over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any benefits from using the sauna?

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I have been sitting in the sauna (Sweat room) after my workouts just to relax and think. I dont think there are any benefits to this but now that i think about it im not actually sure. Can it help with weight loss or any other health benefits to using the "Sweat Room"? I know the immediate weight loss is due to water/sweat loss but what about any useful loss? KS

good for your skin

Sounds like you enjoy it and that has benefits you cannot measure. Having time after you stress your system and push yourself to physical limits to relax and think is excellent.

After any day I lift I sit in the hot tub for about 6-10 minutes and then hit the sauna for 3 or 4. This leaves me energized and ready to take on my day. Any health benefits on top of that I count as gravy.

not to hijack this thread but i heard its bad to go into the sauna the day of a contest i would think that it would dry you out even more

Do a search on it.Google health benefits of sauna.Alot of good benefits from it.

Look into Infrared saunas.....supposed to be better. im looking into buying a portable one!

This is how you properly use the sauna. It's a recovery tool. Use it on a off day. The sauna will increase your bloodflow allowing your body to heal. After about 5 minutes when ur skin starts to get red you need to get out and jump in to the pool or cold shower to cool off. Because after 5min ur blood travles to the skin and by jumping into the cold water u shoot it back into the muscles. Repeat this for about half an hour. Steam saunas are better because they keep u more hydrated. If ur going into the dry sauna put a wet towel on ur head and get out every 4 min. ( it dehydrated u faster) Drink plenty of water during this process. You can also use a hot tub. It's good to switch between the three and do this once maybe twice weekly.

not to hijack this thread but i heard its bad to go into the sauna the day of a contest i would think that it would dry you out even more

not only that but you shouldve already of had 2 coats on of your tanning products maybe even 3

by friday night i have 4 coats of dye on by friday night b4 bed, i start thursday b4 bed and tht is the first coat

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
i actually sit in the sauna pre-workout for about five minutes to get my body temp up a bit...especially in the colder months

There have been studies that show an increase in cellular heat shock proteins when s tubs are used. And high levels of HSPs have been linked to high levels ofaunas/hot protein synthesis. That being said, I have no idea how much of an effect on muscle growth using a sauna would have

It helps muscles relax which helps recovery there are numerous benefits feeling great as one cant be over stated

Someone else mentioned heat shock proteins. Can't claim that I fully understand it all, but search 'Rhonda Patrick sauna'. She goes into a lot of detail but there are tons of health benefits.

I read at some point that it cant get hot enough to really help. Dry heat is hotter I think. It has to reach a certain temp but shit it still feels good so to me it does something.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws