over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone train pretty much machine only

OR...a different perspective would highlight that the significant role played by the stabilizers impedes the maximum intervention of the target muscle.
Exactly. Those tiny and weak stabilizer muscles are actually hindering you from overloading the target muscle optimally.

Pretty much. But people still count plates in the stack.

Saw this the other day (ego). Guy gets off the machine. Drops the pin way way down and
walks away. WTF? Never seen a woman do that.
I do the exact opposite and put it to the 5 lb setting to piss off my gym stalkers.

I do the exact opposite and put it to the 5 lb setting to piss off my gym stalkers.
I take the pin out. That way it appears unused.

Same thing with pull downs, I rack the bar after I am finished, it leaves no doubt that that station is not being used.

I train predominately with machines.. I believe that free weights just have too many negatives in regards to plain old gravity and balance, weaker supporting muscle etc.. plus with my aweful shoulder Injuries I prefer to not have to balance the load and just put the load on the muscle.. yes, they did just fine in the golden age with free weights. It can be done with just free weights.. but its not optimal..
That being said machines are only as good as the set up.. many are not setting the machines up right in regards to their body and the pivot points etc.. I see it all the time even with video with pro competitors. But if you have a quality machine with great biomechanics you can eliminate the negatives of free weights in regards to their inherent flaw of strength curves in many movements..
My home gym is all hand picked machines that I found worked for me.. I still have dumbells etc and still do db curls, one arm rows etc.. but 90 percent of what do is Hammer strength, Watson, bodymaster, icarian, nautilus machines..
If you were inclined I and I'm sure others would be interested in a quick list of machines you've found effective and added to the collection. I'm mainly a barbell/free weight guy but I've certainly developed a list of favorite machines over the years and always cool to see what others have found. A short list of mine below and * indicates if I have one.

Bodymasters 45 degree leg press (nothing else ever came close though never tried the highly regarded Nebula. Too big to own, a one trick poney with huge footprint and a mega plate hog like no other!)

*Strive/Prime leg extension (I own one of these in my gym - highly regarded piece and tops many LE lists)

Nautilus pullover (old chain driven - no room for this so I do cross bench with a swiss/combo bar if I do them at all - used to love them)

Bodymasters seated triceps push down circa 1991-2 (no idea why this damn thing was so good but almost like a dip with a different axis and I respond well to dips too)

*Reverse Hyper (magic for my lower back - nothing else does what this can for me, I've had a couple and current is a tilt top custom unit)

Same thing with pull downs, I rack the bar after I am finished, it leaves no doubt that that station is not being used.
I started doing that within the last six months. Whenever I'm done with a machine, I take whatever cable attachment I was using and put it back on the shelf so only the hook is there and no one has to guess.

I take the pin out. That way it appears unused.

I try to break the pin into the plates stack, like a broken key in a lock.
Now deal with it, bishes 🕴️
111-mr-pimp.png

I started doing that within the last six months. Whenever I'm done with a machine, I take whatever cable attachment I was using and put it back on the shelf so only the hook is there and no one has to guess.

The gym, the world, is a much better place because of us ;)

I try to break the pin into the plates stack, like a broken key in a lock.
Now deal with it, bishes 🕴️
111-mr-pimp.png
I always carry various diameter pins in my bag so i only hope that i use more weight then you. But probably not. They used to serve a better purpose back when i would pin more weight on the stacks.

I always carry various diameter pins in my bag so i only hope that i use more weight then you. But probably not. They used to serve a better purpose back when i would pin more weight on the stacks.
I use the end of a dog collar/chain from Walmart was $8 to pin weight in. My problem is finding the best way to add 2 lb incriminate barbells. If I tie to middle it slides. Been using a 2.5 lb chain and just curling it gripped with the bar.

I wonder who are the people who design machines. They have engineers on staff who are constantly trying to build machines? They don't put enough new ones out I can't imagine there are many people who design them now days. Even manufacturing I doubt there is a huge demand for new machines because gyms aren't constantly getting new equipment.

I use the end of a dog collar/chain from Walmart was $8 to pin weight in. My problem is finding the best way to add 2 lb incriminate barbells. If I tie to middle it slides. Been using a 2.5 lb chain and just curling it gripped with the bar.
They make 2.5 and 5 lb. magnetic weights that can stick to the end of a dumbbell. I used to use them in my growth years to make smaller jumps then some gyms dumbbells' would allow.

They make 2.5 and 5 lb. magnetic weights that can stick to the end of a dumbbell. I used to use them in my growth years to make smaller jumps then some gyms dumbbells' would allow.

A good friend of mine, John Szimanski (RIP) had a business making
fractional plates, custom lifting bars, etc., Piedmont Design Associates.

They were perfect for small increments increases, especially for lighter dumbells.

Don't know if they are still around. He had a very successful business.

Very underrated tool. I have the 1.25 piece too, everybody look at me thinking "poor SOB".
Heck if I could add that weight every damn week I'd be curling 120lbs dumbbells in one year.

Very underrated tool. I have the 1.25 piece too, everybody look at me thinking "poor SOB".
Heck if I could add that weight every damn week I'd be curling 120lbs dumbbells in one year.
Yup. I used to carry 1.25 pound plates too in my bag for the barbell. I don't miss carrying around all that seel anymore.

I have a set of platemate fractional plates (down to 0.25lbs) as well as normal change plates from Rogue down to 1.25lbs.

I will confess that these days they see virtually no use. Great tool but more of an "it's not you it's me" thing.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner