over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolic Steroids are Supposedly a Gateway to Drug Abuse in Teens

Anything abused or used to alter your brain chemistry can potentially be a gateway "drug".

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Misleading? You must hate to admit that YOU WERE WRONG. You said that was a made up thing... And didn't post those abstracts to relate to what alfresco said but they DAMN SURE relate to what YOU said... They most CERTAINLY DO change brain function as those studies PROVE that. That site sells neuropsychiatric med which YOU said was a word he made up. So quit insulting good bro's and accept your ignorance and move along as you seem to be the one who doesn't know what he was talking about NOT Alfresco... Now they don't get you high necessarily which seems to be what you MEANT but not what you SAID...
Ok...another internet tough guy...huh. No insults, merely attempting to educate people who present as ignorant. There is no such thing as neuropsychiatric meds. There is Neuropsychiatry, which deals with mental disorders due to disease of the nervous system. Just cuz you went online and found a few abstracts does not mean you know what u or alfresco are speaking about. You do not. My 13 years of education in the field of addiction and clinical psychiatry, along with working in the field for almost 24 years trumps ur internet searches. Leave it alone bro...seriously.

Alright I'm dumb you're smart. Wait rec·re·a·tion·al (rĕk′rē-ā′shə-nəl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to recreation: recreational swimming.
2. Of or relating to the occasional use of drugs for pleasure or intoxication.

You don't know that a word can have more than one meaning... 13 years of education should teach ya that shit...

It PLEASES a lot of guys to look good. It DOES NOT INTOXICATE BUT IS STILL USED RECREATIONALLY!

Last edited:
thank you...we will just have to agree to disagree and the term "recreational drug use" then.

As posted if you look up the definition of rec drugs then sure steroids are rec drugs. But I think many of us have a different definition of rec drugs in our heads. I wouldn't put steroids in that definition. I also don't think steroids are a gateway drug to cocaine abuse. Well sure there are no definites and anything can act as a gateway. Nothuman's posts comes to mind but as I am sure he agrees it's improbable at best. It's not as if the AAS acted as a drug gateway but more the going to parties more. Another example could be a young guy who fucks up his natural test using AAS and then goes into a deep depression and starts drinking and taking cocaine etc. So sure anything can act like a gateway.

I have grown up surrounded by rec drugs and steroid users. Simple fact a fairly large number of young (and older) males would take steroids. You can multiply that number when it comes to "rec drugs". It's simply they will likely take both in their times but it's not because steroids acted as a gateway drug. Rec drugs are all over in many countries. Go to any party and it's full of cocaine. I was recently in the UK and I got asked about 5-6 times by complete strangers if I wanted some coke on one night out. I am well aware of the effects on brain chemistry steroids can have. I also consider them to be addictive but not in a chemical sense.

I do understand why some would consider them the same and sure they are used recreationally by many today. It's also true the amount of bad abusers who consider themselves not addicted to steroids. It's actually mind boggling and one of my mates comes to mind :eek::D

Last edited:
LK..i agree with u that aas users can be obsessive and at times abusers for sure. But what I'm referring to is alfresco stating that aas are recreational drugs. They are not. They are not classified as recreational becuz they are not psychoactive. Meaning they do not alter mood or brain chemistry solely for recreational purposes. alcohol, stimulants, depressants, psychedelics do. aas do not. Long term they may play a role in dopamine, norepinephrine, adrenal etc. But alfresco is stating that they are being used recreationally and aas do not meet the criteria as recreational drugs. Can't remember the last time I went to hang out with the bro's and I had a few cc's of test while attending a concert, bon fire etc. It's irresponsible to spread this type of label...that aas users are using recreational drugs. I'm honestly surprised that more bro's here are not offended by that statement, especially the bro's like myself who are responsible, safe, educated on aas, and utilize them for performance enhancement in a safe and responsible manner. Not all do, I know that, but I'm not going to sit here and let alfresco spread spew his rhetoric and false information about a lifestyle that is so close to my heart.

ive talked to him a lil bit about all this before and i agree with him on this subject.

i disagree with the idea that aas are not recreational drugs. they 100% are recreational drugs. they are different for sure then other catagories of recreational drugs.

i think steroid users like to put them selves on a pedestal in this idea thinking they are somehow better then someone who chooses to use some other sort of drug, whatever that may be.

even food. fuck how many ppl eat for recreation? 100% we all fucking do!

there is nothing wrong with that either.
here again we seem to have some anal guilty hang up on pleasure and enjoyment. why? lol we all like to have fun! we all like to feel love, and happy and warm n safe n all that other good shit. so why all the judgement and put downs.

why do you care if someone chooses to enjoy food and it shoes?
why do you care if another adult wants a glass of wine or a ciggarette or a line of blow for that matter?

if they are happy for it and living there life on more or less self sufficient semi productive terms.. even if they are not... who cares?

im all for trying to support ppl doing there good shit. i dont really care what that may be. its my choice what i do whith me.

the bigger issue is that we should not face harm or judgement by making these individual choices and that happens and is happening big time.

the whole my drug is better then your drug and i take steroids n go to the gym so im not a drug abuser and you are an obese smoker who live on beer n mcdonalds and is in denial about YOUR drug use is the mentality that cuases us more problems.

the science of drug shit is really facsinitating and really aas apply big time to it all right down to ritualistic pavlovian conditioning.:lightbulb:

accepting who we are and learning to love that is a mother fucker.
lol
happy weekend.
off to the gym n other recreational activities! lol :eek::love::headbang::D:star-w:rs

When you get down to it, bodybuilding is more or less a recreation. Something you do for enjoyment.

same situation with weed. ppl praise it and stuff but in the end its still just making you feel good and thats what drugs are about

same situation with weed. ppl praise it and stuff but in the end its still just making you feel good and thats what drugs are about

maybe im splitting heirs but... is it just limited to feeling good?

really at this point how can we separate life from drugs?

how many reading this have not relied on some drug at some time in your life in one way or another?

how many here would be alive if not for "modern medicine" and or "drugs"?

why must we differentiate so much this giant umbrella word drugs?

why are some "bad" and some "good" ?
100% if one uses whatever "good drug" irresponisbly one could incur harm. outside of social and legal ramifications we can not say that about some of the "bad" drugs...:lightbulb:

hence total fucking hypocrasy!
we need to abondon and destroy all of our generally accepted current ideas on this topic and start the fuck over with some reality and not pure fiction. on both sides, ppl have this whole concept fucked up.

Actually weed has MANY medical benefits and many people legit use it to treat those benefits with no intention or concern of getting high.

That’s complete bullshit. People who workout are less likely to use recreational drugs if anything.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws