advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

at my end of my rope for family hooked on oxycontin....

zephyr22

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Well it has begun. I have my whole family who is hooked, Mom, Sister, and brother. I have tried many of times to talk to them about it. They are full blown addicts. This has begun and elevated like this over three years. I recently invited them too a BBQ at my house. Now, mind you I put up a gat too my upstairs so no one would go in my son, or my wifes bedroom. Bam After they all leave I have a secret stash of cash in case of emergencys a little something the wife dont know about). Someone took 80.00 out of it. Im blown away. I can not believe it stealing from your own family. My sister constantly begs for money as does my brother. I feel sorry for them sometimes because they say "we havent ate in two days'" and shit like that. My, mom on the other hand is a addict pretending to recover but really isnt. She, is just broke so has no access to drugs. Man just 10 years ago I lived at home and none of this shit was going on. My, mom had a good job and she still doesnt smoke or drink but the damn oxycontin got her life in shambles. I hope my family can make this out alive. It is stressing me beyond what I can handle. I too have an addicton. Im addicted to the little white devils called ultraset/tramadol. Ive been on them for years for my shoulder pain but it seems I cant get of them. Ive talked to the doctor about it and he told me I should have no problem getting off them but everytime I get severely depressed and prickly skin, diarrhea, insomnia etc...\
no way could I do this still working. I never thought that a non narcotic pill would give me this much problem. Ive been fighting for a year and a half I just dont know where to start or how.......anyone on here have any advice for me. On the family issue Im pretty much screwed because I dont know where to start. I mean they are too the point of pawning TV's, DVD, DVD players. Hocking my moms wedding ring!!!! My step father has no idea what to do hes just pissed off. Im hurting here guys bad. Im like a hipocryte telling them that drugs are bad blah blah blah and here I am an addict myself. Im functional, I have no side effects like being "high" on tramadol. It just seems like if I dont take my dose im very depressed. I looked up the pharmacological info on it and it is very closely related to the antidepressant effexor which is an SSRI. Which helps keep more seratonin in the brain synapses causing less depression. I think I may have cause a damn chemical depression from pain medicine for my shoulder, so I could keep training heavy. All I can say to all is stay away from Tramadol it to me is like satan in a little white tablet. Oh well I gotta find a way to kick this. My training is going good and shoulder feels great but once again I cant be on this shit forever and it scares me......Im a freaking mess. It hurts me to know I cant stop. I appreciate everyone on here and there information. If it wasnt for this board I would be a even worse mess. I havent been posting lately in the open board because I feel unworthy as everyone on this board is about being healthy and building there body which used to be me until this shoulder thing started. I wish I would have just used aspirin occassionally and just went through the pain. Like I said the doc said its "non addictive, non narcotic, and works great for joint and bone pain" Which is true but the little bastards have an evil side as welll. Thank you all for your help. I truly need it. I take 3 50mg tabs every morning than 2 about 6 hours later and I am pain free. If I miss a dose I feel pissed off, ornry and ready to kill someone. Then if it goes on till the late night I cant sleep and toss and turn then the next morning Im alll teary, weeping and feeling depressed. What the hell is all I can say. My doc has no Idea what to do........Any help is appreciated.

Yes. It sounds like a mess you are in no doubt. Last I heard, the makers of tramadol (Ultram) were defending a class-action suit against the patients prescribed a claimed non-narcotic drug that has shown obvious signs of addiction (physical and psychological withdrawal, etc.).

Yes. You are an addict and I suspect your family as well. There are a few remedies that can help in the withdrawal process, but this is more than can be handled in a forum such as this as it involves serious addictions and possibly dangerous consequences.

All of you need to enter into a detox program of some sort. If you have to go by yourself, than DO IT. You have your family to consider. You CAN beat this but not without a certain degree of discomfort whether mild, moderate, or severe. Get away from other addicts if you have to.

You need to get professional help with this right away and a psychiatrist can attack this with you. This may be something you have to work at for a long time. I personally think Ultram should be classified as it is addictive and has potential for abuse but that’s off the record and just a personal opinion..

As far as the theft of you property is concerned, you will have to learn to understand that when dealing with an addict, it's not the person themselves driving them to do these things but the addiction. So in other words, be careful not to get to angry with them (unless you think it will help them enter detoxification) but rather, get angry at the addiction.

Again, I really want to see you get help with this.... NOW... but this is all way beyond what we can do here for you because you sound like your pretty sound. You know what the problem is, you know now what to do. No more procrastination or excuses. Get it done.

Yes....

I know that this is going to be a real fight for me. Ive never had a addiction to anything that was seriously bad. However like I said in my post it runs in my family. Five years ago I would have never thought this would happen. I have tried to do a taper system but failed once. I guess I just dont know how to do it correctly???? I know its gonna be a bitch no matter what. Im just terrified. My doctor said it is all in my head and that the drug is "non addictive" which in fact is bull. I would rather have just taken the pain from my rotator damage than this crap. Much worse, for me anyway. I guess if I have to I will call a rehab facility to see what my options are. Thanks for listening. You guys all mean the world to me. :(

zephyr22 said:
I know that this is going to be a real fight for me. Ive never had a addiction to anything that was seriously bad. However like I said in my post it runs in my family. Five years ago I would have never thought this would happen. I have tried to do a taper system but failed once. I guess I just dont know how to do it correctly???? I know its gonna be a bitch no matter what. Im just terrified. My doctor said it is all in my head and that the drug is "non addictive" which in fact is bull. I would rather have just taken the pain from my rotator damage than this crap. Much worse, for me anyway. I guess if I have to I will call a rehab facility to see what my options are. Thanks for listening. You guys all mean the world to me. :(
Yeah. That is rough. But you shouldn't try to tackle this alone. You're case is not uncommon. I'm sure you will find someone who is sympathetic to your problem. You do owe it to your wife and daughter (you did say daughter?) to get free of this. We care so keep us posted. We're here to listen.

Only time will tell....

Im calling a drug cessation program this week. Thanks for the support. Also if anyone has any situations to share with me that would be great because I feel all alone like this has not happened to anyone before. But me of all people it should not have happened. Im a stronger person than that. I was just naive to drugs true effects of being "non addictive" which is bullcrap. Anyways ill keep you updated as what the center says to do. Thanks.

ZEPHER22......SOUNDS LIKE YOU MADE UP YOUR MIND.

I LIKED WHAT DOC OUCH SAID...JUST DO IT. WELL, SOUNDS LIKE THAT'S WHAT'S YOU ARE DOING!

GOOD LUCK MAN! :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner