over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

6-7,000 Calorie Bulking Diet At 270lbs.

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
A few members asked to see my 6-7,000 calorie daily diet after my latest pics so I wanted to post this for everyone. We rarely have big guys posting details on their nutrition so I hope this gives some perspective.

TRAINING DAYS:

This is from last Thursday, a typical high calorie training day.

Breakfast:
  • 3.25 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
  • 8oz. strawberry banana smoothie
  • 3tbsp flax / bean / etc. mix
  • 6 caps Omegalyze
  • TOTALS - 677 (84.5g protein, 44.5g carbs, 15.2g fat)
  • Sometimes I do eggs instead of a protein shake here
Lunch:
  • 10oz. chicken breast
  • 10oz. 98% ground beef
  • 5oz. bison top sirloin
  • 255g hash browns
  • 465g mashed potatoes
  • TOTALS - 1,451 (145g protein, 115.5g carbs, 35.6g fat)
  • I used to eat this in 2 portions spaced 3 hours apart, but over the last few weeks I've started eating it all in one meal over about an hour
Intraworkout:
  • 10g creatine
  • 30g EAAs
  • 75g Karbolyn
  • TOTALS - 300 (75g carbs)
Postworkout:
  • 2.5 scoops Rice N Grinds
  • 1.5 scoops ON Hydrowhey
  • 1.5 scoops TN custom protein mix
  • TOTALS - 859 (84g protein, 106.2g carbs, 6.7g fat)
Bowl:
  • 4 scoops TN custom protein mix
  • 2 scoops Fiberlyze
  • 1 Quest bar
  • 1 large Dairy Queen blizzard
  • 1/2 pint Nick's light ice cream
  • 6tbsp sunflower butter
  • 1 Lenny & Larry's cookie, home made chocolate chip cookies, whatever we have
  • Lion's Pack sugar-free cookie dough
  • Wash it down with a glass of almond milk
  • TOTALS - ~3,600
  • I put all this in a big bowl and mix it up - what goes in changes depending on how I look, appetite, what I trained, etc., so no exact macros - this is another meal that I eat over an hour to an hour and a half
TOTAL DAILY CALORIES - 6,887

REST DAYS

For rest days, I cut calories and carbs to help with digestion and minimize fat gain. After 2-3 high calorie days in a row I need to pull back a bit to give the body a break. This was Friday.

Breakfast:
  • 3.25 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
  • 8oz. strawberry banana smoothie
  • 1.5tbsp flax / bean / etc. mix
  • 6 caps Omegalyze
  • Sometimes I do eggs instead of a protein shake here
Lunch:
  • 5oz. 98% ground beef
  • 9oz. chicken breast
  • 9oz. skirt steak
  • 225g hash browns
  • 465g mashed potatoes
Dinner - Chipotle bowl:
  • White rice
  • Black beans
  • Double meat - steak and barbacoa
  • Pico
Bowl - no carbs:
  • 3 scoops TN custom protein mix
  • 1/2 pint Halo Top keto ice cream
  • 3tbsp almond butter
TOTAL DAILY CALORIES - ~3,697

Some random notes on all this:

I've done 4 meals a day for years - my body does better eating a few large meals spaced hours apart than a bunch of smaller meals closer together. Finding the method of eating that works best for you and not blindly following others' plans is key to making big long-term progress.

Whole food is great and when dieting it's the majority of what I eat, but when bulking I do more powders as it's easier to get more calories in. Debate it all you want but this method put 18lbs. on me when dieted down over last year and currently has me up 12lbs. past my peak bulking weight last year.

I get probably 40g of supplemental fiber per day, take probiotics 2-3 times a day, and take a few servings of Lactaid with my big bowl on training days. I also have probiotics and digestive enzymes added to my TN protein mix. I feel this is essential when you're eating this much to keep things moving and keep appetite / digestion good.

If you want to get huge, just like you progress in lifting heavier weights year after year, you have to progress with pushing your calories higher year after year. This means stuffing yourself until you're miserable at points, being physically uncomfortable, having a distended stomach by the end of the day, etc.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of tracking what you eat - not just to know your calories and macros, but to know what foods digest best, what cause issues for you, etc. That's key in building up to consuming this much.

The bigger you get, the more hydration you need for multiple reasons - help with carbs (glycogen's water to carb ratio is 2:1), good pumps, overall health, etc. I usually do 60-80oz. of water just intraworkout and another 20-40oz. through the night when I wake up. Definitely doing over 200oz. of fluids a day.

On weekends, we usually eat brunch at a restaurant one day and have dinner out the next. It's still pretty standard bodybuilder stuff - steak & eggs with potatoes / pancakes, sushi, Asian rice / noodle dishes, etc. I don't care for sloppy stuff like large pizzas, I always focus on getting decently healthy protein and carbs in. I often end up with only 3 meals on weekends due to the higher caloric load of restaurant food.

Finally, eating like this isn't about optimal health, it's about getting big - the purpose of this board. I only have a few more years of pushing hard with this and I'm making the most of them. After that, I'll likely go to a cyclical ketogenic diet for the long-term.

And I was one of em that asked! Thank ya, brother!

Edit lmao @ hash browns AND mashed potatoes :ROFLMAO:

OK just curious...you must be a believer in varied protein sources. Three sources of meat in the same meal, a man after my own heart nohomo

Do you do this intentionally? Is it just to make sure bases are covered?

I apologize in advance if you've already answered this but are you using insulin during the same window you're eating cookies & icecream?

Thank you daniel 🙏🏻

You are a warrior brother ,so much consistency and dedication

Im drooling over that night time big bowl!!! 😳😳😳😳

I will start something similar

I do 3-4 meals too and always have cause of work and digestion

Respect

Ah, I remember the days I could eat a lot..........what an odd thing for me to be nostalgic about! ;)

Keep it up Daniel - it's obviously working for you!

Your lunch is literally giving me a boner. Interesting, I am like you that I like larger meals. I do four a day whether I am eating 2,000 calories or 6,000 it's just what I prefer. Do you just enjoy the massive lunch? Like is that when you are hungriest? I like a good meaty meal but 25 ounces is a lot lol.

Get after it Daniel, it's now or never!

Four hour periods, a solid meal, R Insulin, then a liquid meal between if you like, some people's stomachs actually need to clear once in a while so they may take their many meds/supps on an empty stomach. Love the four-hour periods, four solid meals, some top pros pop GH every four hours too.

I would have type II diabetes within weeks on a diet with that much sugar, even if I stayed super lean.

Any reason you have 30g EAA intra? I mean you have been on 10 and 20 and have found out 30 is better or just because you wanna? Wondering how much would be optimal really as I have been doing 15g EAA and 5g L-Leucine lately.

OK just curious...you must be a believer in varied protein sources. Three sources of meat in the same meal, a man after my own heart nohomo

Do you do this intentionally? Is it just to make sure bases are covered?

I do believe in varied protein sources, but I also just like the variety of tastes.

I apologize in advance if you've already answered this but are you using insulin during the same window you're eating cookies & icecream?

Yes. I respond very well to insulin, but also start my bulks at a legit 5-6% body fat after dieting on 0 carbs and strive to stay as lean as I can throughout. I use R as needed through the day and usually add a dose of N about an hour before I go to sleep.

Your lunch is literally giving me a boner. Interesting, I am like you that I like larger meals. I do four a day whether I am eating 2,000 calories or 6,000 it's just what I prefer. Do you just enjoy the massive lunch? Like is that when you are hungriest? I like a good meaty meal but 25 ounces is a lot lol.

I used to eat the lunch in 2 portions split 3 hours apart but as I've gotten bigger and my appetite has kept up I've started doing it all at once, which also helps me get to the gym sooner and fit more calories in later in the day. It's not particularly when I'm the hungriest.

Any reason you have 30g EAA intra? I mean you have been on 10 and 20 and have found out 30 is better or just because you wanna? Wondering how much would be optimal really as I have been doing 15g EAA and 5g L-Leucine lately.

I think I got the EAA recommendation from John Meadows a few years ago - it was 20-25g intraworkout. I use Purple Wraath and 4 scoops is 28g, I do 4-5 scoops intraworkout.

Question for you daniel as im in grow-mode right now as well, are you an eater?
I honestly think the ability to eat large amounts of food is a gift when it comes to BBing.
BUT—everyone is different.

I personally can eat. I'm 6k-ish for my HIGH days and around 3500-4k on my LOW days.
Weight is anywhere between 296-299 in the morning, going to bed around 303.

But damn, you have your cals higher than me. Amazed you can get that 3600 cal meal down.
I'm at 6-7 meals right now depending on the day.

I would have type II diabetes within weeks on a diet with that much sugar, even if I stayed super lean.

we all know that is a tiny bit of an exaggeration.
this dude puts up some threads with good content which is something we are missing a lot of these days. i would venture to say too that he probably could figure out a low carb or healthier option too. but this seems like a good example of way a guy is making great progress and enjoying it.

something to be said for not shaking making yourself sick eating the same bland thing 4-6 times ed. many means to the same end. and you can fix type 2 anyway! lol

when i was young and tried to do this i ate too much shit and got too fat. then learned to clean it up a bit, but its much more fun to eat like this then 1lb meat, salad and optional carb every meal. plus anyone can write that out.

every thread seems get these health obsessed comments.
sometimes its fun to play in the dirt!

Question for you daniel as im in grow-mode right now as well, are you an eater?
I honestly think the ability to eat large amounts of food is a gift when it comes to BBing.
BUT—everyone is different.

I personally can eat. I'm 6k-ish for my HIGH days and around 3500-4k on my LOW days.
Weight is anywhere between 296-299 in the morning, going to bed around 303.

But damn, you have your cals higher than me. Amazed you can get that 3600 cal meal down.
I'm at 6-7 meals right now depending on the day.

I definitely am an eater. When we go out for sushi I can do 50 pieces and split 1 or 2 appetizers without really trying. As I've put on more muscle and strength the last few years, along with continuing to increase training intensity, my ability to eat a lot keeps growing with it.

I do have times when I finish a big meal and say 'uggghhhh how do I do this?' but I remember it's getting me closer to my goals. I've also learned to slow down when eating my meals, which really helps with digestion and being able to put down so much without feeling miserable.

Eating is the biggest reason people don't reach their goals - they don't have enough discipline to stick to low calories to get shredded or to be consistent with putting down large amounts of food to add size. Serious bodybuilders should be working to get better with that just like they do with lifting.

we all know that is a tiny bit of an exaggeration.
this dude puts up some threads with good content which is something we are missing a lot of these days. i would venture to say too that he probably could figure out a low carb or healthier option too. but this seems like a good example of way a guy is making great progress and enjoying it.

something to be said for not shaking making yourself sick eating the same bland thing 4-6 times ed. many means to the same end. and you can fix type 2 anyway! lol

when i was young and tried to do this i ate too much shit and got too fat. then learned to clean it up a bit, but its much more fun to eat like this then 1lb meat, salad and optional carb every meal. plus anyone can write that out.

every thread seems get these health obsessed comments.
sometimes its fun to play in the dirt!

I wouldn't call it a health-obsessed comment at all, it wasn't intended to be. I have a lot of experience with high-calorie diets and specifically pushing weight up on high carb diets. When I start pushing a lot of carbs, a good percentage of them need to be clean. I think keeping insulin resistance low is a huge key to making gains, slin can be used to push past this but this isn't a sustainable solution.

People think I'm talking about health when I recommend cruising at 10mg/day between cycles also, I'm actually usually talking about gains, health is just another benefit.

But it's also not a criticism, it's just a comment on how that same diet would affect me and perhaps something he should watch for.

Personally, i'm the same way Kal. The amount of sugar there (and I'm eating relatively close to his cals) would sky rocket my fasting BG and i'd get fat.

I've done several approaches to the offseason diet, some with coaches and others on my own.
And right now I'm doing 6k+ on high days with clean food and sometimes a cheat meal at the end of the day.
All of my food is clean other than the 1-3 cheat meals a day.
Proteins: chicken breast, 96/4 ground beef, quality whey isolate
Carbs: COR, jasmine rice, rice crispie cereal and oatmeal
Added Fats: Natty PB and avocado

THATS IT. Diet is so individual, i definitely realize that. But with my metabolism, clean foods and LOTS of them has allowed me to grow and stay leaner than i have in the past.

Btw, my high days are 1000+ carbs

I wouldn't call it a health-obsessed comment at all, it wasn't intended to be. I have a lot of experience with high-calorie diets and specifically pushing weight up on high carb diets. When I start pushing a lot of carbs, a good percentage of them need to be clean. I think keeping insulin resistance low is a huge key to making gains, slin can be used to push past this but this isn't a sustainable solution.

People think I'm talking about health when I recommend cruising at 10mg/day between cycles also, I'm actually usually talking about gains, health is just another benefit.

But it's also not a criticism, it's just a comment on how that same diet would affect me and perhaps something he should watch for.

And 100%.

Eating and the actual volume of food you need to eat is the main thing that stops gains.
We see threads on here all the time of guys asking about what gains they can make from THIS drug or THAT combo of gh and slin. Yet they keep their food the same.

Food needs to be progressive, just like the weights in the gym.

I definitely am an eater. When we go out for sushi I can do 50 pieces and split 1 or 2 appetizers without really trying. As I've put on more muscle and strength the last few years, along with continuing to increase training intensity, my ability to eat a lot keeps growing with it.

I do have times when I finish a big meal and say 'uggghhhh how do I do this?' but I remember it's getting me closer to my goals. I've also learned to slow down when eating my meals, which really helps with digestion and being able to put down so much without feeling miserable.

Eating is the biggest reason people don't reach their goals - they don't have enough discipline to stick to low calories to get shredded or to be consistent with putting down large amounts of food to add size. Serious bodybuilders should be working to get better with that just like they do with lifting.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear