over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anesthesia and Test

killbill

Registered
I am on 500mgs. enth./wk. and have to have surgery in 4 days. I was checking into how it affects the anesthesia several weeks back and had no worries until today. I have read a few things that say since your rbc count is elevated and white cell count is lower than usual it will make the anesthesia more potent, therefore the possibility of not waking up. It also said that it increases the chance of infection because the wbc count is lowered. Can anyone help out here or has anyone been "on" while going under? It's too late to lower my dose now being it's enanthate and telling my surgeon is not an option. What to do now bro's?

There are always risks when using anesthesia regardless. You may have elevated levels but all autonomic functions are monitored closely by both the anesthestiologist and the surgeon. Proper adjustments are made to accomidate and or combat such fluxuations. I'm not sure what type of surgery you are having or which county you are in but it is less than likely your AAS usage will effect the anesthtation process in a negative way when using competent doctors. They monitor your levels very closely during surgery.

Best of luck to you...

I am on 500mgs. enth./wk. and have to have surgery in 4 days. I was checking into how it affects the anesthesia several weeks back and had no worries until today. I have read a few things that say since your rbc count is elevated and white cell count is lower than usual it will make the anesthesia more potent, therefore the possibility of not waking up. It also said that it increases the chance of infection because the wbc count is lowered. Can anyone help out here or has anyone been "on" while going under? It's too late to lower my dose now being it's enanthate and telling my surgeon is not an option. What to do now bro's?

I am assuming that your surgeon (or whoever cleared you for surgery, possibly your PCP) ran a CBC on you prior to surgery. If so, the surgeon and anesthesiologist will be aware of your HCT, WBC, and platelet counts. If anything were significantly abnormal (e.g., low platelets or extremely high HCT), they would likely delay the procedure since it is elective. I'm also assuming that your BP is reasonably controlled or they may delay to start you on BP meds. At this point, I would not worry about it. Just make sure you rest up and follow all pre- and post-operative instructions from your surgeon. Best of luck with the procedure.

Thanks a bunch bro's. My doc didn't order any blood tests b4 the operation. It is pretty minor for the most part. I have blood drawn 2 times a year to keep an eye on my blood platelet counts and cholesterol, etc. and the last ones I had done were 2.5 months. Everything was in check at that time and I was on the same things I am now. My diet has improved considerably since the last tests so I should look pretty good on paper. I will let everyone know how it comes out.:D:D Thanks again.

Thanks a bunch bro's. My doc didn't order any blood tests b4 the operation. It is pretty minor for the most part. I have blood drawn 2 times a year to keep an eye on my blood platelet counts and cholesterol, etc. and the last ones I had done were 2.5 months. Everything was in check at that time and I was on the same things I am now. My diet has improved considerably since the last tests so I should look pretty good on paper. I will let everyone know how it comes out.:D:D Thanks again.

You could mention it to the anesthesiologist, they usually come by before surgery, and ask you how much you drink what kind of drugs you take, so he can dose you accordingly(the more you take the greater your tolerance is = more drugs to keep you under). Ask him if he could keep it out of your file, if he says yes tell him. Better to let him know than die to keep it secret... Besides i can spot any user in my gym a mile away, docs with their training probably can too....:eek:

you will have no problems, but you should let your surgeon know all meds your taking. he aint going to tell anyone just tell him you stopped but it might still be in your system. shit my dr knows now that i use gear i had know choice in telling him. and know it wasnt to get hrt therapy. but my friend tore his tendon and he told him he used gear. but its up to you. imo

i was running deca and test before surgery stopped two weeks prior, told the surgeon he said it was ok. i didnt have any problems fell asleep just fine :D

Complications while under anesthesia. Well, in this case of going under potent drugs like anesthesia I believe its better to be honest. some anabolics and other AAS can interfere with anesthesia because of blood volume (abundance of red cells can affect anesthesia absorption levels and possibly make it too potent). I would mention it now, because if you mention it that day, surgery might be canceled. But docs and anesthetists don’t really know a lot about steroids that is no secret either. Remember that gear does inhibit your immune system and you don’t recover from bleeding as well, not to mention that you may be susceptible to staph infections and flu or other airborne illnesses after surgery. But here’s the real reason they might freakout: You divulging this, particularly on the day of, creates a whole new reason for concern from these guys. There is a huge potential for a lawsuit if something went wrong, and malpractice insurance is already through the roof - particularly for anesthesiologists. Lawyers are circling the hospital waiting for a new case! They don’t want to get sued. Using anabolics are similar to use of other illegal drugs in the minds of health care professionals.

Well bro's I'm alive and the procedure went better than expected. Thanks again for all your input on the thread and I will be laying here dreaming of tossing around some plates asap.:D

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear