over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine

Me too TBH. Lol. I’m old and can’t recall exactly what I read when I was researching these but the science was not very compelling to support DiHydro over Standard. Will keep looking.

This guy is wicked smart and extremely well-researched. He has schooled plenty of docs on his channel (via respectful arguments).

Here are 2 blurbs from:

https://myoxcience.com/blogs/articles/berberine-metabolic-health-benefits-explained-via-the-gut

It's important to note that virtually all of the human studies conducted on berberine to date are use Berberine HCl in doses of ~ 500 mg once or twice daily, not dihydroberberine (DHB).

Although some companies claim 'dihydroberberine (DHB) is 5X better absorbed than Berberine HCl,' DHB is virtually undetectable in blood and organs.
Idk, dhb is a metabolite of berb so seems weird it wouldnt be detectable?

Idk, dhb is a metabolite of berb so seems weird it wouldnt be detectable?
I recall Justin Harris saying that even though it does have better bioavailability, it never actually translated to better blood sugar control in application.

I recall Justin Harris saying that even though it does have better bioavailability, it never actually translated to better blood sugar control in application.
I’m about to stop taking either form. Didn’t realize it inhibited a-glucosidase. Sticking w cinnulin pf and alpha lipoic for blood sugar control.

Same reason I never liked Metformin. If I want to absorb less carbs I just eat less carbs, without crapping my pants.
Exactly. I had to go looking for it to find the info about enzyme inhibition, had never heard about it thus far. Also been seeing info about the antimicrobial properties being a negative over time, disrupting the intestinal balance

Yikes. All good points raised above. I hadn’t considered these at all. Good stuff. Thanks for illuminating these issues. Makes me want to get off the bus now too.

My concern now is that I’m on
GH (3 IU’s/day) and it impacts my FBG enough to have hopped on Metformin (1,000 mg time-released) and Berberine (2x/day).

My FBG was creeping up to high 90’s (96-98) years ago (from 75-82 on avg) so I began these to assist.

This helped me get / keep me at 85-90 (still not spectacular IMO), but A1C is 4.8-5.0 (good) and fasting insulin is healthy range.

What’s crappy is that I’m already a relatively low carb guy. I vacillate between Carnivore, Keto and just low carb (always mindful of healthy fats and no processed bs) so I don’t even abuse carbs as. GH has that much of an impact despite me being on these prophylactics.

Ps. I’m relatively lean and get my cardio in.

Argggg

Exactly. I had to go looking for it to find the info about enzyme inhibition, had never heard about it thus far. Also been seeing info about the antimicrobial properties being a negative over time, disrupting the intestinal balance
You may not like these...

You may not like these...
Fuck

I use them when I’m not using berberine.

Gymnema specifically the OSA extract has been shown to actually help beta cells as well which is never a bad thing.

Just threw them out there as an idea

I use them when I’m not using berberine.

Gymnema specifically the OSA extract has been shown to actually help beta cells as well which is never a bad thing.

Just threw them out there as an idea
I’ll have to check it out. For now i guess i’ll keep cinnulin and alpha lipoic, just add extra enzymes!

On the flip side, this is all good for my keto minicuts

blood sugar should be ok w alpha lipoic + insulin during growth phase

On the flip side, this is all good for my keto minicuts

blood sugar should be ok w alpha lipoic + insulin during growth phase
Berberine and metformin slow down glycenogenisis helpful when you're dropping fat calories on keto or adapting to keto. If I take berberine I don't get the acetone breath from glycenogenisis.

Above what dosage is stomach upset common?

Just a note here, Justin Harris is pretty excited about the new combo of Berberine and Sodium Caprate, which improves the Berberine's bioavailability. His company 1st Detachment Nutrition just released "Suppressor Max" which includes this combo.

Just a note here, Justin Harris is pretty excited about the new combo of Berberine and Sodium Caprate, which improves the Berberine's bioavailability. His company 1st Detachment Nutrition just released "Suppressor Max" which includes this combo.
I hope I would be "excited" about anything I sell also. 😉

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner