over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

That planet is approximately 120,000,000,000 (120 Trillion) miles away from us.

Light travels at 186,000 miles per second or 40,000,000 miles per hour.

1 Light year is 6,000,000,000 (6 Trillion Miles)

So if we could travel at 40 million MPH, it would take 20 years to reach the closest habitable planet.

The fastest speed we have attained so far is with the space shuttle and that was about 18,000 MPH - which is way short of 40 Million miles per hour.

At that speed, it would take about 560,000 years to reach the closest habitable planet.

I think we are going to have to find someway to fold space or invoke molecular transfer - "beam me up Scotty."

VASIMIR engines, google them. relativistic velocities are perfectally capable. with an acceleration time period of 70 years these engines are capable of reaching 90+% of C. meaning the onboard time would be around 50-70 years depending on final velocity. however kiss your family and friends goodbye.

Space and etc...

Does not interest me at all.
call me a simpleton but i was born here and will die here. don't feel i have any business in space.

closest thing to being in another world was scuba diving for me. i went 100ft deep in Hawai and it is like another world. it was beautiful.

tkav, pretty cool find and its kinda fun to wonder "what if" but i just don't think we were made to go there and do things like that. if we do, i could see it being a modern day Babylon (reference to the biblical story).

on the other hand YES i would help out with procreation and YES i would vote to have AAS legal.:D
-JS

call me a simpleton but i was born here and will die here. don't feel i have any business in space.

closest thing to being in another world was scuba diving for me. i went 100ft deep in Hawai and it is like another world. it was beautiful.

X-100 , their is very few things that will detach you from reality like diving on a nice reef , some of the best theropy for me

Maybe we could just beam a signal to say "s'up?" and wait 40 years for the answer? Unless they are much more advanced than us… and maybe not so nice and after we send the "here we are!"… they use some sort of wormhole to pop into my kitchen, then suck me back to their planet and use me as an appetizer? Maybe they have a big proboscis to suck out my brain like that big bug in "Starship Troopers"? Are you sure you want to call these guys?

That planet is approximately 120,000,000,000 (120 Trillion) miles away from us.

Light travels at 186,000 miles per second or 40,000,000 miles per hour.

1 Light year is 6,000,000,000 (6 Trillion Miles)

So if we could travel at 40 million MPH, it would take 20 years to reach the closest habitable planet.

The fastest speed we have attained so far is with the space shuttle and that was about 18,000 MPH - which is way short of 40 Million miles per hour.

At that speed, it would take about 560,000 years to reach the closest habitable planet.

I think we are going to have to find someway to fold space or invoke molecular transfer - "beam me up Scotty."

tkav, pretty cool find and its kinda fun to wonder "what if" but i just don't think we were made to go there and do things like that. if we do, i could see it being a modern day Babylon (reference to the biblical story).

on the other hand YES i would help out with procreation and YES i would vote to have AAS legal.:D
-JS

I just dont believe we've been given these incredible brains, unique to life on this planet to not use them. eventually if mankind wants to survive as a species we are going to have to leave this planet and venture out into the cosmos. It is a bleak reality to realize that eventually this planet will be incapable of sustaining life, and mars for a short period of time will be in the goldy locks zone for possible habitation. i dont believe it would be a second babylon, but a logical progression in our own evolution. minimum 100000 years before we develop the tech required to make such a trip feesable.

Maybe we could just beam a signal to say "s'up?" and wait 40 years for the answer? Unless they are much more advanced than us… and maybe not so nice and after we send the "here we are!"… they use some sort of wormhole to pop into my kitchen, then suck me back to their planet and use me as an appetizer? Maybe they have a big proboscis to suck out my brain like that big bug in "Starship Troopers"? Are you sure you want to call these guys?

Hawkings warning of extraterrestrial hostility is a logical conclusion based on how life on earth evolved and the meetings between more and less advanced civilizations. but i would guarantee that any life we may encounter will be vastly different from what our wildest imaginations could come up with. SETI actually already has a protocal for first contact, and in that protocal, they could have already made contact and we would never know. it states that the information should be kept secrete and handed over to the government.

VASIMIR engines, google them. relativistic velocities are perfectally capable. with an acceleration time period of 70 years these engines are capable of reaching 90+% of C. meaning the onboard time would be around 50-70 years depending on final velocity. however kiss your family and friends goodbye.

With a Vasimir engine, the trip to Mars would take 39 days. Mars is 36,000,000 miles away. That is approximately 1 million miles a day. The distance to the nearest habitable planet is 12,000,000,000 million miles - that is 12 billion million miles. So if you divide 12 billion by 365, you would come up with the number of years it would take a Vasimir engine to get to the closest habitable planet.

The articles on the Vasimir engine talk about the need for a nuclear engine to reach space travel speed.

With a Vasimir engine, the trip to Mars would take 39 days. Mars is 36,000,000 miles away. That is approximately 1 million miles a day. The distance to the nearest habitable planet is 12,000,000,000 million miles - that is 12 billion million miles. So if you divide 12 billion by 365, you would come up with the number of years it would take a Vasimir engine to get to the closest habitable planet.

The articles on the Vasimir engine talk about the need for a nuclear engine to reach space travel speed.

you cant use the maximum velocity achieved for the mars trip, the VASIMR engine will have much much more time to accelerate to its peak velocity, as of right now the idea is, since its fuel is hydroge, and there is 1 hydrogen atom in every cm^3 in empty space it can pick up more fuel as it travels. you are correct however in the fact that a nuclear power generator will be necessary for the trip. ill find and pm the article with the projected maximum velocity and the power requirements for such a trip, to you.

I think their is life out their watching us , saying
"look at what they are doing to their planet"

Hawkings warning of extraterrestrial hostility is a logical conclusion based on how life on earth evolved and the meetings between more and less advanced civilizations. but i would guarantee that any life we may encounter will be vastly different from what our wildest imaginations could come up with. SETI actually already has a protocal for first contact, and in that protocal, they could have already made contact and we would never know. it states that the information should be kept secrete and handed over to the government.

It's funny, I always had a very positive and optimistic outlook to extraterrestrial contact until I read Carl Sagan's book, A Demon Haunted World. His warning is that there is a REASON why there isn't much chatter out there over space's airwaves. Those civilizations still advanced yet much less advanced than others (think Billions of years evolution of advanced beings vs. our thousands of years evolutions based on earliest man) have for the most part gone dark in protection of themselves. You send out a beacon, and you now become a potential target. Our beacons thankfully are very, very slow moving radio and then TV/Satellite wavelengths.

I'm still optimistic of the first widespread extraterrestrial discovery since it should begin to break down most barriers within the human race. Once everyone realizes that we as homo sapiens are one, racial tension should ease. Religion on the otherhand might take some time to readjust and adapt.

It's funny, I always had a very positive and optimistic outlook to extraterrestrial contact until I read Carl Sagan's book, A Demon Haunted World. His warning is that there is a REASON why there isn't much chatter out there over space's airwaves. Those civilizations still advanced yet much less advanced than others (think Billions of years evolution of advanced beings vs. our thousands of years evolutions based on earliest man) have for the most part gone dark in protection of themselves. You send out a beacon, and you now become a potential target. Our beacons thankfully are very, very slow moving radio and then TV/Satellite wavelengths.

I'm still optimistic of the first widespread extraterrestrial discovery since it should begin to break down most barriers within the human race. Once everyone realizes that we as homo sapiens are one, racial tension should ease. Religion on the otherhand might take some time to readjust and adapt.

Agreed!

I can't imagine what religious fanatics would come up with to defend their beliefs if in fact we are visited/contacted.

Anyhow I think we're doomed once they see how hostile we are towards eachother. Surely an enigma to them it will be (where's the Yoda emoticon?).

Hopefully they'll donate our bodies to their science & not just toss our carcass(if anything left of it) to the way side.:headbang:

Sick!

to bad though will never know anything about it for life times becuase we would have to go there to know if there were any life forms at all.

there is 100% chance there is life outside of us wich is truly amazing if you think about it. My guess would be most life in the cosmos would be pretty basic and below human intelligence for the most part across this cosmos. My guess wich i am no einstien or hawking but i would guess that 99% of life spread through the cosmos is below human intelligence and that 2% rivals us and is even more intelligent then humans.

SB

Agreed!

I can't imagine what religious fanatics would come up with to defend their beliefs if in fact we are visited/contacted.

Anyhow I think we're doomed once they see how hostile we are towards eachother. Surely an enigma to them it will be (where's the Yoda emoticon?).

Hopefully they'll donate our bodies to their science & not just toss our carcass(if anything left of it) to the way side.:headbang:

thats an easy one.
God created man in his image. he could have also easily created beings not in his image. actually makes perfect sense that he would create more than only one species to worship him. he is a "proud" god.
ok, no religion battle it gets super annoying and goes in circles but suffice to say i am a christian and think its POSSIBLE there are other beings out there but i think its unlikely we will ever have significant contact with them.
-JS

Sick!

to bad though will never know anything about it for life times becuase we would have to go there to know if there were any life forms at all.

there is 100% chance there is life outside of us wich is truly amazing if you think about it. My guess would be most life in the cosmos would be pretty basic and below human intelligence for the most part across this cosmos. My guess wich i am no einstien or hawking but i would guess that 99% of life spread through the cosmos is below human intelligence and that 2% rivals us and is even more intelligent then humans.

SB

Soooooooo that's 101%. We're doomed.:eek:

thats an easy one.
God created man in his image. he could have also easily created beings not in his image. actually makes perfect sense that he would create more than only one species to worship him. he is a "proud" god.
ok, no religion battle it gets super annoying and goes in circles but suffice to say i am a christian and think its POSSIBLE there are other beings out there but i think its unlikely we will ever have significant contact with them.
-JS

I apologize JS. I should have worded that better. I meant no disrespect towards anyone's faith. Again sincere apology bro.

Soooooooo that's 101%. We're doomed.:eek:

LMAO!

J-Diggs post is a bit disturbing. we are kinda idiots to be beaming a signal for aliens to come visit us cuz if they have the technology to get here they prolly could enslave us and/or take over the planet. why would they come here just to chat?
-JS

Since a basic principle of matter (when placed within certain environments) is to evolve and adapt (increasing levels of complexity), then one would expect that on each planet then the basic elements would do the same thing.

One would expect life forms to evolve and eventually reach some form of self-awareness (consciousness). If environmental conditions were right, then this is fairly certain.

Given that they did not destroy themselves (as we have been trying to do since we organized into social groups), then this evolution over time - might lead to a level of intelligence we can only imagine.

If you are interested in just how far our current capability can evolve, you need to read the book Prodigy, about William James Sidis.

Sidis could read the New York Times at 18 months and had reportedly taught himself eight languages (Latin, Greek, French, Russian, German, Hebrew, Turkish, and Armenian) by age eight.

He was admitted to Harvard at age 11. At age 9 he lectured to 100 of the worlds top Physicist on the 4th dimension and most of them could not understand his explanation.

He eventually could speak over 40 languages. He had perfect total recall - he remembered everything he read and saw down to the smallest detail.

He could walk into a library, walk through the stacks, come outside and tell you where every book was located and the books on either side of it.

By the age of 12 he was more advanced in mathematics than anyone currently living.

This is what our brain is capable of, and although some of that capability make be structural, most of it is chemical. Once we crack the chemical code every human will have the opportunity to be brighter than most of the people living today.

If we can evolve this far in a few hundred thousand years, think what might happen on a planet far, far away where intelligent life may have been evolving for a billion years.

Last edited:
Since a basic principle of matter (when placed within certain environments) is to evolve and adapt (increasing levels of complexity), then one would expect that on each planet then the basic elements would do the same thing.

One would expect life forms to evolve and eventually reach some form of self-awareness (consciousness). If environmental conditions were right, then this is fairly certain.

Given that they did not destroy themselves (as we have been trying to do since we organized into social groups), then this evolution over time - might lead to a level of intelligence we can only imagine.

If you are interested in just how far our current capability can evolve, you need to read the book Prodigy, about William James Sidis.

Sidis could read the New York Times at 18 months and had reportedly taught himself eight languages (Latin, Greek, French, Russian, German, Hebrew, Turkish, and Armenian) by age eight.

He was admitted to Harvard at age 11. At age 9 he lectured to 100 of the worlds top Physicist on the 4th dimension and most of them could not understand his explanation.

He eventually could speak over 40 languages. He had perfect total recall - he remembered everything he read and saw down to the smallest detail.

He could walk into a library, walk through the stacks, come outside and tell you where every book was located and the books on either side of it.

By the age of 12 he was more advanced in mathematics than anyone currently living.

This is what our brain is capable of, and although some of that capability make be structural, most of it is chemical. Once we crack the chemical code every human will have the opportunity to be brighter than most of the people living today.

If we can evolve this far in a few hundred thousand years, think what might happen on a planet far, far away where intelligent life may have been evolving for a billion years.

they have better cell phones than us?!?!:D
-JS

Could 'Goldilocks' planet be just right for life? | General Headlines | Comcast.net

I believe in our lifetime we will discover life outside of our planet. this is absolutely incredible.

I have to say I love the arrogance of most scientist...."life can't exist without water"...says who? they have found life forms that can thrive in acidic enviroments, and what they call "water bears" that are a simple life form that can survive in the vacum of space....

There's liquid methane on Titan (moon of saturn), with a dense atmosphere. who is to say other life forms don't use methane like we use water?

untill we actually start funding nasa , instead of taking funds away, we will never know. Some of the most usefull items we use on a daily basis came from the space program.

but in all reality how stupid are we? sending signals into space saying, "here we are" .... we better hope anyone that responds is friendly, because if they can get to us, they are already far superior.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity