over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diagnosed with mild sleep apnea

Well the events happen mostly when I'm lying on my back. It's not so bad on the sides. She said it was moderate only on my back.
It’ll be interesting to see how you sleep on your side with CPap, I can’t sleep on my side with the CPap.

It’ll be interesting to see how you sleep on your side with CPap, I can’t sleep on my side with the CPap.
It isn't too hard for me. I make sure the pillows are raised so I'm almost lying upwards.

See if you can maneuver the pillows somehow so you aren't flat

Keeping my mouth closed while sleeping was the biggest hurdle to successfully using the machine.

You should also learn how to access the settings for your machine. Most doctors just set a huge range and leave it.

The high range doesn't really matter. Titrate the lower range up based on events and comfort. You should easily be able to get under 1 event per hour.

Keeping my mouth closed while sleeping was the biggest hurdle to successfully using the machine.

You should also learn how to access the settings for your machine. Most doctors just set a huge range and leave it.

The high range doesn't really matter. Titrate the lower range up based on events and comfort. You should easily be able to get under 1 event per hour.
I have been sleeping with mouth tape for the last four years so my mouth is forced shut. I still used the mouth tape so far the first two nights but I may stop since I'm not sure I need it anymore.

Mine is set to a pressure of 4 when I sleep. Honestly after two nights, it's not so bad. It hasn't helped me fall asleep faster yet unfortunately but it's not too annoying to wear it. People make it sound worse than it is but maybe I just got the right mask on the first try.

0.3 events per hour the first night and 0.6 events per hour last night, so you're right about getting it to under 1 per house which is nice.

OMG. I am so happy I could cry. I have never seen 98% before until today. It even was 99% at one point. just wow

Attachments

• IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 8
So I finally got diagnosed with mild apnea after being told I didn’t have it in 2019.

I am THRILLED at this result! Now I can finally hopefully get my oxygen saturation up a little from 96 to 98, my hematocrit can hopefully go down now so it isn’t always 60, hopefully have less GERD, and hopefully fall asleep easier too. I couldn’t be any happier that I got this diagnosis.

My appointment to go over the results isn’t until 1/18 so I figure I’ll ask the Pro Muscle apnea experts if they can understand this result and what kind of mask I should wear that is small, tolerable, and not too weird looking.

Also, any opinions on this oral appliance therapy (OAT) option?
Avoid the dream station there is sketchy stuff going on with
Formaldehyde being above the normal limit, let alone actually being directly inhaled. Look up cpap reviews on YouTube and his channel talks about this.

Your ahi is on the edge of being almost nothing, that said I try to get ahi below 2 now that I’m on cpap, but it’s not going to happen for me until I get an ASV since I have cpap induced central sleep apnea. Most don’t really have an issue with this though. If you do get a cpap I’d recommend lowing your maximum pressure down to like 9-13 if using EPR of 3. Then like 7-10 if you’re not using any EPR setting.

Higher pressures than needed cause mask
Leaks and are more likely to induce breath holding which is a form
Of central sleep apnea since the inspiration rate become too effective, eliminates too much co2, and your brain causes you to hold your breath and not breath because there is not enough co2 to trigger breathing. Usually will result in you waking up gasping for air with a full breath of air like you just held your breath going under water.

Mine has been life changing already, and I’m not even getting the proper treatment since I have mixed/complex sleep apnea. My ahi was 31 and my desaturation would go down to 68% blood oxygen. Pretty dang sever actually.

I’d recommend getting an sd card for your machine so you can look into your own Oscar or Sleep hq data ( apps for your phone and software to see every breath you took during the night and a bunch of data )

Like like the n30i mask by resmed

Avoid the dream station there is sketchy stuff going on with
Formaldehyde being above the normal limit, let alone actually being directly inhaled. Look up cpap reviews on YouTube and his channel talks about this.

Your ahi is on the edge of being almost nothing, that said I try to get ahi below 2 now that I’m on cpap, but it’s not going to happen for me until I get an ASV since I have cpap induced central sleep apnea. Most don’t really have an issue with this though. If you do get a cpap I’d recommend lowing your maximum pressure down to like 9-13 if using EPR of 3. Then like 7-10 if you’re not using any EPR setting.

Higher pressures than needed cause mask
Leaks and are more likely to induce breath holding which is a form
Of central sleep apnea since the inspiration rate become too effective, eliminates too much co2, and your brain causes you to hold your breath and not breath because there is not enough co2 to trigger breathing. Usually will result in you waking up gasping for air with a full breath of air like you just held your breath going under water.

Mine has been life changing already, and I’m not even getting the proper treatment since I have mixed/complex sleep apnea. My ahi was 31 and my desaturation would go down to 68% blood oxygen. Pretty dang sever actually.

I’d recommend getting an sd card for your machine so you can look into your own Oscar or Sleep hq data ( apps for your phone and software to see every breath you took during the night and a bunch of data )

Like like the n30i mask by resmed
Thanks for the feedback/education!

A little late to the party as I was able to move the appointment forward so I have used the CPAP for 5 nights already. I got the ResMed 11 machine and was recommended the Philips Dreamwear nasal mask from the company who did my test so that's the one I've used. It seems fine but don't have any other mask to compare it to. Hopefully the formaldehyde is only for the machine and not the mask. It definitely doesn't put me to sleep faster unfortunately, but I got my events down to 0.6 per hour overnight.

My issue was when I was lying on my back. I had much worse apnea on my back. And also when I test my oxygen % when lying on my back watching TV, it's really low. Like 94%. When I sit up, it's higher at 96% max.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to be using distilled water so I have been using heavily filtered water instead. I will use Distilled tonight. Hopefully that didn't hurt me.

I never heard of an SD card but I would definitely be interested in more robust data on my sleeping every night. I am just using the RedMed app now so I am getting whatever info they're giving me. Is there any one you recommend?

A little late to the party as I was able to move the appointment forward so I have used the CPAP for 5 nights already. I got the ResMed 11 machine and was recommended the Philips Dreamwear nasal mask from the company who did my test so that's the one I've used. It seems fine but don't have any other mask to compare it to. Hopefully the formaldehyde is only for the machine and not the mask. It definitely doesn't put me to sleep faster unfortunately, but I got my events down to 0.6 per hour overnight.

My issue was when I was lying on my back. I had much worse apnea on my back. And also when I test my oxygen % when lying on my back watching TV, it's really low. Like 94%. When I sit up, it's higher at 96% max.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to be using distilled water so I have been using heavily filtered water instead. I will use Distilled tonight. Hopefully that didn't hurt me.

I never heard of an SD card but I would definitely be interested in more robust data on my sleeping every night. I am just using the RedMed app now so I am getting whatever info they're giving me. Is there any one you recommend?
What is the reason they say to use distilled water? I fill mine with the tap so interested in this

What pressures are you running at?

What is the reason they say to use distilled water? I fill mine with the tap so interested in this
Apparently so the device doesnt get calcium or magnesium deposits is the short answer.
What pressures are you running at?
4cm is what it automatically goes to so not very high.

So like limescale build up in a kettle in effect

I like the sleep HQ app. It’s free in the App Store. I just got a sd card adapter for my phone to transfer the sd data that my resmed airsense 11 records to the sd card. It has much more data than the resmed app.

In terms of the water you use, it won’t hurt you just over time stuff in the water will condense in the water tank. I use RO water for mine and so far it seems to be working good, but you can buy distilled water by the gallon at a pharmacy or Walmart.

Almost positive the issue with the phillips stuff is the machine itself not the mask. I use the Resmed N30i nasal mask personally, I like it and I get very very low leak rates with it. As long as the mask your using is able to make a good seal and not leak excessively with the maximum pressures you need to treat your OSA ( obstructive sleep apnea), then your good.

I like the sleep HQ app. It’s free in the App Store. I just got a sd card adapter for my phone to transfer the sd data that my resmed airsense 11 records to the sd card. It has much more data than the resmed app.

In terms of the water you use, it won’t hurt you just over time stuff in the water will condense in the water tank. I use RO water for mine and so far it seems to be working good, but you can buy distilled water by the gallon at a pharmacy or Walmart.

Almost positive the issue with the phillips stuff is the machine itself not the mask. I use the Resmed N30i nasal mask personally, I like it and I get very very low leak rates with it. As long as the mask your using is able to make a good seal and not leak excessively with the maximum pressures you need to treat your OSA ( obstructive sleep apnea), then your good.
I'm gonna check out that sleep HQ app. I would like to know more detailed information about my sleep. Thanks for the rec

Actually I like the Phillips nasal mask so far. I also use the Resmed 11 machine. I just messed up when I changed the humidity settings. Once I went back to auto, it's been totally fine. So far after 10 days, I am having 0.3-0.5 events per hour. The pressure stays on 4cm which seems to be ideal.

I ended up getting distilled water on amazon so I just use that now.

I'm gonna check out that sleep HQ app. I would like to know more detailed information about my sleep. Thanks for the rec

Actually I like the Phillips nasal mask so far. I also use the Resmed 11 machine. I just messed up when I changed the humidity settings. Once I went back to auto, it's been totally fine. So far after 10 days, I am having 0.3-0.5 events per hour. The pressure stays on 4cm which seems to be ideal.

I ended up getting distilled water on amazon so I just use that now.
Great numbers for so early in. Knowing you I'm sure you'll find a way to get them to 0 - 0.1 consistently.

Great numbers for so early in. Knowing you I'm sure you'll find a way to get them to 0 - 0.1 consistently.
I hope so! Any advice how to get them even lower? Last night it was 0.4

I never did anything specific to lower mine as they were always low. I'd say it depends on:
  • Finding ideal mask (nasal / mouth / full face)
  • Ensuring a tight fit (your machine can usually tell you this) - moving around through the night will naturally loosen your mask so once a week undo the Velcro and refit it
Also keep in mind that if you get a sinus infection, cold, something similar that impacts breathing, that will throw off you numbers and you may even need to address the pressure to compensate. The best way to know your pressure is correct is it shouldn't feel like there's anything there when you're breathing, you shouldn't feel the air coming in out or out, it should be effortless.

I never did anything specific to lower mine as they were always low. I'd say it depends on:
  • Finding ideal mask (nasal / mouth / full face)
  • Ensuring a tight fit (your machine can usually tell you this) - moving around through the night will naturally loosen your mask so once a week undo the Velcro and refit it
Also keep in mind that if you get a sinus infection, cold, something similar that impacts breathing, that will throw off you numbers and you may even need to address the pressure to compensate. The best way to know your pressure is correct is it shouldn't feel like there's anything there when you're breathing, you shouldn't feel the air coming in out or out, it should be effortless.
Thank you, this is useful advice for me. I wasn't 100% sure whether I was supposed to want to hear the air or not at night. And the one thing the resmed app says I don't do so well is the mask keeps adjusting. Perhaps the fit isn't 100%.

I’m jealous, I’ve been steadily working to get my events under 8 consistently… Hasn’t happened yet, but I haven’t given up! Scored me 10/hr last night, which is down from 28/hr. So I’m trending correctly.

Cage

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner