over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine

lgnorant

Registered
Newbies
Just ordered some berberine - WellbetX 500mg capsules

My question is - will it still be effective if i take 1g pre bed only? I know its advised 3x a day however i want to sustainably take this supplement indefinitely and 3x a day is sometimes not feasible like clockwork

Otherwise would 1 in the morning and 1 at night work, how do others dose this?

Thank you

Definitely do am/pm. You could opt for Metformin extended release if you one a one pill/day solution.

My question is - will it still be effective if i take 1g pre bed only? I know its advised 3x a day however i want to sustainably take this supplement indefinitely and 3x a day is sometimes not feasible like clockwork

Thank you
You take 1g of regular berberine at one time without getting acclimated to it and you might just shit your pants

This put me off metformin

The study found metformin only impacted contraception when it was being used while the sperm that produced the child was concevied. Unless you're planning to conceive in the next ~90 days this is a non-issue.

You take 1g of regular berberine at one time without getting acclimated to it and you might just shit your pants
Yes some people have stomach discomfort from it. I am going to try dihydroberberine and see if it makes any difference. Dihydroberberine is the active form that your body breaks down from berberine. I agree splitting the dose.

Yes some people have stomach discomfort from it. I am going to try dihydroberberine and see if it makes any difference. Dihydroberberine is the active form that your body breaks down from berberine. I agree splitting the dose.
I experienced the same issue with dihydroberberine at 150mg twice a day. Completely nuked my stomach for like 4 straight days. Was too scared to go squat cuz I thought I might shit myself

Thank you
I take metformin at night and berberin in the morning.

I have noticed in my bloodwork that berberin stops working after I take it for 3 months straight..I stop taking it for 2-4 weeks and it starts working again

Thank you
I personally take one am and one pm. Am being my second meal as I train early morning then have a post workout meal then take berberine with my second meal and my last meal of the night.

Anyone taking a brand they love based on results vs taking these blindly and praying they work. Lol.

THIS is the one down side of the FDA not regulating supps = Wild Wild West lol

Thank you
I'd try to take it 3x/day as mentioned...it's not too hard to have an extra dose of a capsule with you one time a day. Also, take it with milk thistle to enhance its absorbion. I don't know anything about Wellbetx, but I'd purchase from a bigger company.

Anyone taking a brand they love based on results vs taking these blindly and praying they work. Lol.

THIS is the one down side of the FDA not regulating supps = Wild Wild West lol
I’ve seen this one being recommended. I’ve never used Berberine, but if I do it’d be this brand.

Super Berberine Supplement - Dihydroberberine GlucoVantage® Now 5X More Effective Than Regular Berberine HCL Powder Capsules. for Metabolism Support. Keto Friendly Plus Vegan Berberine Extract Pills https://a.co/d/9IVSFJk

Cage

I’ve seen this one being recommended. I’ve never used Berberine, but if I do it’d be this brand.

Super Berberine Supplement - Dihydroberberine GlucoVantage® Now 5X More Effective Than Regular Berberine HCL Powder Capsules. for Metabolism Support. Keto Friendly Plus Vegan Berberine Extract Pills https://a.co/d/9IVSFJk

Cage

Thanks man. I’ve read recently that while Dihydro was supposed to be the new big bad form of Berberine; it’s shown to be not as effective -or- maybe it was not active in the correct MOA whereby it’s actually superior, can’t recall. I will try to find the study.

Sometimes the OG’s remain king. This seems to be one of those cases.

vitacost brand has always done me well...actually all their supplements and they usually run great promos

Acarbose > berberine > metformin

You can do Acarbose and berberine together though. I’d go Am/Pm though

Thanks man. I’ve read recently that while Dihydro was supposed to be the new big bad form of Berberine; it’s shown to be not as effective -or- maybe it was not active in the correct MOA whereby it’s actually superior, can’t recall. I will try to find the study.

Sometimes the OG’s remain king. This seems to be one of those cases.
Looking forward to this data

I take a capsule with my highest carb containing meals no more than 3 times a day. Studies found max benefit is around 1500-1800mg per day iirc. I have never tried taking it on an empty stomach due to the warnings of gastric distress.

I recently added Milk Thistle to that dose. They are found to be synergistic in high quality studies to improve lipid and glucose parameters. Even though Berberine IS proven to work despite it's poor bioavailability, it's just a bonus effect and milk thistle is useful to us in other ways as well.

Acarbose > berberine > metformin

You can do Acarbose and berberine together though. I’d go Am/Pm though
How does acarbose compare to metformin? Less sides? Does it increase fullness and pump like metformin? Does body comp improve drastically on a high dose of it?

Looking forward to this data

Me too TBH. Lol. I’m old and can’t recall exactly what I read when I was researching these but the science was not very compelling to support DiHydro over Standard. Will keep looking.

This guy is wicked smart and extremely well-researched. He has schooled plenty of docs on his channel (via respectful arguments).

Here are 2 blurbs from:

https://myoxcience.com/blogs/articles/berberine-metabolic-health-benefits-explained-via-the-gut

It's important to note that virtually all of the human studies conducted on berberine to date are use Berberine HCl in doses of ~ 500 mg once or twice daily, not dihydroberberine (DHB).

Although some companies claim 'dihydroberberine (DHB) is 5X better absorbed than Berberine HCl,' DHB is virtually undetectable in blood and organs.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws