over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

audio interview with Mike Matarazzo

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This was a recent interview, think it was back in October. He describes life after having his heart attack and bypass surgery. He,like me, now has an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator. He still keeps his head up and is able to be optimistic. THis is not easy to do! A lot of wisdom here and a message that should be heard by most of us on here.

http://www.emusclemag.com/content.php?cat=10&id=561

oh man..

that is crazyyyyyyy.. good post.

sad. sad.

how r u?? how did the new research study go?? did you get accepted??

oh man..

that is crazyyyyyyy.. good post.

sad. sad.

how r u?? how did the new research study go?? did you get accepted??

Ive been accepted, but just have to meet the criteria for the study now. I will be tested when they are ready for me. He is changin my meds around now, increasing my coreg( a beta blocker) up to 80mg/day. Once that stabilizies they will test me.
I have to admit that I feel rather crappy most of the time, and feel worse when I exercise. Get tired really easy just like Mike described.
I tried to contact Mike today to see how hes doing, not sure if I got the right number. I was hoping to point him toward our study or another one in his area since its free. From what I understand from reading about him he has a lot of medical bills from his troubles. Perhaps he didnt have insurance since he was self emplyed. Glad I did. Between my 2 stays in the hospital and dr visits Ive run up about $200k in bills.

Damn...blocked at work. Has anyone seen it on youtube yet?

dam thats scary

makes me think ya know. not to talk about me but i have type 1 diabetes and i take meds for high blood pressure. my doc also told me my colesterol was messed up to. i dont take it easy with the stuff either, i go pretty hard. i hope everything works out for you bro

Bump for more views

Thought maybe this audio interview should be heard by more people.

thats hard to hear.

very sobering to say the least.

I am scared to listen to it.

WOW, that's all I can say. :(

train to improve your quality of life

makes me think ya know. not to talk about me but i have type 1 diabetes and i take meds for high blood pressure. my doc also told me my colesterol was messed up to. i dont take it easy with the stuff either, i go pretty hard. i hope everything works out for you bro

Have you thougt about just focusing on improving your health..stop taking all of the heavy supplements...and just training to improve your life? What are your goals? and are these goals worth it?
just curious?

H2C2

This is an interview worth listening to for all.

Consider the consequences of your actions.

Thanks!

Aye, bumping again

That was a powerful and sad interview thanks for posting it. It really creates a vivid image of what its like to train and get to the pinnacle of the sport only to be hit and debilitated by health related matters. Mike is just a shell of his former self and has a heart that is function only at 20% capacity if I heard him right... two other very sorbering elements of his conversation were the fact that he claims “in the next 10 years or so you will see a lot more high level competitors (pros & high level amateurs) succumb to major illnesses due to their lifestyle. He also comments on all the letters he still receives from young kids 18- 23 or so indicating that they are this cycle and that cycle and taking this and that…and he gets very angry and verbalizes this in the interview.
You can really tell that Mike still misses bodybuilding not the competitive aspect of the sport but just training, challenging and building oneself.
I certainly suggest that everyone take a couple of minutes out their day and listen to Mike’s comments and pass the link on to any friends that you know that are being daredevil in their practices and jeopardizing their health.

stay safe..

H2C2

Yeah, the thing is we can all look good without resorting to stupid behavior.

The truth is most of us could look incredible with very little supplements and by applying the nutritional and training advice available on this site.

Hell, my poor dad ate a normal diet, rode his bike, walked, lifted three days a week and still had a triple bypass at 60. He took nothing. He was a light person his whole life 55, 150-60 pounds.

Then I look at myself who is a dipshit and stuffed all the food I could eat in my mouth for 20 years trying to "get big". I never got fat, because I worked my ass off, but I'll bet I layed up some major plaque in my arteries on that journey.

Now I religiously do cardio and watch my blood pressure. I get more positive comments when I feel small and weak anyway!

Luckily, I was far removed from the "scene" out here in a rural state and never had enough access or money to abuse drugs in my youth. I am thinking far more clearly these days now that I actually have some good hook ups if I chose to screw myself up. :)

I am not against "use"...but that's not what most guys do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131