching with 3 plates....

I think that this is actually nearer to the "reality" of most gyms.

A "no juice" 400lb bench at 200lbs (or less) body weight is not a common individual in most gyms IMO.

A "no juice" 400lb bench at 200lbs (or less) body weight is not a common individual in most gyms IMO.

Yeah, I would say that is true but they do exist. I knew a guy at our gym that probably weighed about 180 lbs and he would rep out with 315 for 12 reps fairly easy. I felt like that was strong. He never tried to go much heavier, he wasn't a serious lifter. He was in the National Guard and just wanted to be fit. Stronger than me pound for pound and I was juiced up. He was natural and looked it too.At the time we were both in our late 20s.

It's not always about the gear brotha
Get yoour technique down and hammer back and triceps.

Most of the big bench pressers I know pressed well over 400 lbs before they ever touched gear. Including myself. I know a lot of drug free 500# benchers too. Drugs in the big picture have little to do with powerlifting movements. The drug free world records aren’t that far off. bench pressing was never a goal of mine. Does everyone rely on gear for every fucking ounce of strength these days or what? It seems like guys start using steroids now before they even start training lol If I was young and asked that question to an older guy on steroids he probably would have slapped me and tokd me I had to walk before I could crawl. Or basing your strength gains on the gear your going to take? Come off gear that strength will go bye bye for the most part. Steroid gains are on loan my friend. We do not own them.

Yeah. I would think so...

I dont think the population of this board is representative of the typical commercial gym.

My point was that if you workout in a gym where most guys are strong and /or stronger than you, this will push you and benefit your development.

Good training partners is probably even better yet..

I was 18 hit 405 for a single on no juice just bulked up from 185 to 240 in a year. Always a natural presser. Squats used to suck ass

I'm currently singling 545 at 275 I'm 27 years old, so if I had any suggestions for you it would be. Be a master of all pressing movements. Get your triceps stong as fuck. Get really strong on skull crushers. Get really strong on back movements. Stronger lats actually do equal strong bench. Have load and de load weeks. Gain weight.

All this is soley on the fact that you want to gain strength on the bench.

As for gear. I would say the ones that will make you gain strength really quick are the wet compounds. Test Deca Anadrol. But you should be able to hit 400 pounds on just test. If not then idk maybe benching isn't your thing.

How much do you weigh?

Your numbers are very impressive. I am jealous...

Check out some of this guys stuff. He gives breakdowns of all the major lifts and how to properly setup and train for them. I have been watching his stuff for awhile now. Great guy.

Brian Alsruhe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Rt7E2JVz4fPmC8AhjDoaA

thanks. I have watched a bunch of videos on proper technique for bench, squat and deadlift. Most of them pretty good.

I like Matt Wenning's videos myself..

Yeah. I would think so...

I dont think the population of this board is representative of the typical commercial gym.

My point was that if you workout in a gym where most guys are strong and /or stronger than you, this will push you and benefit your development.

Good training partners is probably even better yet..
I rarely ever have a training partner as they don't last. But the last one I did train with was the guy I always refer to on here as a genetic beast.

We trained almost 6 years together. He was easily 50% stronger than me on pretty much anything.....and I advanced more in those 6 years then probably the 10 years before that.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would say that is true but they do exist. I knew a guy at our gym that probably weighed about 180 lbs and he would rep out with 315 for 12 reps fairly easy. I felt like that was strong. He never tried to go much heavier, he wasn't a serious lifter. He was in the National Guard and just wanted to be fit. Stronger than me pound for pound and I was juiced up. He was natural and looked it too.At the time we were both in our late 20s.

No, don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying they don't exist. I just think they are relatively rare and that southoftheborders experiences, in terms of not many +400lb benchers in the gyms, are more common.

Regards

Very true. But there are not that many guys in the gym that can really bench their own body weight, much less for reps that I see. I used to hang with competitive power lifters and helped at the meets and judged at meets as well. And I would red light most every one that I see benching in the gym.

I'm in my late 40s, did 425 last year at 198 lbs. I always wanted to do twice my body weight since I was in HS. No it wasn't natural. I've been on the juice for 4 yrs. I believe I was on Test C (300ish) and Tren (400ish) at the time.

I honestly think I could do even better now, but being older makes one wiser (usually) and pleasing my ego isn't worth the risk of a torn pec.

For guys that are in the +500 club, you are truly amazing.

For me...getting to around 365 wasn't too hard. From there to 405 took a lot more work and focus on programming for benching exclusively. A lot more specialization between power/speed days with different grips, and routines lasting 6-8 weeks with deloads before starting all over again.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Little 154 lb guy doing 410

Good example here of god given strength.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg"]410 RAW bench press at 154lb 154 body weight with rep scheme 3-23-15 - YouTube[/ame]

I would Rather look the Strongest!
Always said you cant bring the Bench to the Beach or Bar, So Who Cares!!!!

I would Rather look the Strongest!
Always said you cant bring the Bench to the Beach or Bar, So Who Cares!!!!

That is how I feel too. My main goal was always to make progress past where I am now, to keep moving forward. Being able to move more weight in the gym usually means bigger muscles as long as you are using the same technique. If I was only working out with 315 lbs on bench that was ok as long as maybe in one month I might be using 325 lbs.

Benching is less about gear and more about genetics, technique, and consistency like many other things. You can't do much about genetics (ligament/tendon strength, limb length etc...) but you can learn the proper techniques to maximize your bench and do it often. Anyways enjoy the journey. Don't worry about the number so much.

I hit 405 for a single a few months ago and both of my shoulders just felt like shit for about 3 weeks. I mainly did it to just test my strength. I hadn't gone over 275 in about 6 months prior. Just made barbell bench third or forth. That being said I get a better pump and feel better using dumbbells.

Confession time:

I've never benched 315 in my life. In fact I haven't flat BB benched in 5 years. My best incline was only something like 275x11.

The same thing that hinders me on bench (limb length) has given me an advantage in deads though, so I guess that's fine.

But I haven't let that stop me from growing my chest...I just focused ridiculously hard on DB flyes (both flat and incline) and the mind muscle connection. Wish I could press a ton of weight just because weight is fun, but my body disagrees with me so whatever.

havent hit 400 yet but i did get double my bodyweight. i did 390lbs while taking 200mg tren, 300mg deca, and 300 mg test. alternating adrol and winstrol 50mgs daily.

its not about the drugs its the training

i do alot of rest pause and chains/ bands... peaking and deloading etc..

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws