advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All of a sudden I can't pin my quads without excruciating pain, what changed?!

I had the same thing happen over the last year or so.

Since my quads are so large they've always been a regular spot for shots - I can do at least 6 different spots on each quad. What started happening a year or so ago is I'd go to do a shot and as soon as the needle touched the skin - not broke the skin, just touched it - I'd get an intense stinging pain. I'd always just grit my teeth and deal with it. I also had a handful of times where I hit a nerve and had that feeling of a lightning strike, and prior to 2022 I had never hit a nerve in my quads.

I don't know what causes this but I'd guess it has something to do with nerve irritation from years of injections. I still inject my quads but I do other spots more often now. I've had much less issues with quads injections in the last 6 months so giving them a break should help.
So thats 12 different spots just in quads? What the fuck?

lay on the floor on your side.
bring your top leg up so that you have 90 degree bend in the knee and are leaning on it. so left shoulder on the ground, right leg rasied and bent at 90. you can hit the outer quadrent of the glute and even use two hands.

hips are great. they seem weird at fist but you can do it standing use two hands and get plenty in there.

delts you can hit three way. down into the medial like putting the pin in the floor. rear delt sitting in a chair bent over. then like traditional sort of dr visit way.

lats have like 3 spots.

tris have two and are great.
bis outer.

i dont use quads as much any more as they too have gotten kind of ouchy.

anything small like 1cc or less and water you just jab all willy nilly in the cheeks with out much issue. 1.5 and up really best to hit they target area.
3 diff spots in lats? Even one spot hurts like a mf to me. Also i tried half of cc in bicep and 1 in tricep both hurt like a mf. Does the body get used to pins over time? I only do shoulders.

lay on the floor on your side.
bring your top leg up so that you have 90 degree bend in the knee and are leaning on it. so left shoulder on the ground, right leg rasied and bent at 90. you can hit the outer quadrent of the glute and even use two hands.

This is exactly how I’ve done it for years too. Agreed on being able to use both hands as well. Very easy to inject this way.

This is something that has slowly been building up and it's apparently come to a head. I have always pinned my quads, top, side, middle.....never had an issue. Over the winter I pinned once and had one of the worst pains I've ever experienced in my life, figured it was a one off and hit a nerve or blood vessel whatever. Lately though it's happening every single time and in both quads, my last probably 5 pins I've tried to use my quads and just can't anymore it's torture.

Has anyone been through this? Where all of a sudden you can't use a site anymore? What the hell changed all of a sudden, why is every spot on my quads seemingly a nerve now.....?
Scanning through the thread you don't seem to be a one off. I'm wondering if the suppliers you guys use are compounding with solvents and or oils that are causing you inflammation. To eliminate his possibility try pharma grade after letting the site rest for 2 weeks between trials.

It’s weird that many have had this happen. For a few years, about 10-15 years ago I could hit quads fine. One day, redness, and lump from hell was all it took and I was done. Between shoulders, glutes, and triceps I’m fine. Never quads again.

Same here, only in the past 2 years or so.

Not sure why but I got to the point where I would pin quads and immediately have nerve pain down the leg. I would pin the middle of the quad a feel a gripping pain almost down my IT band. It was so weird where that same nerve ending would fire up doing other things throughout the week. That was my sign to just stop pinning quads altogether. I basically only do lats, delts, rear delts (if u can reach them, and bis/tris. That’s about it.

Scanning through the thread you don't seem to be a one off. I'm wondering if the suppliers you guys use are compounding with solvents and or oils that are causing you inflammation. To eliminate his possibility try pharma grade after letting the site rest for 2 weeks between trials.

I haven't pinned quads in more than 6 months I've switched to glutes and delts. I tried quads recently and had the same results, excruciating pain.

Same, I haven't pinned quads for gear in a long time but I've been doing high dose bpc and tb(1g and 5g respectively) daily in my VMO because of a knee injury. Slin pin goes in OK but when I pull out, its almost as if the skin, fascia, connective tissue gets misaligned and the pin gets stuck. When it pops out, I can see lower level tissue sort of move/ripple back in place as two sheets on top of each other.

OMT - Old Man Tissue

I can't even inject water based gear in my quads. Tried it a few times in different spots over the years, PIP was just bad. Even the 31G needle felt uncomfortbale, like my whole Quad is just one big nerve. It is pity since it is such a large real estate and easy to reach, and you can sit down too!

Maybe @Type-IIx can chime in, really curious why this can vary so much between guys. And how it even can change with time. Are the nerves just more sensitive after getting the muscle getting stabbed so often?

Had a weird quad pin while on vacation about 6 months ago..never had an issue before that..afraid to try it again

after 1 month of agressive antbiotics my body is responding to every shot I do with a soft tissue infection, from 2 diff reputable labs on here, pisses me off, wiped out my immune system, has nothing to do with gear I've resterilizied it on stove

Same happened to me, no more quads.

after 1 month of agressive antbiotics my body is responding to every shot I do with a soft tissue infection, from 2 diff reputable labs on here, pisses me off, wiped out my immune system, has nothing to do with gear I've resterilizied it on stove
Yep! What most people dont realize, which I learned from someone extremely intelligent/knowledgable last week. A lot of times PIP, and/or swelling is a systemic inflammatory response. Hense why at the end of preps stuff usually knots up so much as body is going through so much stress.

Cant guarantee this for everything, but injectable glutathione and NAD+ usually helps clear this up. As well as making sure inflammation is being controlled from a nutritional standpoint, recovery etc.

Yep! What most people dont realize, which I learned from someone extremely intelligent/knowledgable last week. A lot of times PIP, and/or swelling is a systemic inflammatory response. Hense why at the end of preps stuff usually knots up so much as body is going through so much stress.

Cant guarantee this for everything, but injectable glutathione and NAD+ usually helps clear this up. As well as making sure inflammation is being controlled from a nutritional standpoint, recovery etc.
thanks bro! always grateful for your knowledge. I will get back on the inject glutathione and NAD , and agreed about other variables.

Very similar experience (to what Dom said not the quad thing) very rarely get bad pip but often when I do it’s a sign I’m about to get the flu or something friends I speak to when I’ve mentioned this have realised it’s often been the same with them

Maybe coincidence or maybe like Dom said when the systems already run down it just pushes it further

One unusual thing I’ve had twice recently but never prior was pressure with glute injections actually firing the plunger out of the syringe anyone else had similar?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity