advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone want to tell me wtf Im doing wrong?

HKR01

Registered
So Ive been training legs for the past 1 1/2-2 years as I was one of those "never train legs" guys. Anyway lately ive been having some major squat issues. I pay attention to form, chest up, eyes up, but out, etc. But whenever I start going heavy or high intesnsity during my workout I get a pain in my upper outer quad. LAst time I thought I snapped something in both of my legs. I heard a rip in both outter quads and I dropped partially. The pain subsided after a week and I didnt see any bruising. At first i was convinced I tore both quads. :banghead: I just got back to the gym and i stopped mid way thru my workout because I started getting a dull pan back in my outter quad going heavy. Wtf is going on? Im driving myself crazy. cant figure this shit out.

Sounds like a tear. Probably just partial

Use the leg press machine for heavy lifting....squat lighter....

"May the force be with you all"

rumble roller

Attachments

• rumble_roller_blue_full.jpg
    rumble_roller_blue_full.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 562
Foam roller and ART would be a place to start. Work on that IT band and TFL.

Definetly go see ur doc, u don't want to play if its a tear it could catapult to major injury that could fuck u up real good. Always better safe then sorry...

I had something similar years ago in both upper and outer quads...couldnt do leg extension or squat down..Id predominately been doing heavy leg press and not so much squatting due to a past back fracture...However i had therefore developed an imbalance in development...basically the quads were growing from the leg press but pulling the under developed antagonistic muscle around the upper outer quad and hip joint area..I was advised to heavily stretch this area as best i could and drop leg press and squat more...gradually working up in weight and depth..

Hope that perhaps helps....food for thought perhaps

preexhuast before you do your squats... i wont squat past 495 and i hate putting that much weight on the rack for my frame. So i kill my legs then do squats and drop down to 405 for 12 reps which ends up being failure for me.

I would ask the gym owner for a competitive powerlifter who can teach you how to squat. Not a mickey mouse personal trainer but someone who has stood up with 600lbs on their back lol.

I would've quit legs until 100 fit

THanks for the replies. Im 99% sure its not a tear as I know I wouldnt be able to squat or do anything at all if that were the case. In the beginning of the workout Im able to go heavy as hell. I tried the pre-exhaust leg extensions working up to racking the whole stack. Its just once my quads are pumped as hell and towards the middle of the workout, the pain starts to appear. Im thinking Something is real tight. Gunna start foam rolling hard!!

Give this stretch a try. Works wonders. Starts at the 1 minute mark
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PpBntRdK0o]CrossFit - The Couch Stretch with Jami Tikkanen - YouTube[/ame]

No problem. The couch stretch is definitely painful. Do a little rolling on the piriformis with a lacrosse ball and foam roll your it bands as well as this stretch and you will notice tremendous changes

Foam roller works wonders. I had a similar issue that took about a month to completely heal.

Your only as strong as your weakest link. In my case I could squat much more than my ligaments could handle.

Last edited:
Your form might be an issue as well. You really need to learn how to go ass to ankles from the start. If you're doing 90 degree squats with other quad based movements, you'll over develop your quads and under develop your hips, glutes, and hamstrings.

If you can't squat deep, you need to lower the weight until you can. Make sure your leg presses, hack squats, and walking lunges are all deep as well.

Make sure your feet are pointed slightly out to allow for external rotation of the hips. This is why so many people can't fathom going deep on squats, leg presses (especially leg presses), and hack squats. "But my ass comes up off the pad!"... YES... because your hip movement sucks ass and you're going to heavy.

Like someone else said get your legs firing before you go into the heavy movements I do hammies first, really high rep legextensions like 3 sets for a hard 45 and then I do squats and legpress. Never have any issues with pain. Good luck.

Foam roller helps. I had the same problem. Give squats a break completely for 3-4 weeks. After you heal a little bit, do light weight lunges in the rack for a few weeks.(see what weight your comfortable with no pain) then up it. Slowly get back into squats on machine . Might have to see a doctor dude. I don't know the extent of your injury or pain. One word helped my situation along with coming back with that slow process of training.....DECA!!!!!LOL lubricated all my joints,almost pain free!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws