over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Add another to the growing list

I don't know why this surprises anyone.

This sport is not healthy. Putting steroids into your body is not healthy. Mega dosing which every pro does is not healthy.

Something has to give

Heard about this today, real sad story. It would be hard for anyone to stop competing, if thats what you love to do. Maybe he passed away, doing what he loved best? Either way, he will be missed.

Shawn Ray went on to say..."Apparently Ed had prior issues related to his heart and was advised not to continue bodybuilding but his love of the game would not allow him to walk away and it questionably cost him his life".

I don't think it's love for the sport...With all due respect to Ed, I'm sure his identity was wrapped in his physique...So Sad...We are all that way to a degree but when you have a wife and kids, knowingly have a heart issue and continue to do something that is aggravating that heart issue which could ultimately kill you, that's selfish and shows that there is a real mental/emotional issue that needs to be exposed and treated!

R.I.P. condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends.

Is a king-crab fisherman a selfish piece of shit? He could easily get a "safe" job at the local factory or something. Or what about an iron worker going up on sky-scrapers, does he not care about his family?

Everytime a bodybuilder dies it's wah wah and a booboo from the local low dosage crowd.

Do what you enjoy in life no matter who says what about it, live how you want to live and fuck all these people saying you should do this or do that. Guys worried about what everyone else is doing must not have a life themselves.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family, may he rest in peace.

But in all honesty when are some of us going to realise that there is more to life than getting big. Especially if you have a family.
Like said above the problem is with some that when you get to a certain status or identity they try to continue that way at all cost.
At what cost does it make it not worthwhile.

Lot of very self rightous ppl...

Im sure he cared about his family.. just like the people that risk their lives ckimbing everest, ride motorcycles, get fat etc...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Is a king-crab fisherman a selfish piece of shit? He could easily get a "safe" job at the local factory or something. Or what about an iron worker going up on sky-scrapers, does he not care about his family?

Everytime a bodybuilder dies it's wah wah and a booboo from the local low dosage crowd.

Do what you enjoy in life no matter who says what about it, live how you want to live and fuck all these people saying you should do this or do that. Guys worried about what everyone else is doing must not have a life themselves.

I wish you were on this board for 10 years or so like some of the rest of the members. You would see some longtime members who had the exact same attitude you do above. Then they had kidney failure, a heart condition, or a massive liver adenoma and they quickly got humbled. That "its my life and bury me big or dont bury me at all" bravado quickly changes to "oh man I want to live, Im not ready to die yet" REAAAAAAL QUICK, when the true stark reality of dying presents itself. One of the saddest things Ive listened to was these two guys talking about how they have to live their lives daily now (at about 39 minutes in)
DASHOW 118 GUEST BRAD HOLLIBAUGH and his illness 01/17 by DASHOW10 | Blog Talk Radio

I dont get the "at least he died doing something he loved" argument. Jimmy Willson over there could die playing in traffic (something he loved to do)....it sure doesnt mean its a success if he leaves behind a wife and 3 kids. So im supposed to salute these women who die during "too massive for their body" boob job surgeries, aggresive and repeated liposuctions, and too much fat injected into their buttocks and say "well at least she died doing something she loved"???

People on this board continually applaud a certain guy who always posts about "you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself" but that same guy said that he was told once he was going into kidney failure by a doctor and he was going to "off himself"

So let me get this straight? Out of sight out of mind? Blast juice with reckless abandon hoping nothing bad happens and LIVE YOUR JUICING LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT TO LIVE IT....and then if (when) you hear the bad news that you are going to need dialysis or a heart transplant....kill yourself?

Yea thats great advice to follow.

As much as I will argue with a holier than thou natural guy about how important it is for him and everyone to keep testosterone levels healthy and maybe even in the high norm range.....Ill argue with guys who say "mind your own business" when it comes to abuse.....because they are the same guys who always start their health malady post with this sentence "I used to think like you guys do, that it wouldnt happen to me....." when their health goes to crap.

Everyone always said "wow I wonder what will happen" in the 90's when all those guys started upping their dosages.....well here we are 15-20 years later and some of those 20 something guys in the 90's who were hitting it hard are dropping dead in their 40's.

Juicers will always argue til they are blue in the face about this stuff, that it isnt related, that they know 3 guys who didnt lift that dropped dead at 38, that juice cannot hurt you, its recreational drugs etc etc etc.....they have to...or it screws up the whole belief system and how you live your life.....you cant inject a 3cc syringe in your ass on tuesday if you think there is any possibility you could end up dying from it.

The very saddest part of all this is there is a middle ground of .......living your life looking like the way you want to look, being very responsible with your health for your benefit and your loved ones benefit.....and it involves putting as much thought process and leaving no stone uncovered health wise (scans, bloodwork) as you do plotting your next cycle. Its really freaking simple.

Last edited:
My opinion. If your are single. Know the risk. Allow the fact that threads like this are to inform you of the risk. . .and do as you please

But since 99% of the board is male. .. if you have a wife or kids. Yiu have a greater responsibility.

Seems like the age of high 30s-mid 40s is where disaster strikes most often. Takes time for the effects to build up I suppose. I had my heart attack at the age of 38. Im lucky I didn't die like this guy did. Too bad he didn't listen to the doctors.

I did not see, does he have a wife and kids?

A

What a crock of shit argument. Crab fisherman and Iron workers aren't constantly having health problems and being told what to do to fix their lives. Bodybuilders that run grams of shit and god knows what else are constantly having bad blood work and medical problems or if they're really stupid they aren't seeing physicians at all. Yes a crab fisherman is a dangerous job, but they're not being told "if you don't stop you will die young."

Your argument is completely invalid. Obviously since you're taking up for these selfish pieces of shit then that says a lot about your character. End of story.

It's also sad that you say that bc we play it safe and think about our families that we have no life. My family IS my life and that's all that counts. Keep pushing the limits and die at age forty. I don't give a fuck..... But I assure you that your family will.

Last edited:
My opinion. If your are single. Know the risk. Allow the fact that threads like this are to inform you of the risk. . .and do as you please

But since 99% of the board is male. .. if you have a wife or kids. Yiu have a greater responsibility.

I can agree with this, although it is sad. I guess the only way they could hurt someone else is if they don't have health insurance and cost everyone else money when they get their treatment at the hospital. I would guess that most pro bodybuilders are pretty much self employed and many don't have health insurance? Do some of the better sponsors offer it?

All the gear aside, does anybody really believe it is "healthy" to be 240-280lbs of muscle? It doesn`t matter that you eat organic grass fed this and that, you still have human organs that are not meant to process 5000 calories/day, pump/process that much blood through that many extra blood vessels, capillaries, etc. This puts a tremendous strain on the body/organs WITHOUT the sides of tons of gear. I don`t find these bodybuilders deaths that surprising at all. Call me a jerk but I don`t think its that sad either, if you choose to live a life style, go ahead. It is sad for kids/wife to lose a dad or loved one.

He had heart problems running in his family. He had a heart attack already. The writing was on the wall. Having medical issues in the family like that should be a red flag not be 280+ lbs and blast boat loads of gear. Genetics dictate a ton when it comes to health.

I can agree with this, although it is sad. I guess the only way they could hurt someone else is if they don't have health insurance and cost everyone else money when they get their treatment at the hospital. I would guess that most pro bodybuilders are pretty much self employed and many don't have health insurance? Do some of the better sponsors offer it?

True. When you die. You cost someone....
im not saying you should not enjoy yourself. And stay on trt.
but learn what and how much your body can handle especially if you have other people relying on you and care about you.

If you end up in the ER one day because of a stroke, heart attack, other cardiovascular problems, liver failure, or adenomas you will sing a different tune. I used to have the same attitude as you, but going to the ER twice for internal bleeding from ruptured adenomas and having a liver transplant has drastically changed my views. Some people need to learn the hard way to learn life's harsh lessons. I can't tell you how to live your life, but to blantantly ignore the side effects of aas/hgh/slin/ancilleries and act like your invincible is foolish.

very sad news. His family will live with that for a long time

Sad to also see this still fall on deaf ears with the same crowd leaving their head stuck in the sand yet again.

everyone on this site uses gear i am guessing...

so buying illegal substances that can cost you years in prison just so you can compete for a trophy...please tell me that is not selfish. the whole fucken sport is selfish and if you think otherwise you are delusional.

tell me the difference from the dead guy to the guy in the slammer, or the guy barely paying his own bills to support his drug regiment not saving a dollar living out of his car but he is "healthy". risking going to jail or prison for gear yikes that not selfish.

I just believe people can do whatever the fuck they want to do. think about all of you with families and how much time you spend in the gym not with them, or the time you miss chasing top placings when you can be coaching your sons baseball team or your girls soccer team. I know a few super heros on this site that do all of it but most dont. or the money you could spend to go to college and better your families life and your own. but you cant compete and go to college because you dont have enough time and money. be honest with yourself before you act all high and mighty.

and for the record i am not a member of the all drugs crew, i am a very normal looking guy who cares more about his hair these days then muscles. ya i said it ha. i dont think these threads are useless even though they come out once a month because at some point one of them hit a nerve with me and made me reevaluate my life and my priorities. but i just dont get why this is "news" to people. you dont get that big without knowing the consequences that come with it. he made the decision and i feel like a lot of you are disrespecting a dead man, but if he was alive and won the 2013 mr o you would be kissing his ass.

oh ya and you would probably pay him 1k a month for your prep.

Last edited:
I wish you were on this board for 10 years or so like some of the rest of the members. You would see some longtime members who had the exact same attitude you do above. Then they had kidney failure, a heart condition, or a massive liver adenoma and they quickly got humbled. That "its my life and bury me big or dont bury me at all" bravado quickly changes to "oh man I want to live, Im not ready to die yet" REAAAAAAL QUICK, when the true stark reality of dying presents itself. One of the saddest things Ive listened to was these two guys talking about how they have to live their lives daily now (at about 39 minutes in)
DASHOW 118 GUEST BRAD HOLLIBAUGH and his illness 01/17 by DASHOW10 | Blog Talk Radio

I dont get the "at least he died doing something he loved" argument. Jimmy Willson over there could die playing in traffic (something he loved to do)....it sure doesnt mean its a success if he leaves behind a wife and 3 kids. So im supposed to salute these women who die during "too massive for their body" boob job surgeries, aggresive and repeated liposuctions, and too much fat injected into their buttocks and say "well at least she died doing something she loved"???

People on this board continually applaud a certain guy who always posts about "you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself" but that same guy said that he was told once he was going into kidney failure by a doctor and he was going to "off himself"

So let me get this straight? Out of sight out of mind? Blast juice with reckless abandon hoping nothing bad happens and LIVE YOUR JUICING LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT TO LIVE IT....and then if (when) you hear the bad news that you are going to need dialysis or a heart transplant....kill yourself?

Yea thats great advice to follow.

As much as I will argue with a holier than thou natural guy about how important it is for him and everyone to keep testosterone levels healthy and maybe even in the high norm range.....Ill argue with guys who say "mind your own business" when it comes to abuse.....because they are the same guys who always start their health malady post with this sentence "I used to think like you guys do, that it wouldnt happen to me....." when their health goes to crap.

Everyone always said "wow I wonder what will happen" in the 90's when all those guys started upping their dosages.....well here we are 15-20 years later and some of those 20 something guys in the 90's who were hitting it hard are dropping dead in their 40's.

Juicers will always argue til they are blue in the face about this stuff, that it isnt related, that they know 3 guys who didnt lift that dropped dead at 38, that juice cannot hurt you, its recreational drugs etc etc etc.....they have to...or it screws up the whole belief system and how you live your life.....you cant inject a 3cc syringe in your ass on tuesday if you think there is any possibility you could end up dying from it.

The very saddest part of all this is there is a middle ground of .......living your life looking like the way you want to look, being very responsible with your health for your benefit and your loved ones benefit.....and it involves putting as much thought process and leaving no stone uncovered health wise (scans, bloodwork) as you do plotting your next cycle. Its really freaking simple.

You make very good points and have a good heart. I hope everyone takes the time to take in the essence of your post.

You guys should do all you can to be healthy in your life and bodybuilding endeavors. There is no need to speed up the eminent death that we all shall one day face. The way I handled things when I thought my kidneys were blown was immature and selfish. I see life very, very differently than I did 3 years ago, especially in the past month. I'm not going to attempt to impose my views on anyone, but I will say I believe we all have a destiny to fulfill here, and if you shorten your life irresponsibly, you may not reach your objective. This sport can be very obsessive, especially for someone with OCD. Be safe people!

R.I.P. I hope everyone who loved this man is able to come to terms with his loss and somehow find peace.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
watchtymeflyyy
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131