over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Antibiotics Question

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I watched a show the other night that said the antibiotics sold for animals are the exact same antibiotics used for humans. Any medical professionals here that can confirm or deny this?

Main reason I ask, I remember reading a number of posts of guys thinking they have an infection, but they won't got to the doctor because the either don't have insurance or don't have the funds to pay to see the doctor. So, antibiotics for animals requires no prescription and can be bought pretty much anywhere locally, not waiting for shipping etc. I know it's taking a chance that you don't get the "right" antibiotic, but there are certain ones we know work for things like cellulitis etc

thanks in advance

I have heard they are the same medication as well....

If its an antibiotic that needs to be dosed on size just make sure you adjust it accordingly for your usage.

As a physician, I can state this is NOT recommended...

But if dosed based on wt... should be equivalent...

There are some horses worth more than many humans I've encountered... they get vet grade abx...

There are some horses worth more than many humans I've encountered... they get vet grade abx...

So 100mg of say doxycycline for pets will be just as effective as 100mg of doxycycline from a pharmacy?

I know you state it isn't "recommended", but is it equivalent?

Yes, same thing. I use amoxicillin that is meant for fish all the time. You can get it at feed shops and whatnot. Still says USP on it too. I get ear infections like 3-4 times a year and no sense seeing a doc when i already know what it is

Yes, same thing. I use amoxicillin that is meant for fish all the time. You can get it at feed shops and whatnot. Still says USP on it too. I get ear infections like 3-4 times a year and no sense seeing a doc when i already know what it is

Yeah I used to know an older guy back when I was in college who would do this all the time. He didnt have insurance and would save his $ for gear.

CALVETSUPPLY.COM

not just equivalent....the exact same stuff

Doxycycline is prob the only one I'd use while on. It should keep skin clear and does not negatively affect AAS like some anti biotics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CALVETSUPPLY.COM

not just equivalent....the exact same stuff

That's who I use, there seems to be an issue with order processing though

Why go vet supply when u can get pharma grade antibiotics by GSK, JnJ, PFE etc from online Indian pharms for dirt cheap.

Why go vet supply when u can get pharma grade antibiotics by GSK, JnJ, PFE etc from online Indian pharms for dirt cheap.

because some people don't want to wait 2,3,4 weeks for their stuff to get in.

It has never taken more than 10-12 days but that's why just like everything else in this game - u plan ahead and keep some on hand. If ur in a rush though, I understand needing local.

They are definitely the exact same product. I dated a Vet way back when and she alerted me to this.

The only variable I would guess being the manufacturing process for a veterinary product is not as rigorously FDA inspected as a human product. Some of the Animal Drug companies are/were owned by the human drug companies.

I have a lot more faith in a USA commercially manufactured veterinarian product than I do the best under ground lab. Just saying.

Ps. I was always under the impression that a script was required for veterinarian drugs too. I will check out the above site. Any others recommended?

Pss: I just ordered some Keflex.

Last edited:
It has never taken more than 10-12 days but that's why just like everything else in this game - u plan ahead and keep some on hand. If ur in a rush though, I understand needing local.

I get what you're saying, but this doesn't just pertain to an injection infection or anything. It is wise to have it on hand

They are definitely the exact same product. I dated a Vet way back when and she alerted me to this.

The only variable I would guess being the manufacturing process for a veterinary product is not as rigorously FDA inspected as a human product. Some of the Animal Drug companies are/were owned by the human drug companies.

I have a lot more faith in a USA commercially manufactured veterinarian product than I do the best under ground lab. Just saying.

Ps. I was always under the impression that a script was required for veterinarian drugs too. I will check out the above site. Any others recommended?

Pss: I just ordered some Keflex.

TC, I use calvet for a lot of my stuff. They have a wide variety of things and are discreet with their packing also, good prices too

Typically physicians don't recommend self-treating infections, which is a reasonable concern. They are also suspect of the quality of the products sold outside of the Rx route, which is also a reasonable concern.

TC, I use calvet for a lot of my stuff. They have a wide variety of things and are discreet with their packing also, good prices too

I just ordered from them using PayPal. Thanks. And I worked on Antibiotics for about 10 years for Pfizer and J&J. And I have 4 dog's and have taken their meds myself.

I just ordered from them using PayPal. Thanks. And I worked on Antibiotics for about 10 years for Pfizer and J&J. And I have 4 dog's and have taken their meds myself.

When you say worked on...were you in r&d?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I used to breed and rescue dogs. Antibiotics, wormer, and may other vet drugs are the exact same thing...when your in a pinch go to the fish section of a pet store, Doxy,tetra, cipro...all otc

which specific antibiotics and products are you guys ordering and for what conditions are you using them for?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws