over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ashwagandha

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Since I had a terrible recovery time from one of my surgeries, it through my sleep schedule totally off. Being a small business owner, it's already a challenge during certain times to sleep. Some nights I take the generic Benadryl, but I really hate taking it because it makes me hard to wake up. I call it the Benadryl hangover. I will take Melatonin. It's actually the Vitamin Shoppe Sleep aid that has a combination of ingredients. The nurse practitioner at my doctors office suggested that I take Ashawandha (Goli) and that it will help with stress and other symptoms. I'm on my second month and it seems to be working. Maybe it's psychology, but at this point I'm just glad to be sleeping more.

Anyone taking it? What has your experience been?

I’ve been taking Ashwagandha for awhile now and it calms me down like situations at work I don’t get frustrated, nervous or panic like I used to if something unexpected happens and slows down the schedule. And also in daily life I’m much calm I feel better not as stressed out. As for sleep I’m always ready to crash I guess working out at 4am and my job so I haven’t noticed it as a sleep aid.

Ashwaganda calms the mind, lowers high cortisone I take it 3x day. I take it in the evening with 1mg liquid melatonin, ZMA and L Theainine. Too much melatonin can disrupt deep sleep. It's worked for me. I know the stress of running your own business. I was on prescribed anxiety and sleep mess. But I couldn't think clearly or quickly. And in my business it's nessacary.

I like it and also and usually take it at night with 3mg of melatonin. I do notice a reduction in affect over time so I'll often take it just 5 days a week or take a week off here and there and that seems to help.

It's a staple for me , 400mg am and 400mg pm
I take it more for stress and anxiety than sleep aid though. It's allowed me to cut my dose of paxil in half and actually feel better results with the negative side effects.

It's a staple for me , 400mg am and 400mg pm
I take it more for stress and anxiety than sleep aid though. It's allowed me to cut my dose of paxil in half and actually feel better results with the negative side effects.
What brand do you recommend?

Since I had a terrible recovery time from one of my surgeries, it through my sleep schedule totally off. Being a small business owner, it's already a challenge during certain times to sleep. Some nights I take the generic Benadryl, but I really hate taking it because it makes me hard to wake up. I call it the Benadryl hangover. I will take Melatonin. It's actually the Vitamin Shoppe Sleep aid that has a combination of ingredients. The nurse practitioner at my doctors office suggested that I take Ashawandha (Goli) and that it will help with stress and other symptoms. I'm on my second month and it seems to be working. Maybe it's psychology, but at this point I'm just glad to be sleeping more.

Anyone taking it? What has your experience been?
I take ashwagandha ksm-66 every day almost. Sometimes I forget. I like it and that's not psychological or placebo effect. I definitely sleep more soundly for more hours and wake up feeling more rested. I wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for this board.

Thanks y'all for your replies! They have been helpful.

I'm definitely stressed out. The hits just keep coming. I'm going round and round trying to get info from the IRS about our 2020 refund. I can't even get through to talk to someone. Then there are several other major situations that I'm trying to handle. I've only been taking Ashawandha at night (2) 150mg gummies, but maybe I should be taking 2 in the morning.

In the spring, the NP at my dr's office gave me a prescription for some anxiety medicine, but I had such horrible side-effects that I only lasted a week. It was crazy... night sweats, clammy-shaky hands, and it made my sleeplessness worse! I told my endocrinologist and he said I had no business being on it. He does think that I have adrenal fatigue. I guess I should do a search on PM about adrenal fatigue.

Shoot me a pm bro and I’ll send you some of our taffy/gummies to see if that will help with your sleep!
Just sent you a PM

Thanks y'all for your replies! They have been helpful.

I'm definitely stressed out. The hits just keep coming. I'm going round and round trying to get info from the IRS about our 2020 refund. I can't even get through to talk to someone. Then there are several other major situations that I'm trying to handle. I've only been taking Ashawandha at night (2) 150mg gummies, but maybe I should be taking 2 in the morning.

In the spring, the NP at my dr's office gave me a prescription for some anxiety medicine, but I had such horrible side-effects that I only lasted a week. It was crazy... night sweats, clammy-shaky hands, and it made my sleeplessness worse! I told my endocrinologist and he said I had no business being on it. He does think that I have adrenal fatigue. I guess I should do a search on PM about adrenal fatigue.
Should look into the Sensoril branded ashwagandha, big difference for me in terms of perceived stress. Doctors best is the brand i use

Also higher dosed theanine will chill you out and help sleep. Like 600-800mg

I have been taking it for years… seems to have really taken the edge off while at work. I do AM/PM dosage. Also an added benefit is it is proven to lower LDL.

Should look into the Sensoril branded ashwagandha, big difference for me in terms of perceived stress. Doctors best is the brand i use

Also higher dosed theanine will chill you out and help sleep. Like 600-800mg

600-800mg theanine?I sn't that too much? Most I ever used was 400mg. Never seen any of the premade sleep aids with more than 400mg per serving.

I also discovered ashwaghanda via this forum. Been using it for many years and it works great for me. Some friends that use it do complain it effects their sleep, i guess everybody reacts differently but its been great. I have always taken mine pre bed about 2 hours and i take it with some warm milk and pure honey as it was recommended to me by the company i purchase it from. I have a friend in India who sends it to me here in the UK, cheap and very effective

It's a staple in my supplements. I take it every night before sleep.

2 caps every night (8PM-ish) 1,000mg Ashwa, 15mg black pepper

20220106_130109.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner