advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone See Better Results Training Arms On Their Own Dsy?

My best results were from training more often and with movements that work best for me which allow me to not get injured.

Ive tried training arms on their own day, training tris with chest and bis with back, hitting them with high and low weight, basically tried everything because arms dont come easy for me.

The biggest things that sped arm growth along for me were proper exercise selection and hitting them with volume. I can curl a 45 on either side of a cambered bar but that's pure ego lifting given I get a better arm workout using less weight and my arms are better for it.

When I was listening to other people I got a lot of advice to do straight bar arm curls (which destroyed my forearms) and straight bar tricep press (which are great but heavier loads start putting my shoulder under pressure), and dips for tris which seem to hit my chest more than my tris regardless of the angle my torso takes when I do them. So I dont do straight bar arm curls, will occasionally do straight bar tricep press, and leave dips for chest. Everyone is different.

I train arms with chest now and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Gonna be giving it a shot

Yes, at a certain point the added volume one push and pull days was not enough for them to grow. They were a lagging bodypart and they needed their own day.

But even with that, its finding the right exercises and volume that fit my body. I do basically all cable movements and isolation stuff. Tris get hit pretty hard on my PUSH days but biceps NEEED some added stimulus from their own day. This is the first offseason I've really had an "arm day" and it has paid off in my opinion.

Tallish guy with monkey arms...big compound moves (dips, close grip bench) just don't much for me for tris. Even skullcrushers with a bar do squat for me because if i bring a bar down to my forehead or nose lying flat i just don't enough stretch. Machine Extensions, Overhead Extensions, and even Pullover type movements seem to work best for my long limbs. Never found giving arms their own day to be largely advantageous, although i haven't done that since i was on the gas which was ages ago.

I also always do them on their own day. I also very much prefer cable/pulley exercises over free weight exercises for arms.

You've got to try all of this training stuff for yourself to find out what works for you.

For those who do arms on their own day, what does your split look like?

never ask a guy with huge arms how to get huge arms.
chances are he has no idea. he just works out
#genes

i always felt bad when younger guys would ask me how i got such big delts.
didnt have the heart to tell em i rarely worked em out. usually mostly just 6 weeks before a comp....
when i did work em out i only did laterals.
-F

Legs
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Just recently went back to this split for the sole reason of giving arms their own day. Definitely move more weight as they aren't spent from doing chest or back.

Some times I'll do a 4 day split (chest/tris & back/bis) and on that fifth day hit arms again but usually hit legs a gain as they are definitely make trouble area.....

I got good results doing the following split.
Chest/back
Legs
Delts/Biceps/triceps

I think the added secondary volume of hitting some tricep and bicep with chest and back work helped.

The downside of that is that after awhile my shoulders and elbows pay for it. When I feel that coming I switch to a more conventional Push/legs/pull split.

Day:1 Chest, bis ,abs. *** doing chest days works tris
Day:2 Legs
Day:3 Off with cardio
Day:4 Shoulders, traps, tris
Day:5 Back, rear DELTS ***doing back days works bis
Day:6 Off with cardio
Day:7 Off with cardio

This way you hit them once hard and second time a little by doing the chest and back days also this way you are hitting them every 3 days that gives them rest

Arms all by them selves always had me overtraining them specially I’m lacking in them and they are small muscle group.

never ask a guy with huge arms how to get huge arms.
chances are he has no idea. he just works out
#genes

i always felt bad when younger guys would ask me how i got such big delts.
didnt have the heart to tell em i rarely worked em out. usually mostly just 6 weeks before a comp....
when i did work em out i only did laterals.
-F
I always tell the new guy not to ask the biggest guy either what they are doing. And when they do ask someone to not ask what they are doing now. But what did they do when they were starting out and made their biggest gains.

I always tell the new guy not to ask the biggest guy either what they are doing. And when they do ask someone to not ask what they are doing now. But what did they do when they were starting out and made their biggest gains.
THIS^
they prob wont listen BUT if they do it will save em lots time and frusteration lol
-F

I think polite a specific way to ask the question would be, "What advice would you give for a person seeking such and such"

Asking a person with big biceps for advice may or may not be advantageous. The person could have the genetics for that attribute and answer with, "Train your biceps with 6 days a week." This training could be centered mostly around vanity cause he likes looking at his biceps in the mirror lol.

The best training partners that I've trained with had poor genetics but diligently sought as much knowledge as possible.
Luckily on this forum there are vets with the body and brains so to speak.

there was this freak young black guy who would come workout at the YMCA i was a trainer at waaay back when.
i'd compare him to an Orville Burke. he was totallly nattie new nothing about supplements, or diet or juice nothing like that.
i struck up a convo w him and told him he could be a freak in bbing and had he thought about competing and did he have any goals like that
he replied "i just like to lift. never thought bout any of that. never heard anything bout bodybuilding competitions..."
all i ever saw him do was the most basic of the basic movements. chest presses, squats, rows, deads... i cant remember him doing any "angle" bullshit or fancy stretching or anything. he just lifted and left.
wild...
but dudes like that taught me more than anything in this sport. u have it or u dont and have to do all u can to make up for not having it.
-F

I know it goes against some ingrained fundamental dogma, but you don't necessarily have to do your bis or tris LAST on an upper body day. If they are lagging, do them first and then hit the other bodyparts. I do this about every third workout. Same goes for calves. If lagging, do first before your squats.

I know it goes against some ingrained fundamental dogma, but you don't necessarily have to do your bis or tris LAST on an upper body day. If they are lagging, do them first and then hit the other bodyparts. I do this about every third workout. Same goes for calves. If lagging, do first before your squats.

agreed.

i have found that training my back first takes away from my bicep training

but training my biceps first does not take away from my back training

so i train biceps first

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads