over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Active Release Therapy/Neuromuscular Massage

phreak

Registered
i was wondering how many other members have gone for either ART or neuromuscular massage to address muscular problems...

back in may '07 i tossed a sportbike down the road; probably hit the pavement around 50-55mph lowsiding. i had a full suit/armor everything, so i hobbled away with no broken bones or lost skin, but let me tell you, the muscular problems with my back, particularly the rhomboids and traps are still causing me issues. trigger points and ropey muscle have been causing me pain ever since then. i have a rib that pops out when the trigger points seize up and that has to be pushed in every week or so. fucking blows basically.

so, i found a chiropractor who does both ART and NM here in california. he's bigger than your average man, 220 or so and is pretty strong. here's a couple of links if you don't know what it is.

**broken link removed**

http://www.spine-health.com/Wellnes...ge-Therapy/Neuromuscular-Massage-Therapy.html

well, i'm going to tell you, i thought i had a pretty good tolerance for pain, but i am starting to wonder if the threshold is getting lower as i get older. you'd like to think that you can take pain pretty well, but all of the sudden i am at that point where i am ready to tell the guy to chill for a second to catch my breath. it is without a doubt some of the most intense pain i have ever felt; i am literally out of breath afterwards.

the chiro basically marks the knot with his finger, and puts his elbow right in it. knots are already sore right? try 220lbs at an elbow point smashing the shit out of it. HURTS. BAD.

but, i have to say, it is working. i am able to train without pain, which is all i care about really. this is the only therapy that has really helped tbh.

today was brutal- i was at that wall quick. when it was over and i got back to the office, every joint and muscle started to hurt. he was pressing on a knot in my rhomboid, right under the scapula, when i heard something crackle and felt my entire right side relax. i don't know what toxins got released, but it felt exactly like the flu ache without the flu. even my girls hands, if they are the slightest bit cold hurt to the touch.

anyways, i wondered if anyone else has had this kind of therapy and what their experience was like.

guy here in Vegas has changed my life. no shit! brought my shoulders back from what I seriously thought was surgury, he has worked on a bunch of stuff for me and it's amazing. Bastard had me teared up a few times.

works on a few of the big guys here in town.

anyone wants his name pm me

guy here in Vegas has changed my life. no shit! brought my shoulders back from what I seriously thought was surgury, he has worked on a bunch of stuff for me and it's amazing. Bastard had me teared up a few times.

works on a few of the big guys here in town.

anyone wants his name pm me

so you've experienced the pain too, lol. what was your injury?

i drive 120 miles one way to get active release , i swear by it ! its the only thing that helps my back pain

ART is simply unbelievable. I had wrecked elbows before the 99 USA, and to the point where I could only do cable flyes, and in 4 sessions, bam - back to normal. Same thing with rotator cuff strains - ART fixed that stuff fast....

Get it done - u won't be sorry..

John Meadows

how is ART for tennis elbow, have it pretty bad and its the one thing that really holds back my gains. Ive been forced to take like 6 weeks off, and its suprisingly not much better if at all...

i drive 120 miles one way to get active release , i swear by it ! its the only thing that helps my back pain

Same here, I drive 104 miles one way to have him work on my shoulders.

so you've experienced the pain too, lol. what was your injury?

just take your finger and point to any bodypart I've had an injury there!

guy signifigantly improved tendonitis, shoulders, back hammys...alot of stuff for me if you got pain it's worth a shot

I'll defintiely have to look into this more. I've had my back worked before including traction and seemed to be getting decent results and mad some progress, but this sounds like it may just be the ticket!

ART

I use ART Chiro used to work for D. Castro, who's office is too crowded, never could just call for an appt and get in. Guy I use is in merrick, on merrick ave, Dr. Doug Cataggio. 516-377-9090. Good guy, works good on my shoulder, partial torn rotator, and lower back, 2 herniated disks and other damage. You should feel better leaving office, but might be sore next day. Kind of like a new work out for muscle, will tell you 2 drink more h2o

if its a soft tissue injury or or any type of scaring or burring that they can get to I truely beleive that art done right can improve it.

Yes!!! The difference is often profound from pre to post massage. And yes, it certainly makes you get intimate with your pain threshold. Sometimes it hurts so intensely I'll break into a cold sweat and get nauseated...but it is so worth it.

ART is simply unbelievable. I had wrecked elbows before the 99 USA, and to the point where I could only do cable flyes, and in 4 sessions, bam - back to normal. Same thing with rotator cuff strains - ART fixed that stuff fast....

Get it done - u won't be sorry..

John Meadows

I must look into this.

I have had ART work done and it works good, but ROLFING blows ART away. 10 times more intense IMO and works a lot better.

i get worked on at least once week. My guy is one block away so it is very convenient for me. It is worth the pain he also uses some handheld cold laser gadget that he swears by. I feel like a million bucks when I'm done

i get worked on at least once week. My guy is one block away so it is very convenient for me. It is worth the pain he also uses some handheld cold laser gadget that he swears by. I feel like a million bucks when I'm done

Tell me more about this cold laser...I am intrigued.

Cold Laser Therapy

Other common name(s): low level laser therapy (LLLT), low power laser therapy (LPLT), soft laser, biostimulation laser, therapeutic laser, laser acupuncture

Scientific/medical name(s): none

DESCRIPTION / OVERVIEW

The term cold laser refers to the use of low-intensity or low levels of laser light. Proponents claim that cold laser therapy can reduce pain and inflammation. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) considers these laser devices investigational (experimental), and allows them to be used in studies based on some evidence that they may provide temporary pain relief. Cold laser treatment is thought to help some types of pain, inflammation, and wound healing, although stronger proof is needed. These lasers are used directly on or over the affected area.

Cold lasers are also sometimes used for acupuncture, with laser beams to stimulate the body's acupoints rather than needles (see Acupuncture). This treatment regimen appeals to those who want acupuncture but who fear the pain of needles.

Cold laser therapy providers advertise this method as a way to help people quit smoking, and some TV stations have reported this as news. The treatment is supposed to relax the smoker and release endorphins (naturally-occurring pain relief substances) in the body to simulate the effects of nicotine in the brain, or balance the body’s energy to relieve the addiction. Despite claims of success by some cold laser therapy providers, available scientific evidence does not support claims that this is an effective method of helping people stop smoking.

There is a great deal of variation in types of lasers that are used and how they are used. Some devices do not have the output that they promise, and others are little more than light-emitting diodes (LED lights). Some advertise that they can help herpes, high blood pressure, migraines, wrinkles, cerebral palsy, and other conditions for which there is little or no evidence. The FDA forbids statements that a treatment can help or cure diseases if scientific studies have not found it to be true. It has warned at least one seller of low level lasers to stop making such claims.

Well-controlled scientific studies are underway using reliable low level laser devices for pain, wounds, injuries, and other conditions. If these studies show positive results, certain types of cold laser treatment may eventually become part of conventional medical care.

This method should not be confused with conventional laser surgery, which is used as a proven treatment for some cancers. Hot lasers may be used to shrink or destroy tumors on the skin or on the surfaces of internal organs. They are sometimes used to remove colon polyps or tumors that are blocking the windpipe, colon, or stomach. They can help relieve symptoms of cancer, such as bleeding. Laser surgery for cancer is usually combined with other treatments such as conventional surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy.

I go 1-3 times a week and I get the deep tissue relief combined with the cold laser therapy. I dont pay a copay and the insurance seems to cover it all. I go as often as needed and i have not had to come out of pocket. I had my shoulder reconstructed in 03 and I go to the chiro for tuneups. He is a chiro/PT so it works out well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneWolf22
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131