over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any way to thin skin?

swim15

Registered
I have pretty thick skin genetically. Even when I'm contest lean and glutes are in, don't get the suctioned look a lot of guys get where they can pull their skin out an inch or two. This was also confirmed by my tattoo artist.

I am wanting to go for a pro card in the next 1-2 years and was wondering if there is anything to do for this. I've read that insulin may be linked so was thinking about metformin (already using berberine here and there). Otherwise I know there isn't a lot you can do but would hate something that stupid to hold me from a card. Kills me though, especially in my torso where I hold a lot of fat and water anyways compared to the way distribution is over the rest of my body.

Thinking I'm going to do a lot more direct ab training for the next year so they will pop through the skin more and also looking into the Vanquish fat reduction procedure in order to possibly change my proportional fat distribution but that's all I've got so far.

tilapia?

...sry guys

Diet harder

^^^^^
This

Just simply have to suffer even more.

This is my first year in 10 years of competition I can truly say each prep gets harder and harder because you want to do more and be better. Just keep pushing and when you feel like death....go another round ;)

Diet harder

Yea I wish I was just a pussy and could call it a day but it's thick skin. I've felt people's skin that get that suctioned look and it's an entirely different texture. Thought it may be in my head until my tattoo artist said something about it and it was hard to get the ink to stick as opposed to people with thinner skin.

Probably isn't an answer from what I can tell but I'm going to add metformin to see if getting insulin sensitivity way up helps

Swim,

With all due respect, Little Slice is kinda right.
It may not be a case of dieting harder as opposed to dieting longer.

Other than water and sodium manipulation, you should be almost show ready
30 days out and definitely 2 weeks out.

The longer you hold contest condition, the leaner you will get.

I hear a lot of guys saying that they have thick skin.
Actually there isn't really such a thing.
Read below:

Skin is subclassified into two basic types: thin skin and thick skin. Thin skin is the predominant type of skin that covering the human body. It has a relatively thin epidermis and generally contains hair follicles, sebaceous glands, and sweat glands. Thick skin is only found in two primary locations: the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, areas of the body that are routinely subjected to extensive abrasion. Thick skin has a significantly thicker epidermis than thin skin, it contains sweat glands, but lacks hair follicles and sebaceous glands.

-MT

Gh will thicken the skin. But I still have good vascularity in my arms and calves when bf is low enough.

White fish bro. Didnt you guys know white fish thins the skin. Amateurs.

I think a lot of times i comes with time. Guys who have ben using gear and dieting down to low single digit bodyfat over and over for years aventually get that really papery thin skin. I belive I remember scott stevenson explaining it that way awhile back somewhere on here

Heard this , before but is it really true and , is it worth substituing chicken/beef as protein sources ?

Yea I wish I was just a pussy and could call it a day but it's thick skin. I've felt people's skin that get that suctioned look and it's an entirely different texture. Thought it may be in my head until my tattoo artist said something about it and it was hard to get the ink to stick as opposed to people with thinner skin.

Probably isn't an answer from what I can tell but I'm going to add metformin to see if getting insulin sensitivity way up helps

that sounds good dude

just remember to diet harder

Swim,

With all due respect, Little Slice is kinda right.
It may not be a case of dieting harder as opposed to dieting longer.

Other than water and sodium manipulation, you should be almost show ready
30 days out and definitely 2 weeks out.

The longer you hold contest condition, the leaner you will get.

I hear a lot of guys saying that they have thick skin.
Actually there isn't really such a thing.
Read below:

Skin is subclassified into two basic types: thin skin and thick skin. Thin skin is the predominant type of skin that covering the human body. It has a relatively thin epidermis and generally contains hair follicles, sebaceous glands, and sweat glands. Thick skin is only found in two primary locations: the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, areas of the body that are routinely subjected to extensive abrasion. Thick skin has a significantly thicker epidermis than thin skin, it contains sweat glands, but lacks hair follicles and sebaceous glands.

-MT

I'm well aware I should be ready a few weeks out, I've done long preps before.

But- saying that there is no genetic variation in skin is a pretty extreme generalization. Different thickness and layers have been noted between races and with the extreme multitude of genetic variations and combinations there definitely are differences. Hell, high level body builders have different fascia than your average joe so I don't think it's unreasonable to assume differences in skin

It's not your skin. I Know from personal experience. Once I get in single digits which is very freaking rare you get the dick skin appearance. Also if I'm flat as hell I look soft as shit. Then if I eat some carbs and maybe a little glazed donuts vooom united states road map.

Yes, you can thin your skin as you age. But thats probably it. Or if you find a way to get some sort of skin disease that produces this...

You're going down the wrong path. Get as lean as possible, which might be leaner than whatever you thought you had to get to before. When you're as lean as possible then your skin will not look as thick as you think it is. Think about it, its probably a matter of millimeters (or whatever smaller measurement one would use to measure skin thickness). You're talking such a small amount. That and something you can't even change. You can get leaner. You can't make your skin thinner (nor would that likely even be a good idea).

Yes, you can thin your skin as you age. But thats probably it. Or if you find a way to get some sort of skin disease that produces this...

You're going down the wrong path. Get as lean as possible, which might be leaner than whatever you thought you had to get to before. When you're as lean as possible then your skin will not look as thick as you think it is. Think about it, its probably a matter of millimeters (or whatever smaller measurement one would use to measure skin thickness). You're talking such a small amount. That and something you can't even change. You can get leaner. You can't make your skin thinner (nor would that likely even be a good idea).

the entire premise of the question is completely ridiculous when you actually think about it.

By thinner are we talking about tighter?

If so I recon most ppl who have been over 20% bf will never get tight skin, couple of friends like this, they get super lean but the skin just isn't tight, it's been stretched too much

1.REMOVE ANY DAIRY PRODUCTS(YES EVEN THOSE SHITTY PROTEIN POWDERS)
2.REMOVE ANY GLUTEN PRODUCTS.
3.EAT WHITE FISH AS PRIMARY PROTEIN SOURCE AND EGGWHITES.

Dont tell anybody this, its a Secret Among top Bodybuilders.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311