advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jay Cutler looking amazing(at almost 50).

What are you referring to here?
Showcasing that the lifestyle of a competitive bodybuilder is profitable. That you can make good money and gain opportunity through sponsorships and endorsements. It does not apply to most. You have to be marketable and/or successful on stage. Tom Platz was actually the first to do this. Arnold didn’t make much money competing and there were no lucrative sponsorship contracts during his time. Platz had his face everywhere and was doing interviews, endorsements, and seminars. Shawn Ray took that even further doing the same plus all of his magazine covers, the FLEX workout series on ESPN, stuff like that. Jay followed suit. He had that Muscletech contract, which at that time was gold. He was always the first one at an expo, last one to leave because he knows how much the fans contribute to his success. To be honest, the top guys in the '90s all benefited from that with everything I just mentioned plus Mitsuru Okabe’s DVD’s. Jay just benefited the most and was also very smart with how he did business.

Showcasing that the lifestyle of a competitive bodybuilder is profitable. That you can make good money and gain opportunity through sponsorships and endorsements. It does not apply to most. You have to be marketable and/or successful on stage. Tom Platz was actually the first to do this. Arnold didn’t make much money competing and there were no lucrative sponsorship contracts during his time. Platz had his face everywhere and was doing interviews, endorsements, and seminars. Shawn Ray took that even further doing the same plus all of his magazine covers, the FLEX workout series on ESPN, stuff like that. Jay followed suit. He had that Muscletech contract, which at that time was gold. He was always the first one at an expo, last one to leave because he knows how much the fans contribute to his success. To be honest, the top guys in the '90s all benefited from that with everything I just mentioned plus Mitsuru Okabe’s DVD’s. Jay just benefited the most and was also very smart with how he did business.
Your analysis is commendable. 👏

Jim

Jay is looking amazing, and he is almost 50 years of age. A true inspiration.
He says he wants to get his best post retirement look in the coming months/year, so I guess he is going to blast shit again :D.

Skip to 28:30 for his physique update/'starting point'.

He’s going to start looking REALLY amazing in the next few months. He’s started training as if he were going to compete in the Mr O. He’s chronicling the whole process on his social media sites.

Jay has said on his YouTube channel that every time he got a big paycheck from winning a contest he invested every penny of it, real estate, etc., and didn’t blow any on cars or jewelry or anything like that.

His home is valued at $1.5 million. He’s been very smart. And he’s only going to keep doing better and better in my estimation.

Jay has said on his YouTube channel that every time he got a big paycheck from winning a contest he invested every penny of it, real estate, etc., and didn’t blow any on cars or jewelry or anything like that.

His home is valued at $1.5 million. He’s been very smart. And he’s only going to keep doing better and better in my estimation.
That's why he's one of the most successful bodybuilder

Jim

His home is valued at $1.5 million.
That's it? His house is enormous. Are houses cheaper in the states? Where I live every detached home goes for over a million. You couldn't get a small condo in a nice place for less than 600k.

That's it? His house is enormous. Are houses cheaper in the states? Where I live every detached home goes for over a million. You couldn't get a small condo in a nice place for less than 600k.

Even with inflated housing prices, in 90%+ of America a million dollar home is going to get you a very large house, if not enormous. Of course San Diego, NYC, Miami, San Fran, etc. etc. are going to have plenty of areas where $1M gets you a nice little house that's nothing great.

In your cities that are "average" you are going to get a pretty sweet house for $750K - $1.5K. I live in city with a population in the top 10 in america in the midwest and my best friend just bought a $950K house and it's 5 bedrooms, 4,750 sq feet, over an acre, all brick with a massive finished basement. His property taxes are also >$24,000 a year. In the US, most states use property taxes to fund schools so you get killed on taxes in nice school districts.

Hell for $500K if you look hard enough you get get a sweet house in most areas of the country.

He lives in the suburbs of Vegas - at one point that was extremely cheap real estate. Especially if you picked it up after 2008 meltdown. Good chance he paid around 750k for that house.

Do a quick search of the Dallas suburbs. You’ll be amazed at what a million dollars gets you in the Plano area - easily 5-6k square feet and pretty modern.

Now on the flip side - my area of South Florida is so fucking absurd. I sold my house in Delray Beach during Covid for a million dollars and it was barely 3k square feet…

I sold my house in Delray Beach during Covid for a million dollars and it was barely 3k square feet…
That's the kind of bullshit we're dealing with in Canada, with the major cities being the worst. As a seller, it's fantastic. As a buyer, it's a nightmare.

Even with inflated housing prices, in 90%+ of America a million dollar home is going to get you a very large house, if not enormous. Of course San Diego, NYC, Miami, San Fran, etc. etc. are going to have plenty of areas where $1M gets you a nice little house that's nothing great.

In your cities that are "average" you are going to get a pretty sweet house for $750K - $1.5K. I live in city with a population in the top 10 in america in the midwest and my best friend just bought a $950K house and it's 5 bedrooms, 4,750 sq feet, over an acre, all brick with a massive finished basement. His property taxes are also >$24,000 a year. In the US, most states use property taxes to fund schools so you get killed on taxes in nice school districts.

Hell for $500K if you look hard enough you get get a sweet house in most areas of the country.
"Most states use property taxes to fund schools" 😂

They do…. Especially in Florida where we have no state income tax. The state relies on property taxes and the lottery.

Yep, i'm talking about those high tax states that charge a mortgage in property taxes and tell you "it's to fund schools". I thought that was funny.

Imagine fully paying off your entire house/mortgage and still paying $2,000-$3000 and in monthly property taxes for the rest of your life (that never stops increasing). Big ouch

They do…. Especially in Florida where we have no state income tax. The state relies on property taxes and the lottery.
Yep, i'm talking about those high tax states that charge a mortgage in property taxes and tell you "it's to fund schools". I thought that was funny.
People always love the no state income tax in Texas and Florida but they don't realize all the ways they make up for it. For example, in Texas sales tax is 8.25% - I remember visiting family in St. Louis as a teenager, buying a book, and seeing that the sales tax was only 0.625%. Government gets the money one way or another.

People always love the no state income tax in Texas and Florida but they don't realize all the ways they make up for it. For example, in Texas sales tax is 8.25% - I remember visiting family in St. Louis as a teenager, buying a book, and seeing that the sales tax was only 0.625%. Government gets the money one way or another.
Texas state tax is actually 6.25 but locals tax on top. Same difference but I think local taxation is a lot easier to digest.
I will say, I'd much prefer a sales tax, that I can choose to pay with my decision to purchase than an outright grab on what I earned. I'd love a sales tax to replace income tax anyday.
Your point still stands, the cash flows thataway one way or another.
Property tax is robbery. You effectively never own your own property/home

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311