advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else notice where Arnold Swarzenegger was the night of the olympia?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Surprisingly he was not even at the olympia. He was at the big boxing match in Cal. between Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Arreola. Vitali easily defeated Arreola btw. You can catch the fight on HBO and they pan the camera to Arnold in the crowd. Perhaps he went to the prejuding of the olympia the night before. I just find it kinda ironic that the one man that everyone associated with Mr. Olympia and bodybuilding wasnt even at the finals. A bit sad.

He's in politics now and doesnt want to be associated with that level of bodybuilding and what chemicals you have to use (he has used) to get there.

He's in politics now and doesnt want to be associated with that level of bodybuilding and what chemicals you have to use (he has used) to get there.

I would think if that was the case then he would stop putting his name on the 2nd biggest professional bodybuilding show in the world. So I dont think its really that reason. I would say that he probably just didnt have much personal interest in being there and would rather witness the big boxing match.

Maybe he just wanted to be at the boxing match? :)

He's not under any contract or obligation to attend every Mr Olympia, or is he?

Maybe he just wanted to be at the boxing match? :)

He's not under any contract or obligation to attend every Mr Olympia, or is he?

That's what I was thinking.
What do you think would be more interesting, 2 guys fighting, or xx men flexing?
He's competed before, it's the same shit over and over for him.

That's what I was thinking.
What do you think would be more interesting, 2 guys fighting, or xx men flexing?
He's competed before, it's the same shit over and over for him.

I think that it just reinforces how bodybuilding is never going to become a popular sport. Sure Arnold lived and breathed bodybuilding and may be bored/tired of it some but at a big boxing match you will see many ex pro boxers in attendance. They never tire of watching bouts.
Im not saying that he should feel guilty for not being there, but it just points out how much more exciting watching a sport like boxing is. There is another factor too and thats the whole social aspect of big events like that boxing match. There were a lot of celebrities there and plenty of big after parties to be had.

there was recently a thread about a bodybuilding ambassador. Arnold was named a whole lot. Honestly, I feel like he "used" to be that, but really, isn't any more. Arnold's bound to hang up the towel (or posing trunks) eventually. Maybe this is just it.

The competition with his name to it, that to me I would call something like his legacy. It's carrying his name in bodybuilding for him. I think he can step back now and marvel at his bodybuilding accomplishments and not need to be so involved. Reminds me of flex weider at least a little.

my 2 cents

Last edited:
for me at least the olympia isnt as interesting as when ronnie and jay were doing battle let alone when levrone and dorian , flex etc were exciting to watch the competition seemed stiffer ,my take is that this year was sort of apples and oranges as in dex being so different to jay and ive followed bodybuilding for twenty something years and think its lost some of its magic maybe ? on an up note though jay i thought was realy good! i think arnold should of been there still though. i also think it a shame about the health side of things now but then again thats evolution for you, i wonder if the asc will over take the olympia soon? thought arnold would of been there rather than boxing though...

^^^^exactly.. over the years he has worked hard to distance himself from the whole damn sport.. makes me fuckin sick that people still hold him up as an icon of bbing when hes clearly embarrassed about it.. besides.. with his body in TODAYS sport he wouldnt even be a pro IMO

I would think if that was the case then he would stop putting his name on the 2nd biggest professional bodybuilding show in the world. So I dont think its really that reason. I would say that he probably just didnt have much personal interest in being there and would rather witness the big boxing match.

I am still surprised that his name is still attached. You would have thought by now that he would have ended that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131