over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All time top money earning pro bodybuilders

Getnbiggger

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
So while I was driving to work this morming I was thinking about Jay's recent Olympia win and the 200k prize money. I was thinking how if he won 3 Arnolds at 100k per and 3 Olympias at 100Kx2 and 200Kx1 he has won 700k in prize money on just these six shows alone. Which led me to thinking, what pro bodybuilder has won the most prize money? While Im sure pro bodybuilders and amateur bodybuilders dont necessarily compete with prize money in mind, especially in the "good old days" when prize money was minimal at best, its got to be a consideration as this is not only a way of life for pros but it is also a job.

Altogether I would guess Ronnie b/c he won all those Olympias as well as 1st place in almost every other show he was in in those yrs, certain yrs he did 3-4 shows back to back

I would say Ronnie

That doesn't seem much to me....these guys spend over 5k a month on gear alone ! Plus, I know the UFC guys make a million bucks per fight !

I guess I am not turning into a pro:D

Ignoring Arnold's earning outside of bodybuilding I would think Jay is likely the most focused businessman. While Ronnie certainly isn't hurting Jay seems to be as much or more about the business.

Honorable mention definitely goes to Ferigno who is still raking it in years later on the strength of the hulk.

Of course I'm just guessing.

Not sure if it's true but I remember reading that Dexter had won the most prize money, as of 2008.

Shelby I think commentator mentioned that at the o this year that Dexter was top earner for08. I thought they mentioned a figure too but can't remember. Maybe like 500k or so? Ne catch that?

That doesn't seem much to me....these guys spend over 5k a month on gear alone ! Plus, I know the UFC guys make a million bucks per fight !

UFC guys dont make a mil per fight.... maybe after endorsements they come close but even the top quys only bring in 100K-600K per fight before all the charges taxes and stuff. still more then a BBer but not a million :cool:

UFC guys dont make a mil per fight.... maybe after endorsements they come close but even the top quys only bring in 100K-600K per fight before all the charges taxes and stuff. still more then a BBer but not a million :cool:

I've seen Minotaur's check for 1 mil in person at a Brazilian party after a fight last year....not kidding.

Your numbers are skewed at best.

5k a month? so 60k a year? LOL.

UFN 19 Payouts : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA
One milion? Their sponsors must be covering the rest of the $950,000 per fight x 2-3 fights per year. I guess American Fighter must be making hundreds of millions to cover all the fighters' pay.

Think before you speak about things you know nothing about.

Here is what Minotauro got paid for fighting Randy ($ is after the win bonus)
**broken link removed**

Only the top 3-5 guys per weight class can make a million+ PER YEAR. Randy, Big Nog, Lesnar, GSP, Anderson Silva, etc. If they fight 3x and factor in endorsements up the ass... then you're getting some money. Most? No. I know a guy who's fought in the UFC 7 times with a decent record. He still has to bounce on the weekends.

Last edited:

One milion? Their sponsors must be covering the rest of the $950,000 per fight x 2-3 fights per year. I guess American Fighter must be making hundreds of millions to cover all the fighters' pay.

**broken link removed**

Only the top 3-5 guys per weight class can make a million+ PER YEAR. Randy, Big Nog, Lesnar, GSP, Anderson Silva, etc. If they fight 3x and factor in endorsements up the ass... then you're getting some money. Most? No. I know a guy who's fought in the UFC 7 times with a decent record. He still has to bounce on the weekends.

dont go by mmapayouts...ufc is a private company and from those websites you are only getting the purse for the fight...not the contracted rate that ufc negotiates in ppv numbers etc...so yes the top fighters do get around a million per fight, multiple millions per year if they headline 2 shows and another fight..says 3 fights per year is what most top contract at...randy, chuck bj etc... yes the discrepency between the top and the low ones is ridiculous!! but as a monopoly they only have to pay the top right now!!!

Last edited:
Its funny how much some sports can make an athlete. The latest floyd mayweather jr fight, he was four pounds over on the scale and had to give I think 3 milllion to his opponent as a fine. Basically lost more money on a simple fine than UFC or pro bodybuilders make

Its funny how much some sports can make an athlete. The latest floyd mayweather jr fight, he was four pounds over on the scale and had to give I think 3 milllion to his opponent as a fine. Basically lost more money on a simple fine than UFC or pro bodybuilders make

i could be wrong but i pretty sure i read it was 300k not million

It was 600k.
fight weight was 144lb on the contract...Floyd came in at 146lbs. They agreed to let the fight continue and change the contract at 300k per lbs over.

i could be wrong but i pretty sure i read it was 300k not million

It was 600k.
fight weight was 144lb on the contract...Floyd came in at 146lbs. They agreed to let the fight continue and change the contract at 300k per lbs over.

Ah there we go. I was way off with 3 million

but those numbers still back up my thinking

So while I was driving to work this morming I was thinking about Jay's recent Olympia win and the 200k prize money. I was thinking how if he won 3 Arnolds at 100k per and 3 Olympias at 100Kx2 and 200Kx1 he has won 700k in prize money on just these six shows alone. Which led me to thinking, what pro bodybuilder has won the most prize money? While Im sure pro bodybuilders and amateur bodybuilders dont necessarily compete with prize money in mind, especially in the "good old days" when prize money was minimal at best, its got to be a consideration as this is not only a way of life for pros but it is also a job.

I would bet its RONNIE,,JAY,,AND DORIAN
The money these guys have made in endorsments and promotions have been successful too.

**broken link removed**

I guess my numbers were not skewed then....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131