advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thanks guys. It lets me know I'm not on an island. I am very young for my age guess I'm lucky and just want a leaner, healthier diet, body weight and fat.

Perhaps this is my last harrah

I'm 61, been lifting since I was 10. Started using at 23. My competitive days are over. I try to stick to my TRT doses (100mg-150mg per week).
Sometimes I need a little push and up them but I try to stay in a safe zone now. Be smart in whatever you choose to do. And do blood work.
you got me beat - I started at 12

Dexter Jackson is retiring after this years Olympia, he is in his 50's I believe. I can remember Albert Beckles growing up and I don't know if anyone ever nailed down his official age but I think he competed until the age of 61. I personally saw Serge Nubret in the early 90's up close at an expo with his shirt off and it was nothing short of amazing, not sure of his age at the time but if he was in his prime in the 70's he was then well into his 50's. All these guys had something in common besides amazing genetics, they stayed lean year around. I'll be 46 this year, I am not going to stop but I am going to stay much lower in bodyweight by staying lean from here on out.

Dexter Jackson is retiring after this years Olympia, he is in his 50's I believe. I can remember Albert Beckles growing up and I don't know if anyone ever nailed down his official age but I think he competed until the age of 61. I personally saw Serge Nubret in the early 90's up close at an expo with his shirt off and it was nothing short of amazing, not sure of his age at the time but if he was in his prime in the 70's he was then well into his 50's. All these guys had something in common besides amazing genetics, they stayed lean year around. I'll be 46 this year, I am not going to stop but I am going to stay much lower in bodyweight by staying lean from here on out.
Looks like he is only 50 years old. I thought he was older than me. He still looks like he is 40 though. I always really liked his physique. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Jackson_(bodybuilder)

my thoughts are
500-600 test e
300 deca
600 eq maybe
50 mg var ed
20-25 mgs win ed
letro

Obviously do what you want but I would listen to some of the other guys and follow their ways or even just a middleground. If you want to throw in some bits to look your best go for it. But right now you don't need all that stuff to lose bodyfat and look good. You can run what you want but I would strongly advise against using orals at the start. I would run some injs at a sensible dose that you can increase over time. Then when it comes to June/July and you want to look your best throw in a little avar if you want. I am not going to tell you you can't do this or that taking everything into consideration you don't need to start with all that stuff. It may even go against you in the long run. If your diet is great and protein high with reduced calories any base of hormones will do the job. Then you add in an oral such as avar or winny to finish off. I would keep an eye on all blood markers especially rbc's and cholesterol.

throw Vince Taylor in there also, still looks amazing and probably close to or over 60. shit and Lee Labrada, cant forget Lee.

I’d ditch the eq. You can safely add primobolan in its place. Eq makes your blood too thick which is risk of a stroke for us old guys.

I'm 50 now and I am getting a lot out of 300 Test / 300 Deca per week. Still about 225 lean at 5'8".

How old is to old to cycle ?
I would like to hear from the old times like me at 61

In my opinion . . .

I don’t think there is a ‘set’ age, a one size fits all answer but I think there are some
guidelines to help you with this: building or retaining a lean, healthy muscular mass.
A goal shared by all of us who life weights or compete.

We are all able to increase the size of a muscle with our without anabolics up to a
certain age (you pick the age). It is relative; inconsistent but an unavoidable factor.

And at that age, at best, we are able to maintain the muscle we have built.

Beyond that age, utterly regardless of that we so we will lose muscular mass. It is
unavoidable regardless of what you do, how you work out, or what you ‘take’.
It is governed by evolution and your own biology, which is shared by all others as
we age.

If you know what you are doing with anabolics (I don’t and very very few people do)
then they will work up to a certain point, beyond that they do more harm than good
in my opinion as the place an unnecessary burden on the body, thereby diminishing
progress and preventing the desired effect as observed by the unfortunate results of
many here. And furthermore, such extreme (you define, not me) behavior in others;
either now, or when they get older they will be wishing they never picked up the needle.
Hell, this forum is, shall I say, mostly dominated talk of drug usage (which has zero
correlation to being ‘hardcore’ . . that is a fantasy) and it’s side effects.

To finally (sorry) get around to answering you original question, personally, I would
never cycle after the age of 50 but rather try keeping all you blood work within limits.
And I would never, ever do any other anabolics, GH or insulin (more on that later).
When I started TRT, which is another other story (having never ‘done’ another anabolic
before or since . . . search the forum for my experiences , it does, I think, make for
some interesting reading). I think around that age one could do worse than focusing
on your health with the least amount of which most are completely unnecessary and
give you nothing more than expensive urine if your diet is balanced from whole natural,
unprocessed foods in moderation.

Get lean, eat as little as possible and if you train wisely, you will maintain a remarkable
amount of muscular mass when contrasted to your previously existing ‘set point’ all
the while being mindful and fully expecting a small decline with the passing of time.
I think you will not only look better now but feel better and be much healthier; i.e.,
the absence of disease (disease, which I think GH fosters as a function of time if above
your individual guidelines). Yes, you can do that on TRT.

You could not pay me enough money to try insulin or HG. Not now, not yesterday,
not tomorrow. Never. Too many ‘future’ unknowns in my opinion. I am simply not
amenable to the ‘grief to gross ratio’ as they say in brokerage business.

At age, 65, and having trained with weights longer than most members here have
probably been alive, while holding the world record for mistakes in weight training.
And while trying to be objective while looking back and at myself, now I am glad I
started testosterone at age 50 (don’t get me wrong, it has been a blessing, though
not without its ups and down which were totally my fault) as opposed to the naiveté
of my youth, I sure as hell would have abused it as I am an all or nothing person,
like a light switch . . . on or off. I am difficult to moderate, still, to this day, though
I am getting better.

And my unsolicited opinion on training at our age (I am 65) . . .

I think ‘seniors’ need more frequent workouts, not less. For each body part, 3 days
a week would be my recommendation. And while you feel you ‘may’ need more time
for recovery, you will become accustomed to this training and it won’t be an issue.
also think because of the accelerated muscular atrophy that is a normal function of
ageing your workouts need to be frequent with the intensity high with the duration
being low and the pace of your work outs brisk, as i, fast. So brief, frequent, quick
(not quick movements, controlled) and intense. I know is contrary to what most people
have been lead to believe, but this has been my experience and the experience
of others I have observed, genetic freaks happily excluded ;)

When you are younger it is easier to hold to muscle, hence working muscle every five
to seven day (we have seen the trend) but as you age that is not the case. The longer
you wait between workouts, the more opportunity there is for muscular atrophy to
occur therefor you need more high intensity, brief, frequent work outs to stimulate
but not delve into your ability to recover which is a finite resource as you get older
regardless of what you ‘take’.

Squater, PM me if you want to talk about this (if I have not succeeded in completely
alienating you) or start another thread as I know this if off topic and I don’t want to
take your thread sideways anymore than I hope I have not already have :(

Sorry for the long rambling attempt to answer your question.

At 51, Im still trying to Stay #1...
Was running 1000 test e and 450 deca for the last 12 weeks. That's after 3 months on TRT+.
Running Trest at 25/25 with 500 test e and adding in 200 Tren E till May..
Biggest thing is I dropped all orals besides Proviron.
255 pds of some Pretty shredded Steal Still.

In my opinion . . .

I don’t think there is a ‘set’ age, a one size fits all answer but I think there are some
guidelines to help you with this: building or retaining a lean, healthy muscular mass.
A goal shared by all of us who life weights or compete.

We are all able to increase the size of a muscle with our without anabolics up to a
certain age (you pick the age). It is relative; inconsistent but an unavoidable factor.

And at that age, at best, we are able to maintain the muscle we have built.

Beyond that age, utterly regardless of that we so we will lose muscular mass. It is
unavoidable regardless of what you do, how you work out, or what you ‘take’.
It is governed by evolution and your own biology, which is shared by all others as
we age.

If you know what you are doing with anabolics (I don’t and very very few people do)
then they will work up to a certain point, beyond that they do more harm than good
in my opinion as the place an unnecessary burden on the body, thereby diminishing
progress and preventing the desired effect as observed by the unfortunate results of
many here. And furthermore, such extreme (you define, not me) behavior in others;
either now, or when they get older they will be wishing they never picked up the needle.
Hell, this forum is, shall I say, mostly dominated talk of drug usage (which has zero
correlation to being ‘hardcore’ . . that is a fantasy) and it’s side effects.

To finally (sorry) get around to answering you original question, personally, I would
never cycle after the age of 50 but rather try keeping all you blood work within limits.
And I would never, ever do any other anabolics, GH or insulin (more on that later).
When I started TRT, which is another other story (having never ‘done’ another anabolic
before or since . . . search the forum for my experiences , it does, I think, make for
some interesting reading). I think around that age one could do worse than focusing
on your health with the least amount of which most are completely unnecessary and
give you nothing more than expensive urine if your diet is balanced from whole natural,
unprocessed foods in moderation.

Get lean, eat as little as possible and if you train wisely, you will maintain a remarkable
amount of muscular mass when contrasted to your previously existing ‘set point’ all
the while being mindful and fully expecting a small decline with the passing of time.
I think you will not only look better now but feel better and be much healthier; i.e.,
the absence of disease (disease, which I think GH fosters as a function of time if above
your individual guidelines). Yes, you can do that on TRT.

You could not pay me enough money to try insulin or HG. Not now, not yesterday,
not tomorrow. Never. Too many ‘future’ unknowns in my opinion. I am simply not
amenable to the ‘grief to gross ratio’ as they say in brokerage business.

At age, 65, and having trained with weights longer than most members here have
probably been alive, while holding the world record for mistakes in weight training.
And while trying to be objective while looking back and at myself, now I am glad I
started testosterone at age 50 (don’t get me wrong, it has been a blessing, though
not without its ups and down which were totally my fault) as opposed to the naiveté
of my youth, I sure as hell would have abused it as I am an all or nothing person,
like a light switch . . . on or off. I am difficult to moderate, still, to this day, though
I am getting better.

And my unsolicited opinion on training at our age (I am 65) . . .

I think ‘seniors’ need more frequent workouts, not less. For each body part, 3 days
a week would be my recommendation. And while you feel you ‘may’ need more time
for recovery, you will become accustomed to this training and it won’t be an issue.
also think because of the accelerated muscular atrophy that is a normal function of
ageing your workouts need to be frequent with the intensity high with the duration
being low and the pace of your work outs brisk, as i, fast. So brief, frequent, quick
(not quick movements, controlled) and intense. I know is contrary to what most people
have been lead to believe, but this has been my experience and the experience
of others I have observed, genetic freaks happily excluded ;)

When you are younger it is easier to hold to muscle, hence working muscle every five
to seven day (we have seen the trend) but as you age that is not the case. The longer
you wait between workouts, the more opportunity there is for muscular atrophy to
occur therefor you need more high intensity, brief, frequent work outs to stimulate
but not delve into your ability to recover which is a finite resource as you get older
regardless of what you ‘take’.

Squater, PM me if you want to talk about this (if I have not succeeded in completely
alienating you) or start another thread as I know this if off topic and I don’t want to
take your thread sideways anymore than I hope I have not already have :(

Sorry for the long rambling attempt to answer your question.
How many sets per body part?

I haven't started the Eq yet but this is the info I was looking for. I was actually thinking of lowering the deca and adding Tren E but I'm not so sure that's a compound I need to use at my age unless like everything else keep the doses low.

I’d ditch the eq. You can safely add primobolan in its place. Eq makes your blood too thick which is risk of a stroke for us old guys.

Not only for you old guys, EQ is falsely called a 'mild' AAS imo. It's blood thickening effect is dangerous even on it's own, let alone combined with other blood thickening AAS. Would never use it personally.

Wow, awesome post @alfresco

Not the OP but I have to say: thanks for taking the time to write that!
His posts are always great. I mostly do the opposite of what preaches but deep down I know he is right. This board and us members need people like him and maldorf to regularly remind us that there will almost inevitably be consequences to what we're doing.

Father Time has taken on all challengers and he is still undefeated. That said, FUCK IT, I am going down swinging. I am a TRT guy and I am committed to that for life. Almost all my supps are related to heart health (Ubiquinol, pomegranate, baby asprin, krill oil, vitamin d/k combo, etc.). I am training hard with high frequency (low volume per workout) 6 x per week. All body parts get hit 2x per week. Some form of LISS cardio 5-6 days per week. Trying to eat 1grm of protein per lb of bodyweight (200 per day for me). And most of all, being consistent as a motherfukxer. I look good and feel great. 51.... dreading the aging process... but ready to fight and stay inspired by others like me or even older. I hope I can do the same for someone too.

How old is to old to cycle ?
I would like to hear from the old times like me at 61

This response has nothing to do with ‘cycles’. Out of my range
of purview. Sorry :(

Has to do with training. :)

In my response to age, Buck wrote . . .

How many sets per body part?

Hey buck. How are you?

Good question here. Will do my best to answer your question based
upon my experience and the results produced by others I know.

For me, I like 1 isolation and a 1 compound movement per body part
whenever possible. There are exception like calf raises, forename curls,
etc., usually movements around a single joint, axis of rotation. But
there are usually ways to increase the intensity to make them more
productive, involving drop sets for examples and other methodologies
to increase intensity.

Sets; I usually perform no more than two sets of any one exercise and
rarely ever perform more than three sets of an exercise and some-
times use only one set of each exercise.

Examples of one set would be 50 rep squats perfumed to failure,
usually on Friday so you will have the weekend to recover. Properly
performed, you should feel like you just climbed a tall mountain
with a refrigerator strap to your pack. You should be breathing like
a locomotive, out of breadth, with puking (not necessary but not
uncommon until one becomes conditioned) an option, but the
willingness and the ability to do another set or another exercise
should be beyond your imagination. That is how hard one should
train to achieve meaningful results. Most people are not willing to
work that hard, will find excuses not to do so.

Two sets to failure are fine using a ‘true’ pre-exhaust routine or
just two normal sets with a set for the opposing muscle group in-
between to increase your recovery. Again, always to failure.
With three sets of an exercise I usually experienced reduced growth
and had to reduce it to no more two sets of the same exercise.

This type of exercise, performed to utter failure should not be fun.
I used to have ‘nightmares’ prior to my workouts, could not remove
the ruminating thoughts from my brain regarding the next workout.
I did not look forward to them, hated working out . . . but I liked,
could not believe the results.

I can go into more detail on how to perform the sets based on my
experience, my best results if you would like. I think it is, perhaps,
different than the way they most people train so I won’t do into
that much detail here.

Finally . . . apart from intensity of effort, confidence may well be
the most important factor for the production of the best rate of
training progress as without confidence in his ability to produce
good results, you will seldom be able to produce them and never in
proportion to the efforts you expended.

As with all things in life, results will vary according to many variables.
People are individuals and possible variations in the individual
response to training are literally infinite, so a program that is exactly
right for one man will seldom if ever be perfect for another man;
but while the total number of possible variations is certainly great,
the range of possible variations is quite small and the limits of that
range are clearly known to me. Because of the great number of
possible variations in response to training, so it is impossible to
outline a program that will be ’right’ for everybody.

Once you become conditioned to a routine of heavy exercise, there
will always be a natural temptation to increase the number of sets or
the number of exercises and in some cases this is desirable; but in
a vast majority of cases, such increases should be avoided. Once
well-conditioned, you will a have a feeling of improved energy, and
will feel like utilizing this energy in longer workouts, but this almost
is always a huge mistake. After all, the purpose of training is to
increase the persons stores of energy while increasing both his
strength and muscular ‘efficiency’ (the ability to perform’ a set
correctly) and if this energy is wasted in workouts of increased
length or frequency, then a condition of over training will soon result,
and progress will be greatly reduced. That has been my experience
and what I have observed in others.

Probably more information then you asked for. I hope this answered
your question, did not go out in the ‘weeds’ too far . . . was not trying
to be ‘illusive’ but this is just the way I see it.

I'm 63 today.Been juicing for over half of my life.I NEVER go off.....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws