over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Benefits of walking

Biggerp, how is your heart doing now? I seem to remember you having some trouble awhile back. I think you are doing much better these days? The walking is great for the heart, even if you don't hit the target zone. Sunshine and vitamin D link too. I need to get into this habit.
Haven't had the ejection fraction measured since I was in the hospital but my blood pressure is way down and I feel a lot better

In 2015 I walked 1,200 miles during lunch and on weekends and my HDL was crazy high! I now prefer bike riding but my HDL is over 10 points lower (still good but not great), and I attribute the better numbers to walking.

Teddy Roosevelt thought that a healthy man should be able to walk 50 miles over three days and in under 20 hours . . . meaning the clock starts on day 1 when you start and then stops when you finally quit that day (with breaks WHILE STILL ON THE CLOCK as being permissible). You do this again on day 2 and 3 too. I was considering it and did walk 16 miles in 4:40 a few Saturdays ago (and that included a 15 minute break at the halfway point). I kept myself occupied with several podcasts :D I didn't continue with days 2 and 3 but I think I will later this year.

As far as calorie burn, I always used 1/2 a calorie per lb of bodyweight per mile. Meaning a 200 lb person will burn 100 calories every mile or 200 calories every TWO miles. If you are willing to devote an hour a day (catch up on your podcasts :D) at 4 MPH (15 minute miles), then a 200 lb man can burn 400 calories from just walking . . . that's nearly a lb loss every week just due to walking.

When my wife was walking the PCT, she regularly walked over 20 miles (sometimes
over 30) a day for months and months. At that rate she was unable to carry sufficient
calories to equal her caloric expenditure which means she was in a state of chronic
deficit, except for resupply days when she ate like a race horse. And she was a strict
vegetarian and a vegan by the time she finished. And while she lost fat overall, her legs
and calves actually increased in size. So much for not being able to build muscle in a
caloric deficit, least of all while consistently walking over 20 miles a day, everyday for
a long long time.

When I was living in Romania I had to walk almost everywhere, more than 2 hours daily no wounder never get fat.

Just got back from a long walk to the park with the baby. We take long walks together practically every day, me pushing her in the stroller. Great for stress relief, weight loss, getting some sun (Vitamin D), and a sanity break to get out of the house, especially during this lockdown. I've always loved walking, especially in the summer when the weather's nice.

If she falls asleep in her stroller when we get to the park, I will run some sprints on the field. Working out outside always feels better than lifting in a gym...running sprints, pushing/pulling a sled, carrying my strongman yoke or farmer's walk bars.

Now that we're home from the park and my wife has the baby, I can go downstairs to my power rack and basement gym and lift. Best of both worlds!

Dr. Stuart McGil says walk more and walk better, so I walk more and walker better.

Just got back from a long walk to the park with the baby. We take long walks together practically every day, me pushing her in the stroller. Great for stress relief, weight loss, getting some sun (Vitamin D), and a sanity break to get out of the house, especially during this lockdown. I've always loved walking, especially in the summer when the weather's nice.

If she falls asleep in her stroller when we get to the park, I will run some sprints on the field. Working out outside always feels better than lifting in a gym...running sprints, pushing/pulling a sled, carrying my strongman yoke or farmer's walk bars.

Now that we're home from the park and my wife has the baby, I can go downstairs to my power rack and basement gym and lift. Best of both worlds!

yes.. i've been doing MURPHs throughout the whole lockdown..
now running a mile before and after weight lifting sessions is a given.

I've been doing more walks outside as well due to covid. If my back was better I would do more running. You can also get some mobility work done on your walks. You don't need any weights or resistance bands. Just go through different body movements. I do cuban rotations, shoulder presses (various hand positions), high knees, backward high knees, etc. It'll help with stiffness.

Mark Bell and Stan Efferding have been on a "10 minute walk per day" for a while now for a number of positive reasons. I'm not sure that all of their claims can hold up to science, but I believe the walk thing wholeheartedly.

the quarantine got me out and about as well. I saw more of my neighborhood in the 5 weeks of quarantine then the previous 5 years I lived there.

Mark Bell and Stan Efferding have been on a "10 minute walk per day" for a while now for a number of positive reasons. I'm not sure that all of their claims can hold up to science, but I believe the walk thing wholeheartedly.

the quarantine got me out and about as well. I saw more of my neighborhood in the 5 weeks of quarantine then the previous 5 years I lived there.

Where my wife's family is from in Italy they call it ‘passeggiare’. Whenever we go back to
Lucca, Tuscany, we inevitably, after dinner, do a passeggiare on the Il Fillung with them and
we are not alone, the street is packed. Must be a a tradition is this part of the county, to do
a short stroll after dinner. Seems to have a positive effect on them as they are healthy
bunch of people.

Where my wife's family is from in Italy they call it ‘passeggiare’. Whenever we go back to
Lucca, Tuscany, we inevitably, after dinner, do a passeggiare on the Il Fillung with them and
we are not alone, the street is packed. Must be a a tradition is this part of the county, to do
a short stroll after dinner. Seems to have a positive effect on them as they are healthy
bunch of people.
Yeah, we did it every night after dinner. A good 20 minutes each way and get some Gelato halfway through. Live music out and the whole place feels alive. Lots of outside dinning too. We would have to walk a good 15 minutes to get to some restaurants we wanted to try. Here at home we drive everywhere.

I've always done my cardio on an elliptical after lifting, but while gyms were shut down I started taking walks around my neighborhood first thing in the morning in addition to another walk after lifting.

Back to doing elliptical after lifting since gyms are open, but I've kept doing my morning walk outside. It just feels good to get outside with some fresh air and sun to start the day. It also puts me in a better mood for the day, as I'm typically slow to get moving in the morning. Going to have to cut it back now that I'm starting my rebound but it's definitely enjoyble.

Bumping this as I started doing the 10 minute walks after eating...well closer to 10-20. Great for mental health, helps with falling asleep at night (recovery), even dropped a few lbs which means I can bump up my cals a bit. Used to think it was bs now a believe. Does anyone know if they are proven to increase insulin sensitivity?

Bumping this as I started doing the 10 minute walks after eating...well closer to 10-20. Great for mental health, helps with falling asleep at night (recovery), even dropped a few lbs which means I can bump up my cals a bit. Used to think it was bs now a believe. Does anyone know if they are proven to increase insulin sensitivity?
no need to prove it - any physical activity will improve insulin sensitivity

I personally do 25-45 minutes of cardio on an empty stomach (the amount depends on whether I want to gain weight, maintain or lose weight) and additionally a minimum of 8000 steps a day (usually it is about 10000 but I try to keep it no less than 8k) it works great for every aspect of my life - like regeneration, digestion, insulin sensitivity, etc

The Italians got it right, la passeggiata.

I started walking a lot over 20 years ago when i got divorced. I found i had the time, it peaceful and used it to clear my head. Often i was at a local park that was 2.8 miles around the lake. Usually walked 3-4 laps, And was really lean as well from it. I have continued walking since then. Typically 2-3 miles most days with 1-2 5 mile days thrown in every week.

I started walking a lot over 20 years ago when i got divorced. I found i had the time, it peaceful and used it to clear my head. Often i was at a local park that was 2.8 miles around the lake. Usually walked 3-4 laps, And was really lean as well from it. I have continued walking since then. Typically 2-3 miles most days with 1-2 5 mile days thrown in every week.
Walking/running parks are the best places to meet females. Especially when you're lean.
I found this out with lockdowns and as a result started running at the local park.
In fact I'll be hitting 5mile run at my local park here in about 1hr of this post.
I don't really entertain conversations these days.. but back in the lockdown era, I was cleaning up.

Walking/running parks are the best places to meet females. Especially when you're lean.
I found this out with lockdowns and as a result started running at the local park.
In fact I'll be hitting 5mile run at my local park here in about 1hr of this post.
I don't really entertain conversations these days.. but back in the lockdown era, I was cleaning up.
I ended up with a few dates from that. One girl rollerbladed past and handed me her number on the way by.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws