over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? about bulking while on A.S

Jimbo

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Alot of times I see people who post that when they bulk they love to get 9k+ cals. I was wondering if that many are really needed. Yes, we all want to see the scale move up when juicing but, what are gains in muscle and what are gains in fat?. I know that its off season and people love to eat, and so do I. So lets say daily I burn 2200 cals. After an hardcore workout I will burn another 500cals. Some extra threw they day, +500. So lets say that threw the day we burned up 3200 cals. Now if we want to start gaining weight we add 1000. We are now at 4200 cals. Wont those extra 5000 cals just translate into fat that will later be hard to burn when we go into the cutting phase. This got me wondering becuase I remeber reading something by Dorian yates about his off-season diet and in was roughly 5500 cals and the appropriate amounts of carbs/protein/fats and +1000 over for gaining. These seems to make more sence because even though we may not go up +40lbs on a cycle,what we will see is more in terms of muscle gains:confused:

hmm

I have never all out bulked before, for a long time, but I would think at a certain point this all out bulk is an excuse to be a muscular guy who looks like he is having twins. I agree how many calories can you really burn, and then how many calories can you really use. THink about this at an extreme

600 Grams of Protein 2400 cals
600 grams of carbs 2400 cals
100 Grams of fat 900 cals

Total : 5700 cals

Now maybe just maybe you want to add some more carbs, But eating 9000 cals what the hell. IF your 400lbs perhaps

1000 grams of protein 4000 cals
1000 grams of carbs 4000 cals
100 grams of fat 900 cals

8900 cals, Is that humanly possiable, or desireable.??/?

exactly, im of the train of thought that one needs tons of protein, but after a certain point it is gonna be hard to use it all. if ur eating 600 -700 grams a day u get plenty trust me, u could get by on much less like 375-500, but after these calories what else r u gonna dump in ur system? carbs, aboout 4000 calories worth?

i mean when i was 13 i weighed 126 pounds, by age 16 i weighed 227 natural, and i was leaner then before i started, i attribute it to good genetics, but my calorie load only went from 2000 a day to 3000. yep i kept track of everything back then

so my point is that not everybody has to force feed some do however and chances are that u r ot like me and gai while off, or lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

Ive decided that on my next cycle, I will do a very well balanced diet. It will consist of no more then 5500 cals, 450g of protein, 600g of carbs, and 100g of fat . I refuse to belive that you need so many cals to get the full effect of A.S. Will continue to use H.I.T and let you guys know what comes of it.

I agree thats it's quality not quanity. The more fat you put on, the more you have to burn in the long run. and the leaner you stay through out the year the less or shorter diet/cut cycle you have to do. and for a guy that competes it great. this just means your fighting LESS catabolic proberties. and besides, if DORIAN can grow on 5500 a day. there is absolutly no reason that any of us couldn't. but thats just how I look at it *L*
good luck and be safe....

bigger...

Chances are that if Dorian Yates needed 5500 cals, then you might not need quite as much. I just mean that Dorian was a 300lb monster in the offseason.

hopefully BIG A will chime in on his thoughts on off season eating

bigpoppapete said:
Chances are that if Dorian Yates needed 5500 cals, then you might not need quite as much. I just mean that Dorian was a 300lb monster in the offseason.

Everyone is different, Dorian has a different metabolism than you and me.

I am a fan of all out bulking if you are going to do a bulk cycle then why not get the most out of it??

I am a fan of bulk eating massive quatitiy.

this is why.

think of your metabolism as a fire. everytime you eat something you fuel that fire and it has to work to burn it. Now if your body gets trained to do this 6-8 times a day. pretty soon its very efficient as burning the cals off that you eat.
Now lets say that those meals are really heavy in cals. You eat them your body gets used to having to burn and use these cals.
so ya you might have gained some fat but wait to you see the way that you have changed your metabolism when you start dieting. clean foods lower cals more meals etc. Your body goes crazy burning everything you throw into it. fat gets burned off your body at an incredible rate. Pretty soon you would be able to throw iron into your stomach and it would burn off your metabloism will get so strong.
The best bodybuilders are the ones that spend the most time in front of the fridge not the ones who spend the most time in the gym.
Besides there are two phases to bodybuilding. phase 1. maximizing the size of your muscles. (there should be no worry about fat in this phase). Phase two. pre-contest. removing fat.
Everyone can get ripped and inshape with some hard work,
Bodybuilding contests are WON in the OFFSEASON. you better believe it!!!

also i'm not sure your clear about dorians food intake but i dont' have any real knowledge to add.

BUT i will say this. dorain was Notorious for getting super heavy and eating like an animal in the offseason from what i hear.

for myself, i love to "all out" bulk. when i bulk, im doing just that, bulking, whether it be fat, muscle, water...i dont care, i just want the size. of course everyone is different "to each his own" im a fan of not worrying what i eat for the time i bulk, maybe im too lazy to count calories, could be. but thats just me. then again im not a bodybuilder.

what am i? well im just a big guy that likes to train and better my physique. i dont compete, what i meant by not being a bodybuilder. played years of college football, and i didnt wanna stop training afterwards.

Mr_Magoo said:
hopefully BIG A will chime in on his thoughts on off season eating

Off season I just make sure that I have my protein. That means about 6 whey shakes a day. Apart from that, I eat ANYTHING that I wish. You should see my moon face off season! LOL

Big A said:

Off season I just make sure that I have my protein. That means about 6 whey shakes a day. Apart from that, I eat ANYTHING that I wish. You should see my moon face off season! LOL

Big A, how much calories do you take in per pound of bodyweight? Or just what is the minimum number of calories you get in a day, offseason?

BBer said:

Big A, how much calories do you take in per pound of bodyweight? Or just what is the minimum number of calories you get in a day, offseason?

I have no idea! If I don't gain, I just eat more. Simple.

I don't compete, but I still bulk & cut. In fact, until I started eating 4500 calories a day when bulking, I was unable to make really significant gains. IMO there is a point when the scale starts going up dramatically, and you KNOW it's not muscle. Then it's time to cut calories a bit. But I guess if Lee Priest can go from the offseason mess he was, to what he looked like at the Olympia and Arnold, than we should be able to pull off similar feats.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear