over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to fight over training arms

rotinaj

Registered
Newbies
Has anyone struggled with this?
I currently do a PPL split… but only M/W/F due to life obligations.

Even with the minimal frequency I’ve found my biceps are always tense/inflamed and sore for the entire week following my pull workout. My back is always sore but is also always fully recovered after the week… biceps not so much.

Ignoring warmups, my pulling workout only has 2 hard sets of 8-15 reps to failure on 4 different row variations focusing on scapular stretching/contracting with straps to limit arm involvement followed by only 3 cable curl sets of 10-20 reps.
Granted I do these with a significant amount of weight, I consider my form to not to be arm dominant at all.

Not sure what to do improve my biceps’ recovery abilities without almost completely ignoring them.

Anyone have any tips on methods they’ve combatted this type of thing? Daily massaging or stretches? Some kind of site injection? Less/more volume for arms to kick them into gear?

Volume isn't too high. Should be fine. If anything I'd bet your arms are weak relative to everything else and require more work to balance it out so they aren't always the strained weak link. DOMS isn't correlated to gains in any way but is highly correlated to activities not done frequently. Try training them more and getting stronger (I think this may be the first time I've ever said to train arms more on a bber forum).

Pet peeve - pull/pull is a two day functional split mostly seen in powerlifting. Push/pull/legs is nothing more than chest, back, legs body part split. Not saying it's bad as I kind of default to this a lot of the time myself just due to time/energy but no idea how this got blended together.

Has anyone struggled with this?
I currently do a PPL split… but only M/W/F due to life obligations.

Even with the minimal frequency I’ve found my biceps are always tense/inflamed and sore for the entire week following my pull workout. My back is always sore but is also always fully recovered after the week… biceps not so much.

Ignoring warmups, my pulling workout only has 2 hard sets of 8-15 reps to failure on 4 different row variations focusing on scapular stretching/contracting with straps to limit arm involvement followed by only 3 cable curl sets of 10-20 reps.
Granted I do these with a significant amount of weight, I consider my form to not to be arm dominant at all.

Not sure what to do improve my biceps’ recovery abilities without almost completely ignoring them.

Anyone have any tips on methods they’ve combatted this type of thing? Daily massaging or stretches? Some kind of site injection? Less/more volume for arms to kick them into gear?
I’d do stretching and refeed pumps which also stretches. Post food keep a say 15-20 lb around and do a 15 rep set each arm post meals day after, it’ll work or not but only one way to know.

Among other things, I’d give them their own day and follow the rest of the tips by John Meadows. Focus on his form, he explains everything really well and points out what causes pain etc. His videos are gold. RIP.

I love JM but the simplest way to build arms without overthinking is just simply to find the way to give you that crazy pump that feel, if you’re not feeling it you’re fucked. Feel is everything form matters weight is irrelevant

In all sincerity are we certain it’s overtraining and not tendinopathy, an underlying fascial issue or other?

I have issues with my right soleus at the tib junction that sounds exactly like what you are describing but it’s due to fascial construction and it’s binding up in-appropriately.

Have you ran BPC/TB? The volume is low and if it’s been going on for a while you should have adapted to this level of work capacity non issue.

Let us know and best wishes mate!

Other thoughts

Two Years ago I had a bad case of bicep tendonitis, wound up originating from behind my scaps of all places from my pull up volume. Couldn’t get it figured out for the longest time. Making a fist was near impossible.

A few dry needling session through the full chain instantly resolved the issue

I love JM but the simplest way to build arms without overthinking is just simply to find the way to give you that crazy pump that feel, if you’re not feeling it you’re fucked. Feel is everything form matters weight is irrelevant
Hallelujah. I've yet to see someone training arms heavy with actually good arms.

When I read things like ''100 lbs dumbbell curls'' I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131